Sign in to follow this  
themightyfoxtrot

[WIP] [SP-COOP][CAMP] Team Stranger Sniper Campaign.

TSA3text.jpg

***PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS***

Hello There!

I am currently in the process of designing a Campaign and want feedback on my idea and eventually when I start rolling out mission's them as well. Since moving over to ACE I've loved the ballistic system as part of it. I was inspired by Igneous01 - ArmA 2 Campaign and wanted to create something similar but on the ArmA 3 Platform. However, I wanted to make something that is also co-op but was unsure if that is possible so please feel free to comment down below. I also didn't want thousands of mods I wanted to use mods that are the most popular on the Steam Workshop but like I've said if you have any suggestions please mention them below. 

Here's a general summary of my campaign:

The year is 2018. A Rebel militia led by General Juma has seized control in a coup and killed thousand’s in a mass genocide. The militia was funded and armed by the Russian Government and led by Major Gredenko. The President has the backing of Congress and has waged war on the Pacific Island and an invasion fleet is on its way to Tanoa.  You play as a sniper team call sign “STRANGER” to bring this conflict to an end.

MODS:

• ACE
  • RHS USAF
  • RHS AFRF
  • Apex

Now I know this campaign won't be for everyone but I would appreciate any idea's that great community can provide.

***PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS***

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks promising - I'd recommend maybe making the campaign mission by mission so each one is more managable. I think what people want from sniper missions is detail and stealth - not just run and gun play with a sniper rifle.

I've yet to see a mission where you set up a hide or use claymores/ tripmines to protect yourself - I think that would be interesting to see. The fact that your picture has a guy wearing a bergen is promising - makes you think about the limited supplies and what you should/ shouldn't carry.

There's plenty of sniper books out there and I think you can get army manuals still as inspiration.

If you'd like help I'd love to help polish things.

15 minutes ago, Callsign said:

Looks promising - I'd recommend maybe making the campaign mission by mission so each one is more managable. I think what people want from sniper missions is detail and stealth - not just run and gun play with a sniper rifle.

I've yet to see a mission where you set up a hide or use claymores/ tripmines to protect yourself - I think that would be interesting to see. The fact that your picture has a guy wearing a bergen is promising - makes you think about the limited supplies and what you should/ shouldn't carry.

There's plenty of sniper books out there and I think you can get army manuals still as inspiration.

If you'd like help I'd love to help polish things.

Jeez, Wasn't expecting such a quick reply! I like the idea of just taking each mission 1 by 1... this has been my faltering before. Definitely about the idea of stealth and detail. I love to put as much detail into mission as possible but still want to make it interesting even for myself to play. I didn't think about the idea of using claymore's actually almost dare i say like all ghilled up the last bit using claymore's as a defense. 

Sounds good will definitely be in contact!

• Like 1

Sounds good all of it except ACE. Would you consider making a version without it?  

Anyway, I will keep an eye on this, we need single player content! 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jonstyle said:

Sounds good all of it except ACE. Would you consider making a version without it?  

Anyway, I will keep an eye on this, we need single player content! 

I did plan on doing something like this pending how the project turned out. But for me the ballistic system on ACE is the main focal point for me as to why I included it...but like I said that's not stopping me from creating an SP mission for it. After all I do love SP

UPDATE (01/03/19)  - I am going to focus on the SP Element first as I feel it is easier to code. Once the SP Side of it is done I will adapt the mission to CO-OP.

• Like 3

Great news, thank you for starting this project. 

I remember that old Arma 2 sniper campaign it was a blast. I always play with ACE mods even the vanilla campaign. It adds so much realism to long range shooting. 

Take your time, don’t rush it. It takes time to create an immersive campaign. My advice is to focus not only on shooting part since sniper teams frequently provide reconnaissance and gather intel too. 

Best of luck!

• Thanks 1

**UPDATE - 23/03/19** - Sniper School Mission is completed. Taken longer then what I thought because of various things outside the world of arma. Feature's include a Unknown and Known distance range. (Don't want to give to much away.) Moving on to the main missions now will let you all know how it goes.

• Like 1

Great news, themightyfoxtrot! Anxious for this campaign, but pity please, whenever you release, could you provide mirrors to the campaign (armaholic, dropbox, gdrive or one media)? SWS mods are a lil bitchy to some users (like me - wink wink)

Cheers and many kudos!

11 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

Great news, themightyfoxtrot! Anxious for this campaign, but pity please, whenever you release, could you provide mirrors to the campaign (armaholic, dropbox, gdrive or one media)? SWS mods are a lil bitchy to some users (like me - wink wink)

Cheers and many kudos!

No worries will do!

• Like 1

So this never made it to the public? Sad... it looks actually very great!

On 5/14/2021 at 6:43 PM, Godis_1 said:

So this never made it to the public? Sad... it looks actually very great!

I forgot about this aha... I've only just logged in for the first time in forever. Life got in the way for me so I never ended up developing it!

• Sad 1