johnnyboy

Need very small explosive impact visual effect

Hi guys.  I'm working on an underwater Bang Stick.  YEAH!  BANG STICK!!! 🙂

When tip of bang stick strikes, I want to see a very small flash/fire/explosive effect about 3 inches in diameter.  How can I create this effect?  It doesn't have to create damage, i will handle that another way.  Any ideas!

Edit:  I think a weapon muzzle flash effect might be good.  How do I re-use/recreate an Arma weapon muzzle flash?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the suggestions guys.  I really don't want a big explosion, so mines and grenades are too big. 

I''m hoping I don't have to experiment with particle effects, as that is time consuming.  I'm hoping for a pre-defined particled flash effect.

A hand gun muzzle flash might be good enough.  Is there a way to re-create an in-game pistol muzzle flash effect at a position?

• Thanks 1

I can' see any emitters for your aim. Perhaps :

"test_EmptyObjectForBubbles" createVehicle position player;

but no small explosion.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Need very small explosive impact visual effect

Am I in the wrong forum?

What's wrong with a 12 gun missile battery barrage?

Since all muzzle flashes are particle effects (same as smoke and fire effects) there's most likely no way around it, unless you want to make your own stuff using custom texture objects and whatnot.

This has served me well to goof around with particle effects, easy enough and you can export those effects.

As far as I can recall you need to fix some errors that show up in the beginning but nothing ctrl+f can't handle.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1