fat_lurch

[WIP] Helocasting & K-Casting

On 3/16/2019 at 9:49 PM, fat_lurch said:

I seem to have the waypoints for setting up and executing a helocast working. The AI will also climb into their boat and wait for subsequent tasking. I think I'm going to hold off trying to make the AI driving the boat try to drive into the Chinook for recovery for now - I have a feeling the AI will not do that very well.

That looks pretty good.

And yeah, I think you're right, with the way the AI drive the boats (worse than they drive cars, as hard as that may be to believe), they aren't likely to be able to drive into the helo.  

• Thanks 1

I've picked this addon up again and I'm getting ready to release a Beta version. I've stripped back some of the more experimental parts for the sake of getting something out for Beta.

Were folks planning on using this mostly in SP or MP? I have SP worked out, I'll need to throw some more time at it to see if things are all working in MP.

• Like 5

SP here. Looking forward to giving this a go.

• Thanks 1

I play SP only. I'll try this out once released, it looks pretty cool. 

• Thanks 1

MP for me. looking forward to this coming out 👍

• Thanks 1

I going to try to release this during this weekend.

Initial supported aircraft will be the RHS UH-60s, RHS CH-47s and hopefully the vanilla CH-67 (Its been fighting me).

The initial release will allow you to setup for helocast in the Eden editor.

I'm working on testing in MP, then I should be able to release.

Depending on timing, I may also try to sneak in the CRRC recovery feature for the CH-47.

Thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Any plans to allow for K-Casting with Yax and RiverX's H-60 Project? Also i essentially only play organized MP (Milsim/Realism whatever you want to call it) so it being available in MP would be amazing. 

20 hours ago, PotionSeller said:

Any plans to allow for K-Casting with Yax and RiverX's H-60 Project? Also i essentially only play organized MP (Milsim/Realism whatever you want to call it) so it being available in MP would be amazing. 

My plan is to add compatibility for most requested helos. Unfortunately it requires a bit of manual configuration for each asset.

Can you send a link to the H-60s you're referring to?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, fat_lurch said:

My plan is to add compatibility for most requested helos. Unfortunately it requires a bit of manual configuration for each asset.

Can you send a link to the H-60s you're referring to?

Thanks

Sorry there's no release yet - this thing is fighting me EVERY !@#*&^T%$#@! STEP of the way...

I'll have a bit of downtime away from work soon with Christmas coming up so hopefully I'll be able to get this pushed out. 

• Like 3

I've finally released a Beta: LINK

Thanks all for your patience and support!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1