CJayArrgghh

SP Campaign: Going back to do scouting/side missions?

Hello,

After many years I've finally got the time to invest into ARMA 3, so I've started with the singleplayer campaign so I can get used to controls etc, the only other milsim I've played is a few hours of ARMA 2.

My question is, I'm now up to the Signal Lost mission, which I'm assuming means I don't go back to Camp Maxwell. I didn't do any of the scouting or side missions from Camp Maxwell as I only just realised they were a thing, can I just go back and load one of the previous Camp Maxwell missions without losing my progress so I can do the scouting/side missions?

Not that I know of. You can revert to previous stages in campaign menu which deletes progress beyond selected mission. Not sure if replay mission is still a thing but that probably would not be very useful either since it likely doesn't update already completed progress.

Also, you may want to take a look at New scouting missions during "Survive" thread. There is some useful tips and info there. Beware of potential spoilers though.

The scouting missions are really only relevant for getting more gear/ammo for use in missions.

As you lose all your gear at the end of the survive chapter, it doesn't matter one bit