Blackheart_Six

[MP/COOP] Combat Operations 2022

Mission-Banner-512x256.jpg

COMBAT OPERATIONS 2022

Version: FOXTROT

Combat Operations is a process undertaken by armed forces during military campaigns, major operations, battles, and engagements to facilitate the setting of objectives.

NATO vs. CSTO. The Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) has attacked, and invaded the island nation of Altis. Feeling threatened by NATO expansion in eastern Europe, the CSTO has positioned itself on NATO's southern flank. NATO has dispatched a small expeditionary task force on the USS Freedom to begin operations against CSTO, and follow on forces for a bigger campaign.  

Combat Operations 2022 is a COOP MP game with random rotating missions.Currently installed and running @ 23.235.255.218:2302

Mission List (as of 3/2022). Mission creation is continuous improvement program. Standby for addition content to come.
1. Ambush convoy
  a. APC's
  b. Tank's
  c. Artillery
  d. Truck's

2. Deliberate Attack
  a. city
  b. military base
  c. village

3. Area Defense
  a. city
  b. military base
  c. village

4. Dismounted patrol

a. Conduct a dismounted patrol of an area.

5. Conduct Raid
  a. SAM Site
  b. Supply Depot

6. Security

a. Provide logistics convoy security. Clear road blocks, or any ied's. Prevent attacks against the convoy, and don't allow all the vehicles to get destroyed.

7. Hostage Rescue
a. Rescue hostages from 4 different locations, and return them to the release point.

Features of Combat Operations 2022
- Dynamic Group Management
- Supply Drop
- Custom made missions based on US Army Doctrine
- Phonk's Furniture system
- Virtual Vehicle Depot by Roy86 from Patrol Operations 4
- T8 Units by t800a
- Dynamic Enemy Population by Fluit
- Composition Spawning by Larrow
- Earplugs
- Name tags
- USS Freedom Base with boat launch
- Numerous snippets of code by many great folks on the Arma Community Forums, and Wiki. Credits annotated in code.

SUBSCRIBE: COMBAT OPERATIONS 2022 on Steam

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Thanks, George!

Looking at your scripts, you have quite a few. I am sure I can implement some of them into "Asymmetric Warfare". It's guys like you, that make mission creation easier!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blackheart_Six said:

Looking at your scripts, you have quite a few.

Thank you very much Blackheart_Six !

Enjoy also !  :thumbs-up:

It looks like it's removed from Steam, shame, as I would have liked to of played this one. 

It will be back..... I am working on a new one. MOUT/PATROL/MARINE INTERDICTION. 

I've release ver. 2.0 on Steam. 

Added a 2nd task to patrol rural area. 

I am working on a marine interdiction mission. But that is taking longer than expected, so I want to add this version and get it out there. 

Asymmetric Warfare 2.0

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Wait until you try it before calling "Amazing"......It might disappoint... LOL J/K. I hope you enjoy it. 

I am always improving, and currently looking at SLP_spawn to replace EOS. It's a little more flexible. 

Added "Marine Interdiction" but not very satisfied with it. Issues with trigger, and "West Seize". 

Version 2.1 released

Change log:

Reworked missions

- added T8 Units for Attack and Patrol missions

- updated positioning code for better positioning of patrol mission

- expanded fire team to squad size elements

- Changed Parent Task to Operations Order, and Child Task to M.E.T.T. format. 

- Increased size of GRIDS to 100 m. 

Future Ideas

- Eliminate EOS for water mission

- Add Civilian population

- Add Dynamic Enemy Population(DEP)

- Learn to how to properly code and optimize. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

New Release: AW: Movement to Contact

Asymmetric Warfare: Movement to Contact

Movement to contact is an offensive task designed to develop the situation and establish or regain contact (ADRP 3-90). It also creates favorable conditions for subsequent tactical actions. The commander conducts a movement to contact when the enemy situation is vague or not specific enough to conduct an attack. Forces executing this task seek to make contact with the smallest friendly force feasible. A movement to contact may result in a meeting engagement.

Once contact is made with an enemy force, the commander has five options: attack, defend, bypass, delay, or withdraw. Search and attack and cordon and search are subordinate tasks of movement to contact. Chapter 2 discusses movement to contact. FM 3-90-2 discusses the approach march.

Next Mission: Asymmetric Warfare: Attack

Source: FM 3-90.1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New Release: AW: Attack

Asymmetric Warfare: Attack

An attack destroys or defeats enemy forces, seizes and secures terrain, or both. Attacks incorporate coordinated movement supported by direct and indirect fires. They may be decisive or shaping operations and hasty or deliberate, depending upon the time available for assessing the situation, planning, 
and preparing. 

