cz_bren2.png

The CZ BREN 2 assault rifle for Arma 3 used by Army of the Czech Republic and by French GIGN.

This addon contains eight variants of the CZ BREN 2 assault rifle.
CZ BREN 2 (8" length barrel)
CZ BREN 2 (11" length barrel)
CZ BREN 2 (11" length barrel) with grenade launcher CZ 805 G1
CZ BREN 2 (14" length barrel)
CZ BREN 2 (14" length barrel) with grenade launcher CZ 805 G1

CZ 807 (8" length barrel)
CZ 807 (14" length barrel)
CZ 807 (14" length barrel) with grenade launcher CZ 805 G1

The addon requires CBA for compatibility of attachments and magazines of other mods.

Download from the Steam Workshop

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

Very nice project + model , Qinetix !

Thank you very much for sharing and congratulations for the release !

• Like 1

Oh my GOD! thsi is f*cking georgeous! Thanks a lot mate for this piece of beauty.😍😍😍😍😍

• Like 1

holy heck how did I miss this?? awesome!!!!

• Like 1

Thank you, guys! I hope you will enjoy it for a long time 🙂

Check the WIP gallery HERE

• Like 4

Awesome, it even accepts CUP and RHS magazines! Thanks a lot! I'm brazilian but I'll pretend to be czech for a long time now... LOL

• Like 2

Awesome mod, the barrel looks awfully long for just 11" and 14" respectively. Is it like that on the real gun?

• Like 1

Really like this mod @Qinetix - great work!

As an observation, when using JSRS with this mod, the weapon still keeps the Vanilla sounds - suggesting you re-config-ed this from scratch. Was this for any particular reason? Inheriting the Spar16 base class might allow easier 'automatic' replacement of Vanilla sounds with JSRS (or Dynasound) alternatives if you wanted such behaviour.

• Like 2

@reconteam - I believe Qinetix has represented these correctly. Have a look at CZ's web site if you are unsure. 

They are also looking to deliver a 16" barrel 7.62x51mm Battle Rifle version at some point this year.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 5:34 AM, reconteam said:

Awesome mod, the barrel looks awfully long for just 11" and 14" respectively. Is it like that on the real gun?

Check this site, there are all barrel length variants. Take note of different scale of the rifle in every picture.

20 hours ago, Steve 161st said:

Really like this mod @Qinetix - great work!

As an observation, when using JSRS with this mod, the weapon still keeps the Vanilla sounds - suggesting you re-config-ed this from scratch. Was this for any particular reason? Inheriting the Spar16 base class might allow easier 'automatic' replacement of Vanilla sounds with JSRS (or Dynasound) alternatives if you wanted such behaviour.

I have not studied how it will work with the JSRS sound mod yet. But I guessed that if I will use a parent class name of a vanilla rifle, than it will work with the mod. Is there any chance to put something into my config or adding parent class of Spar16 is the only solution?

One very minor bug I noticed is that there is no sound when you change firing modes, the selector switch should make some sort of "click".

Qinetix do you know what the CZ military intends to use for optics on these carbines as they come into general service use? From the videos I've seen it looks like a well designed weapon, maybe I'll try to get my hands on the civilian version someday.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, reconteam said:

Qinetix do you know what the CZ military intends to use for optics on these carbines as they come into general service use?

I'm pretty sure they use the Meopta ZD-Dot rds for the most part.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, reconteam said:

One very minor bug I noticed is that there is no sound when you change firing modes, the selector switch should make some sort of "click".

Qinetix do you know what the CZ military intends to use for optics on these carbines as they come into general service use? From the videos I've seen it looks like a well designed weapon, maybe I'll try to get my hands on the civilian version someday.

Now I'm not sure if changing firing modes makes any sound in vanilla weapons, then I could fix it.

8 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

I'm pretty sure they use the Meopta ZD-Dot rds for the most part.

As wsxcgy wrote, CZ military uses Meopta ZD-Dot. It's planned to add this optics for BREN 2.

• Like 3

really nice game mesh man. my 2 cents here, besides the congrats, the model would 100% benefit from a HP normal's bake

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Qinetix said:

As wsxcgy wrote, CZ military uses Meopta ZD-Dot. It's planned to add this optics for BREN 2.

Nice to hear that. Which vanilla optic would you recommend?

Update!

ver. 1.01
- added CZ 807 8 inch variant
- added model of grenade for grenade launcher
- added reload animation of grenade launcher
- ability to use RHS gripods
- new bikey

Download from Steam Workshop

Thanks to reyhard for help with solving an issue with RHS gripods. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/25/2019 at 6:33 AM, Qinetix said:

Now I'm not sure if changing firing modes makes any sound in vanilla weapons, then I could fix it.

Normally when you switch firing modes with vanilla weapons there is a small "click" sound that corresponds with moving the selector switch. It's no big deal but apparently I have some sort of OCD about that sound.