Sign in to follow this  
anaximandross

[Utility] [Release] Dynamic Structure Indexer

Hello all! SO I was recently working on a port for a popular game mode that utilizes a large number of custom positions related to static structures on the map. I got tired of manually placing the the markers, so instead I created something to do it for me! This script goes through the map you're on, and it creates dynamically named markers at the location of the desired buildings. Currently, I have the script configured to mark:

-Radio Towers

-Certain Military Buildings

-Industrial Facilities

-Certain Port components

-Airfields

Once the building is created, the script will create a marker at the location of the building. This marker is then stored in an array with a relevant title (_factoryArray, _militaryBaseArray, _portArray, _radioArray, and _airfieldArray. These arrays are stored as _markername_position.This script is very easily configurable to search for whichever building you want to find, as well as change the color of the markers (currently all set to blue), the type of marker (depends on the building type), etc. 

This mod is compatible with all Vanilla Maps, as well as the major CUP maps (I didn't add in the small maps, but they are simple to add in. Open the script and scroll to the near bottom. Simply add a case for the map name you want). All you need to do is add the script and initServer.sqf to your mission file, load it up, and you're good to go! I already configured the script to search for the specific CUP buildings, but it is possible that I missed a few. If so, please let me know, or you can also add them in the script manually. I provided comments to guide you along.

Spoiler

6f9a3b9e970db81304b9e37398ffbef2.png

Spoiler

4c7c15cf6e895498ae820d18569a94c4.png

Credits: Full credit goes to @Asaayu for doing the heavy lifting on the script! 

Permissions: Anyone is welcome to use this script, just please provide credit and/or a link back to this page. 

Download: https://github.com/Anaximandross/DynamicMapIndexer

Happy hunting!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This is nice congratulations and thanks for the release !

But why you need to define the map , since it is detecting the buiding models ?

- Note , i haven't yet check the scripts !

Ya know... I think it was how I was originally going to write it, and then I just got focused on that method and didn't think about it. Regardless, it runs once at the beginning and that's it, so its light on performance

• Like 1