Steven Carline

Next DLC

Dude war ships should be the next dlc... idk it may have been thought of i didn't look but i just thought of it so i thought i'd drop the idea in hopes someone important finds it.

The next DLC will be from the 3rd party project. As far as I remember, BIS only has the "Old Man" mission slated for this year (probably soon), and it'll be a free addition. Very few people are left on ArmA3 by now.

• Like 1

There's also an announced official "fairly unusual, yet sizeable Arma 3 DLC" which will "bring various bigger and smaller assets to the wider Arma 3 sandbox".

It's likely not naval warfare though. A warship would be a "bigger asset" but not really unusual, unless it means something that BI hasn't done before. Also, naval systems might require some new engine features which we presumably won't be seeing in A3's lifetime.

• Like 2

Let's start with the fact that naval warfare would require new AI routines, which are definitely not in the cards at this point. The best we can hope for is another static, maybe for OPFOR this time. However, I suspect that those new assets have something to do with civilian side of things, since that's the most under-explored aspect of the game.

• Like 1

Females character and animations...removing the constant movement/twitching and completely removing the unrealistic head bob. That is the next DLC.

👹

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dragon01 said:

The next DLC will be from the 3rd party project. As far as I remember, BIS only has the "Old Man" mission slated for this year (probably soon), and it'll be a free addition. Very few people are left on ArmA3 by now.

I believe "Old man" will only be for Apex owner.

The way I read the last update, it seemed as if BI will release a DLC of their own this year.

I haven't seen the latest data, but the number of people playing arma has been steadily dropping. It's also been pretty slow around the forums for about a year now. 

9 hours ago, Greenfist said:

There's also an announced official "fairly unusual, yet sizeable Arma 3 DLC" which will "bring various bigger and smaller assets to the wider Arma 3 sandbox".

It's likely not naval warfare though. A warship would be a "bigger asset" but not really unusual, unless it means something that BI hasn't done before. Also, naval systems might require some new engine features which we presumably won't be seeing in A3's lifetime.

Yeah, who the heck knows what "unusual" means. 

2 hours ago, dragon01 said:

Let's start with the fact that naval warfare would require new AI routines, which are definitely not in the cards at this point. The best we can hope for is another static, maybe for OPFOR this time. However, I suspect that those new assets have something to do with civilian side of things, since that's the most under-explored aspect of the game.

I wouldn't mind a carrier for OPFOR, or a NATO LHD with an interior. I don't personally care about drivable ships, static ships are fine with me. 

• Like 1

Arma3 is not capable to provide the comfortable field, for development something, because of the outdated engine. It does not reduce its value, owing to lack of a worthy alternative in the game market. But does not give prospects owing to absence an opportunity of decisions on the existing known problems.
I do not wait for something in Arma3, and I do not see sense to continue to develop something in Arma3. Hope only for release of Arma on the new engine.
I think that news about the new engine, plans and terms for release of Arma3 on the Enfusion engine are interesting to much.
The latest news about it were long ago - reported by Jay Crowe on October 21, 2016.
DayZ works at "Enfusion" quite well, but is not capable to provide the interest of the game mode for players of Arma3.
Outflow of players from Arma3 is connected with lack of the news on "Enfusion" and connected with it is the lack of prospects to receive the expected changes for Arma3.

I am sorry that the situation in many respects many looks so. ☹️

2 hours ago, lex__1 said:

Arma3 is not capable to provide the comfortable field, for development something, because of the outdated engine. It does not reduce its value, owing to lack of a worthy alternative in the game market. But does not give prospects owing to absence an opportunity of decisions on the existing known problems.
I do not wait for something in Arma3, and I do not see sense to continue to develop something in Arma3. Hope only for release of Arma on the new engine.
I think that news about the new engine, plans and terms for release of Arma3 on the Enfusion engine are interesting to much.
The latest news about it were long ago - reported by Jay Crowe on October 21, 2016.
DayZ works at "Enfusion" quite well, but is not capable to provide the interest of the game mode for players of Arma3.
Outflow of players from Arma3 is connected with lack of the news on "Enfusion" and connected with it is the lack of prospects to receive the expected changes for Arma3.

I am sorry that the situation in many respects many looks so. ☹️

The reason to release more DLC for Arma 3, is because BI has been very clear,  Arma 4 is years away. 

3 hours ago, stburr91 said:

The reason to release more DLC for Arma 3, is because BI has been very clear,  Arma 4 is years away.

It is absolutely clear. But continuation of release of DLS does not increase interest to have the known problems which are not possible for changing.
I bought DLC Tanks, and ceased to play Arma3, till that time as DLC Tanks released. It is not interesting to me to play tanks when the player of AT can have infinite rockets in a backpack. The ticket with this problem was sent before release of DLC Tanks, and till this time there are no changes.
It is only one problem as an example. There is a lot of problems, different character which players or Mods producers face. It is a lot of fatigue from problems in this game.
I play DayZ now, I am not really pleased by this game genre in such execution as made BIS, I enjoy more lack of those problems which were in Arma3, and I look at problems on which it is necessary to pay attention.

