jrodz73

Returning player, need help...

Hello, I originally posted in General but was advised to post here. In short, I am completely lost on how to set the game up again. Is there a how to section for returning / new players? My son had me set up years ago but he no longer plays and I'd like to get back in the grind. I currently have steam loaded with all steam mods checked and loaded, but I still get errors when trying to play boot camp and when trying to log into any server. There was an easy to use patcher years ago where you simply selected what maps/mods you wanted to load but I can't seem to find it. I'm using a new laptop so I am essentially starting from scratch again. If anyone could point me in the right direction please let me know.

Thanks

Start by trying to get vanilla arma, without mods, running.  If that works you can start with mods.  But which errors are you getting exactly? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stanhope said:

Start by trying to get vanilla arma, without mods, running.  If that works you can start with mods.  But which errors are you getting exactly? 

Thanks, I’ll start there this morning. Last night I started playing around with the workshop and subscribing to different mods, so the errors keep changing. At the moment I can get boot camp to start but no voices come through from the NPC’s. I’m going to uncheck all mods, start from vanilla as you suggested, and load required mods as I move along. 

I dropped all mods, reloaded steam / ARMA III. Boot camp / campaign are working again. I'll be in campaign and tutorials for a while before trying to join a server. Thanks again.

Maybe stating the obvious but be sure the sever is running the same mods as you (and the same versions) 

• Confused 1

On 2/20/2019 at 5:06 AM, Tobur said:

Maybe stating the obvious but be sure the sever is running the same mods as you (and the same versions) 

Thanks, I’m just playing campaign and getting familiar in tutorial on my free time. I’ve yet to join a server. 

On 2/17/2019 at 11:08 PM, jrodz73 said:

when trying to log into any server.

ok, I was reffering to this