Regoleech

Microphone working on all servers except the one I want to play on

So after I reinstalled windows 10 my microphone hasn't been working in this one specific server. It worked before reinstalling Windows. I tested with another Arma profile and it didn't help. To my surprise I tried a couple of other servers and it worked on all of them. My working microphone is set to default in windows, it works in steam, I tried running steam and Arma in administrator mode, creating new Arma profiles, reinstalling Arma, checking microphone drivers, restarting PC.

Before you ask, no I have not been banned from talking on the server, I checked 😂. My voice shows as transmitting but no sound is coming out.

Specs : I5-7600k@4.6ghz, Windows 10, Nvidia GTX 1060, Asus prime z270-a. Headset is steelseries arctis 3

8 hours ago, Regoleech said:

my microphone hasn't been working in this one specific server.

Hello there Regoleech and welcome also to Bis Forums !

Do the others on the server able to talk ?

Might be that you are not using the correct channel .

It is possible to the channels to be disabled , do you know about it ?

14 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Hello there Regoleech and welcome also to Bis Forums !

Do the others on the server able to talk ?

Might be that you are not using the correct channel .

It is possible to the channels to be disabled , do you know about it ?

Yes. Others on the server can talk, I am on the correct channel and the channel isn't disabled.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Regoleech said:

Others on the server can talk

Have you talk to the owner or someone of the group that run this server , if they have whitelist this ?

I don't know if this is possible , but so else it's good to ask ,in case you haven't.

53 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Have you talk to the owner or someone of the group that run this server , if they have whitelist this ?

I don't know if this is possible , but so else it's good to ask ,in case you haven't.

It's not whitelisted and I already talked to support. They said they don't know why my mic doesn't work.

1 minute ago, Regoleech said:

They said they don't know why my mic doesn't work.

Do you have any other kind of mic , in order to test this ?

Just now, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Do you have any other kind of mic , in order to test this ?

Yes. Didn't work with another mic either. The problem isn't my microphone since it works on all other servers. I think it might be something to do with firewall settings blocking that particular server? I didn't see anything blocking it when i checked though.

Have you considered that the people you've tried to talk to on that server might just be taking the piss? Conspiracies, i know. But it wouldn't take much for a smaller group to stuff someone around like that. 

12 hours ago, beno_83au said:

Have you considered that the people you've tried to talk to on that server might just be taking the piss? Conspiracies, i know. But it wouldn't take much for a smaller group to stuff someone around like that. 

Yes I'm sure. Even got an admin to verify it.