Alright, so I've got a SP mission in the Eden Editor yhatta yhatta . I have the loading screen image set in general attributes as opposed to a description.ext file because I tried that already and it wasn't working. I have the path to the file set as image . paa  since that's what the name of the file is and it's right in the mission folder. I've got all the other descriptions set up but when I load in the mission it says "picture image.paa not found". I've been trying to fix this for about half an hour with no luck, any ideas?

Attributes

Mission Folder

Can't see first image very well. Try:

// description.ext
loadScreen = "image.paa"; // image.paa in root of mission folder (aka where mission.sqm is)

20 minutes ago, HazJ said:

Can't see first image very well. Try:

// description.ext
loadScreen = "image.paa"; // image.paa in root of mission folder (aka where mission.sqm is)

Well when I use description.ext nothing shows up when I load the mission, when I use the attributes everything except the picture loads.

Are you sure file extension is correct? .ext NOT .ext.txt - Also, reload whole mission then press preview. I never use in-game attributes.

yeah, I switched back to a description file, the extension is right. Although when I use a desc. files I don't get an error, it just doesn't load anything

description.ext file

ZIP and upload your PAA file. Share link.

Example:

https://files.fm/u/djjdu99x?k=0e61eb66

I am heading out, will reply later this evening if still stuck. I think you have most likely not named the file correctly. Do you have file extensions shown? To simply test, add the following to your description.ext:

#include ";

class ()

[

];

It should crash your game, lol. If it doesn't then it is most likely named .ext.txt or something else.

Out of curiosity how would I go about doing that? I'm still new to this whole mission making thing.

Not home until later this evening. Did you DL example mission? Test and compare that in the meantime.

So I compared the two files and these are the differences I noticed.
1. Yours has a second folder inside the original with the same name.

2. The actual image next to the paa file is a png while mine is a jpg.

3. Your description.ext only has the loadscreen while mine has the author description and title as well.

4. Your png file is 512x256 while my jpg is 1024x512

1. Yours has a second folder inside the original with the same name.

That is because I ZIP'd it. Drag folder out of the one that gets created when you extract it.

2. The actual image next to the paa file is a png while mine is a jpg. 

I believe JPG will work for loadScreen if I remember correctly.

3. Your description.ext only has the loadscreen while mine has the author description and title as well. 

Doesn't matter.

4. Your png file is 512x256 while my jpg is 1024x512 

Both are supported. See PAA on Wiki.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/PAA_File_Format

Your description.ext isn't even working correctly, simply because if you add some gibberish in there, it doesn't error/crash. Send me your mission folder please.

fixed it, turns out I was in the wrong mission folder, I was in the one in steamapps instead of the one in Documents, thanks for the help though.

• Haha 1

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Glad you got it sorted.

• Haha 1