Lebiglebowskii

Can I repeat a unitCapture?

So I made a unitcapture where a boat does a clean pickup/dropoff between a land and water base but it only plays it once and then says generic error when i try to repeat it.

QUESTION: Is there a way to repeat the action every time i set off the trigger?

Thx

So EDIT:

While below still works I’ve discovered just using

[unit_name] execVM “filename.sqf”;

gives me unlimited access to the call

——————Original shenanigans ——————-

Omgggg I FOUND THE CRAZIEST WORKAROUND 

So if original file is wp1.sqf

i just make a copy file, call it wp11.sqf and change path name in the sqf

Example:

Wp2.sqf//

wp2=[recorded data];

[car2, wp2] spawn BIS_fnc_Unitplay;

wp2.2.sqf//

wp22=[same exact recorded data];

[car2, wp22] spawn BIS_fnc_Unitplay;

Next Compile preprocess ONLY wp1.sqf for both wp1 and wp11

Ex: wp1 = compile preprocessfile "wp1.sqf"

wp11 = compile preprocessfile "wp1.sqf"

then ingame on radio trigger REFERENCE "wp11" and it lets me repeat via radio call

This is pigeon theory at its finest...

I still cant believe it

Lol

Idk how It works but im so happy....

Edited by Lebiglebowskii
Getting learnt

That is... really not what you should need to do. 

How does the script look like and what exactly is the error message?

Moderator:
Topic moved to the correct section. Also I have to remind you about the rules, especially the cross-posting rule.
Please pay attention to that in the future.

On 2/19/2019 at 1:33 PM, Dedmen said:

Moderator:
Topic moved to the correct section. Also I have to remind you about the rules, especially the cross-posting rule.
Please pay attention to that in the future.

Im so sorry this was my first post and I had no idea ai’ve taken the time now to familiarize myself

You can play the same unitCapture multiple times.  I'm sure of it.  In my Property of Mabunga mission I have a zodiac insertion sequence up a canal into the swamp on Altis, with 4 zodiacs all playing the same unitCapture data, but starting a few seconds apart.

• Like 1

Your vid for that mission is hilarious lmao love the dancing, that I havent seen!

What I was trying to do was create a point on a lake or on the beach shore where somebody could take a boat ride from one island to the other and then use it to go back as well over and over without ever actually being allowed to drive the boat

i do not trust AI for specific tasks

plus the realism of the boat always being there no matter what instead of disappearing into a fog with some hideObject action makes me happy.

And with ARMA nothing is done the way its supposed to be 

• Thanks 1

On 2/18/2019 at 8:28 AM, lexx said:

That is... really not what you should need to do. 

How does the script look like and what exactly is the error message?

Edit:

it was

rec = [] spawn ht1;

Lex its a basic unit_capture...

the script is one giant paste of numbers lol

Edited by Lebiglebowskii

29 minutes ago, Lebiglebowskii said:

What I was trying to do was create a point on a lake or on the beach shore where somebody could take a boat ride from one island to the other and then use it to go back as well over and over without ever actually being allowed to drive the boat

For that you need to record 2 paths.  One to the island, and one back.  You probably want to record your 2 starting points in variables.  After player takes the boat taxi and moves away from the boat, You need to setpos the boat into the return path start position, and flip the boat's direction so when player comes back the boat is facing correct way for path back.  Another way to do that is to sense when player is in boat, and black out screen for a few seconds and show some sort of text like "Boat taxi embarking".  While screen is blacked out you start running the unitCapture path which will flip the boat instantly to starting direction of recorded path.  Then you fade back in and boat is on its way.

There's no way to have AI driver turn boat around and position itself correctly, so you have to deal with an immersion breaking trick either way.

In that Mabunga swamp mission I had multiple paths recorded throughout the swamp, so besides player 4 boat insertion, enemy pirate patrol boats on other paths would be triggered periodically.  It all worked smoothly.