However, based on METT-TC, the leader may decide to conduct an attack using only fires. An attack differs from a movement to contact because enemy main body dispositions are at least partially known, allowing the leader to achieve greater synchronization. This enables the massing effects of attacking forces combat power more effective in an attack than in a movement to contact. 

KEYS TO SUCCESS: 
1. Time Management. 
2. Maintain Lane Discipline. 
3. Maintain Speed. 
3. Maintain Fire Control. 
4. Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast.

Next Mission: Area Defense

• Like 2

New Release: AW: Attack

Asymmetric Warfare: Area Defense

A defensive task is a task conducted to defeat an enemy attack, gain time, economize forces, and develop conditions favorable for offensive or stability tasks (ADRP 3-0).

An area defense capitalizes on the strength inherent in a closely integrated defensive organization on the ground. The conduct of an area defense facilitates the consolidation and reconstitution of forces in order to transition to a focus on another element of decisive action, such as stability. The commander may assign subordinate units the task of conducting an area defense as part of their mission. Subordinate echelons defend within their assigned areas of operations (AOs) as part of the

larger-echelon’s operation.

KEYS TO SUCCESS:

1. Maintain defensive positions.

2. Use appropriate formations.

3. Position squad members to maximize fires.

4. The patients of Job.

Next Mission:

would like to try it coop, would you please provide a proper dl mirror: http/ftp (onedrive/googledrive/etc)

Hi YXman,

Just save the mission, and it will be saved to

C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\steam

You just need to de'PBO it.

I am proud to announce the release of Asymmetric Warfare 3.0!

I have revamped the original 2.1, and created a dedicated server for testing. I have 5 tasks built, and with feedback am ready to ramp up many more. I would like to get 10 to 15 randomized tasks before releasing on steam. 

Please feel free to join the server, and provide feedback to me. It is difficult to fully test without multiple players on a REAL dedicated server. Please provide feedback in this thread. I don't know MP optimization, but am learning. 

It is difficult, especially the supply room task at night. If you have ever served in the military, pulled into a bivouac site in the pitch black, you know that feeling of trying to find the TOC. 

This is NOT released on steam yet. I need to test server stuff before sending to steam. I want this to be MP/COOP. 

Server Name: Asymmetric Warfare Group

Server IP: 172.93.97.18 Port: 2302

• Like 3

Asymmetric Warfare is now "Combat Operations 2022". It is updated, and released on Steam Workshop.

• Like 1

UPDATE: Security Mission added.

Provide logistics convoy security. Clear road blocks, or any ied's. Prevent attacks against the convoy, and don't allow all the vehicles to get destroyed

• Like 1

RAID: Supply Depot

RAID: SAM Site

FIXED: Missions were not completing on hosted dedicated server.

• Thanks 1

are you going add moded version of this mission? ACE,CUP  for dedicated server with HC support? or tutorial for it how to add with mods ?

Hi Georgians,

1) ACE ... no. You should be able to plug in ace mod, and run it. I haven't used ace in quite awhile. I don't think I will try it.

2) CUP ...yes. I prefer using actual weapons systems like UH-60, hummers, etc. And I am testing CUP vs RHS. I am leaning towards CUP at this point. They are both great asset mods. But as I found out, if you are on a ship, and order CUP units to board a helicopter, they just move to a point near the helicopter, and huddle. Every action has an opposite and equal reaction.

3) HC Support, that shouldn't be too difficult to implement. I use 3 different methods for AI spawning. BIS, T8 Units, and Dynamic Enemy Population. I will have to look at that. I am sure I can figure it out. DEP has it own HC built in to the functions. My goal is to drop all the different scripts and use just BIS functions and code. That would make add HC support easier.

And of course, you are more than welcome to modified this mission as you see fit. Just make sure you credit the people works I credited. I don't care about me.

Right now I am working on a hostage rescue mission, and maybe a couple more missions. I need to step back and optimize it all. Work through AI stuff with better ratios, etc.

What I am REALLY hoping for is Arma 4 to be released, and see what that brings in mission creation.

Thanks for asking. I appreciate it.

UPDATE:

- Added new mission "Raid: Hostage Rescue".

Features:

4 different locations: Airport Terminal, IDAP Facility, Office Complex for ASTRA, Advance Security and Threat Reduction Agency, and US Embassy.

You must rescue the hostages with minimum loss of hostages, and move them to the hostage release point to complete mission. 

USEmbassy.jpg

• Like 1