enad

How to make faces/facewear overwrite user selection?

Alright, so let me make this more clear than the title. I'm making a set of missions, and creating custom units with the 3D Loadout Editor, but in coop the facewear and faces are overwritten by what that user has set. I can get them to change it manually but that would get tedious each mission. So essentially I'm asking, how can I make the facewear and face I've selected for that unit overwrite what the user has set for their 'profile'?

7 hours ago, enad said:

Alright, so let me make this more clear than the title. I'm making a set of missions, and creating custom units with the 3D Loadout Editor, but in coop the facewear and faces are overwritten by what that user has set. I can get them to change it manually but that would get tedious each mission. So essentially I'm asking, how can I make the facewear and face I've selected for that unit overwrite what the user has set for their 'profile'?

Try setIdentity 

//[this,"rhsusf_shemagh2_gogg_tan"] call MRH_fnc_forceFaceWear;

params ["_avatar","_gogles"];

[_avatar,_gogles] Spawn

{

waitUntil {(player == player) && (time>1)};

if (player == _avatar) then {player addGoggles _gogles};

};

true

This does it for the face wear you can modify it to also include face with setFace. (Sorry for not putting the code in a code block I'm on my phone )

1 hour ago, Mr H. said:

//[this,"rhsusf_shemagh2_gogg_tan"] call MRH_fnc_forceFaceWear;

[_avatar,_gogles] Spawn

{

waitUntil {(player == player) && (time>1)};

if (player == _avatar) then {player addGoggles _gogles};

};

true

This does it for the face wear you can modify it to also include face with setFace. (Sorry for not putting the code in a code block I'm on my phone )

I assume for this I need to know the class names of whatever face wear I'm trying to force? I was just trying to avoid that because all the facewear I'm using is modded and I'm not sure there's documentation out there for all of it to provide me with the class names.

SetFace seems easily enough, but I'm also relying on mods that add faces. Primarily CUP, for some of the middle eastern faces(unless those are in the game by default? Honestly don't know anymore hah). So I'm not sure I'd be able to find class names for the modded faces either.

7 minutes ago, enad said:

SetFace seems easily enough, but I'm also relying on mods that add faces. Primarily CUP, for some of the middle eastern faces(unless those are in the game by default? Honestly don't know anymore hah). So I'm not sure I'd be able to find class names for the modded faces either.

To find the class names, in the Virtual Arsenal you can export/copy the information. Which can be pasted into a text editor this should give the class names quite easily.

Just now, R0adki11 said:

To find the class names, in the Virtual Arsenal you can export/copy the information. Which can be pasted into a text editor this should give the class names quite easily.

Oh duh. Right. 

I'm quite rusty with scripts these days. Do I need the whole code Mr. H included for forcing facewear, or just ' //[this,"rhsusf_shemagh2_gogg_tan"] call MRH_fnc_forceFaceWear; ' ? 

Anyway, for the faces. Anywhere I can find the class names for the faces so I can force them? 

4 minutes ago, enad said:

Anyway, for the faces. Anywhere I can find the class names for the faces so I can force them? 

As per my previous post you can use the same method to get the class names.

face player// will return the player's face class name

goggles player // will return facewear class name

im having a similar issue

I am trying out the Leona Camo Pack ACE3 and the players face is overwriting the texture/model

quite amusing, but really frustrating (and somewhat terrifying)

36b1e837ebbc5accfb805f654ed507a1.png

im new to scripting and still learning how arma code works.

Can someone explain why this happens and how to fix it?

• Haha 1

**Update: I did a bit more digging and found the fix.

Located the name of the face from the "Object: Identity" in the attributes window by hovering the mouse over the selected face, then included it in this simple code:

this setFace "Leona_Face"; 

// The above image will continue to haunt me

• Haha 1