stburr91

Hardcore Navy Seal Mission

This is a hardcore Navy Seal mission, it’s not for the faint of heart.

No maps, no GPS, no task markers, just instructions on where to go, and what to do. Use your compass, and get on target, on time, conduct your mission, and exfill. 

Operation Thor 

Situation,

China has just attacked a US warship in the South China Sea. The President demands a response, you are that response. 

Play as two Navy Seal teams conducting clandestine operation against the Chinese military. 

Single player, no mods required, Apex expansion is required.

I've included a separate training mission to introduce people to land, and underwater navigation without a map, and GPS.

The training mission includes one land navigation course, and one underwater navigation course.

Training mission found were.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1662917915

Seal combat Mission Operation Thor found here.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1662919707

JoxllPC.jpg

Fg10oWS.jpg

IKvydOd.jpg

6U5hKcA.jpg

epn0JJv.jpg

J11Fjgy.jpg

p6IOW2g.jpg

O2A8dbi.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I think that this will be another great SF mission !

Thank you very much for sharing and congratulations for the release stburr91 !  :thumbs-up:

• Like 1

Man, this is one of the best missions out there, I really dig it and looking forward to your next ones! Say, I usually dePBO stuff and switch uniforms and loadouts to my liking. I can't seem to find the loadouts for the paratroopers? Where's the file/trigger that gives them their loadout after the carrier briefing cutscene?

Btw I managed to sneak up to the sub, planted the tracker and got back into the  water undetected. 

Couldn't do that on the second part og the mission, though. Got into a couple of firefights there😁 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jonstyle said:

Man, this is one of the best missions out there, I really dig it and looking forward to your next ones! Say, I usually dePBO stuff and switch uniforms and loadouts to my liking. I can't seem to find the loadouts for the paratroopers? Where's the file/trigger that gives them their loadout after the carrier briefing cutscene?

Btw I managed to sneak up to the sub, planted the tracker and got back into the  water undetected. 

Couldn't do that on the second part og the mission, though. Got into a couple of firefights there😁 

Cool, nice job on the placing the tracking device.

When I was testing the paratroopers, I placed them 6000 meters in the air for their HALO jump, I forgot to put them back onto the ground. If you are in the 3D view in the editor, you'll never see them, they're 18,000 feet in the air. LoL Go to the 2D map view in the editor to see them. They are at the northern most airport on the main island. They are named pt1, and pt2, they are the units you switch to for the second operation. You can just change out their loadout as you see fit. 

I have a mission that I started a long time ago, its almost done, so I may finish it, and release it. It's a more straight forward mission compared to this one, but you may like it. You start out as a Frogman. The mission also has you switch units, and play as a Black Hornet pilot (Jets DLC is required). 

• Like 1

Nicely done again, I managed both OBJs but lost the sub and spent 30mins looking for it to no avail 😉

4 hours ago, jeza said:

Nicely done again, I managed both OBJs but lost the sub and spent 30mins looking for it to no avail 😉

Yes, if you don't get the underwater navigation right, there no hope of getting back to the SDV. You need to swim back to the bow of the target ship, and start the return underwater navigation from there. Once you get back to the SDV, you then play as a second Seal team that does an op to destroy a radar site on top of the volcano. 

If you try again, good luck.   

• Like 1

On 2/25/2019 at 5:11 PM, jonstyle said:

The next mission is coming along nicely, and if everything goes well, maybe a release this week.

Here's a little teaser pic for you.

Anti-piracy ops. 

4VZ6o6A.jpg

• Like 3

Yess! Have it out by friday evening, will you?🤭 

Can't wait!

On 3/5/2019 at 9:59 AM, jonstyle said:

Yess! Have it out by friday evening, will you?🤭 

Can't wait!

It's looking like there could be a Friday release, so you may have a new mission to play Friday night. 

Here's another pic for you.

8kVeism.jpg

• Like 3

the no map navigation is really refreshing.

i reached the destroyer's propeller shafts successfully, the 'Hold SPACE key to attach satchel' screen showed.

And that's that. i hold the space key until my thumb sores, nothing happened, the progress circle bar never move, the charge never attached to the shaft

• Thanks 1

Happened to me once. Worked all the other times. Be sure to save before you reach the propellers. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/10/2019 at 7:11 AM, stonegodspeed said:

the no map navigation is really refreshing.

i reached the destroyer's propeller shafts successfully, the 'Hold SPACE key to attach satchel' screen showed.

And that's that. i hold the space key until my thumb sores, nothing happened, the progress circle bar never move, the charge never attached to the shaft

Weird, never happened to me, and I tested the heck out of this mission.

I'll look into it, maybe add a trigger to save the game when the player gets to the back of the ship.

Anyway, I'm glad you liked the underwater navigation, I know something tedious like this isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I thought it would be an interesting way to add a little more immersion to the mission.  

I just checked the mission, I couldn't reproduce the problem with the Hold Action, it worked fine for me. I updated the mission on Steam to include a save game trigger near the back of the ship so if anyone has that problem, they can load the save, and try again. 

• Like 1