SwissArmy1984

Why is the 'Destroy' waypoint still NOT working?

After all the updates to Arma 3, why is the 'Destroy' waypoint still NOT functioning?

Example: in the editor, I positioned an aircraft about 15 km away from a military building (a cargo outpost).  My first waypoint for the aircraft is to fly in the direction of the target, my second waypoint for it is a DESTROY waypoint right on (i.e. you can see the circular cursor show its little arrows inwards at the building label) the target. 

Plane (an A-164 with bombs and missiles) flies in and does NOTHING.

I haven't seen this work for ages and many people OVER THE YEARS have complained.

I know that everyone will say 'you have to write a script.'  That's NOT what my complaint is about.  It's about Bohemia's incapability to make an evident feature that we should be able to use in the Eden Editor actually work.

• Like 1

Workaround: Did you place a laserTargetW (for Blue aircraft) on your building? That help.

Well not even the simple MOVE waypoint works at times..

Sadly BI has yet to fix basic issues. And I doubt they will ever be fixed. I mean I use simple move waypoints for vehicles and they get stuck going back and forth or they just stop moving for no reason. That is when they are not on roads but on valleys with no trees whatsoever. Or they work nicely but when you host a server they don't. Really irritating : \

Due to that I would have stopped creating Arma missions if it wasn't for the testing groups and whoever downloads our missions having fun and all.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, JohnKalo said:

Well not even the simple MOVE waypoint works at times..

Sadly BI has yet to fix basic issues. And I doubt they will ever be fixed. I mean I use simple move waypoints for vehicles and they get stuck going back and forth or they just stop moving for no reason. That is when they are not on roads but on valleys with no trees whatsoever. Or they work nicely but when you host a server they don't. Really irritating : \

Due to that I would have stopped creating Arma missions if it wasn't for the testing groups and whoever downloads our missions having fun and all.

Sure! you hit  point. If nothing is done for simple waypoints, the game drastically falls in interest. No need to be on MP mission for broken group movement.

• Like 1