17 hours ago, stburr91 said:

Yeah, who the heck knows what "unusual" means. 

I can't help but wonder if they might bust out some previously unseen Alien Invasion content from back when that was on the drawing board.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Defunkt said:

I can't help but wonder if they might bust out some previously unseen Alien Invasion content from back when that was on the drawing board.

I sure hope not.

I have my doubts we'll get Alien Invasion content, there were quite a few people in the community that balked at the Laws for War DLC (personally I liked it). 

BI can't go after a new audience, they need content that will help retain what is left of their core community.  

4 hours ago, stburr91 said:

BI can't go after a new audience, they need content that will help retain what is left of their core community.  

Arma is now a rather broad church (a good thing IMHO) and BI have seen the most growth over the past half-dozen years from non-military uses. You might hope or want for something else but I don't know that it has much bearing on what BI actually can't or need do.

Left-over and unused assets already made seems entirely likely for this sort of fag-end release. Of course I don't know any more than the next person and it could be something entirely else, but I doubt more military assets is anybody's idea of 'unusual'.

13 minutes ago, Defunkt said:

Arma is now a rather broad church (a good thing IMHO) and BI have seen the most growth over the past half-dozen years from non-military uses. You might hope or want for something else but I don't know that it has much bearing on what BI actually can't or need do.

Left-over and unused assets already made seems entirely likely for this sort of fag-end release. Of course I don't know any more than the next person and it could be something entirely else, but I doubt more military assets is anybody's idea of 'unusual'.

First off, BI can do whatever they want. What I mean by "can't", is that they can't/aren't going to attract new players to a soon to be 6 year old game. Short of repeating the complete fluke of DayZ, there isn't going to be many new players coming to Arma 3, no matter what DLC they put out.

I agree that more military assets wouldn't be unusual, however, I find it pretty hard to believe they would go as far as to put out alien/sci-fi content. I think that would piss off the majority of their base, people they need to retain if A4 is in fact years away. 

Next DLC will be rail gun tank of course. 😆

• Like 3

On 2/21/2019 at 4:09 PM, Nichols said:

Females character and animations...removing the constant movement/twitching and completely removing the unrealistic head bob. That is the next DLC.

👹

wish

next DLC need a funny and simple MP conquest mode and a small maps, without the usual lag festival

If the next DLC has a purely multiplayer focus again, I'm probably calling it a day.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lexx said:

If the next DLC has a purely multiplayer focus again, I'm probably calling it a day.

the multiplayer pvp in arma 3 doesn't exist at least not a living diorama like in this stage.  Something funny the gameplay now is really boring

i could apreciate if they remove the black screen entering vehicles, it is so awfull and annoying!
Female characters could be a nice addition too, and adding some snow camo's and a snow map...
Than add weather effects on ground (mud, snow, puddles).

• Like 1

i would like to see a refugee story expansion, that would actually fit in the future mediterrane setting and it could be part of a war ship dlc and relate to the idap stuff.

they could make a mission in which you play a greek harbor policeman and get the command to shoot the refugees 

• Confused 1

With Contact now upon us, if there is any future dlc something like civil packs to make the world feel more alive would be nice perhaps maybe even a updated chernarus for arma 3's setting with a new CDF and opfor

• Like 2

I would like to see Horizon Islands going full circle.

I mean, I'm not sure if the whole Horizon Islands size can be fitted into ArmA, but some of the main Islands or something like that could be added, with more ships (i.e. LNG/Passenger and Small frigates, + more and bigger subs), and maybe try to put a large urban area into the Mix (given that rendering open Sea might help FPS, which in turn might help to have larger buildings with internal rooms and such).

One can dream, but at this point I've nearly seen all the stuff I wanted (Carrier Grippens, IDAP) added into the game, so throwing the idea out for whoever is reading this.

Now ... off to the Contact campaign!

• Like 1

A Takistan remake bringing takistan forces, Insurgents and ION as factions and a war correspondent (AAN) theme for the campaign....and yes you can call me a greedy bastard 😂

• Like 2

I like all the suggestions to remake (maybe expand) classic Arma content. Enterable buildings, terrain beyond existing borders and women (!!!)

However, If our wishes were ever to be granted be prepared for the numerous threads of ‘greedy’ BI ripping off the player by ‘reselling’ existing content because they have no more ‘creativity ‘.

• Like 2

Yeah most likely, but I would not give a fuck since I personally think that this is the future of Arma as a plattform....adding new content but also keeping and bringing the already existing content on the same/next level ( as far as useful) 🙂

• Like 1