lenny79

autopilot won't land on airport

Hi guys,

I'm having a lot of trouble with setting up an airport on my self-made terrain.

I set the waypoints according to a tutorial by Marksman, but if I get in a plane and select to land by autopilot the plane just ignores the airport, flies to the southwestern corner of the map and lands in the ocean instead.

I assumed I set something wrong, and just for testing I copy/pasted the ILS coordinates from another map into my config.cpp - these worked, but of course were not usable.

Next I figured my airstrip may be too short and was therefore ignored. So I made it longer (from about 600m to about 900m) and retried - but it still gets ignored.

I also noticed that even though I made the strip longer it still only displays a shorter marker for the airport on the map.

By now I'm out of ideas. I have almost ruined my map by trying to fix the stupid airport, and still all to no avail.

Hope some of you have some input to help me out.

Thanks!

Lenny

I assume you are inheriting from a bis terrain. If so you will have to empty the config for those secondary airports so it doesn't land there. 

Thanks for the answer.

Do I do that with this?

class SecondaryAirports {};

If so, it's already in.

BTW if it makes any difference, these are my ILS settings:

ilsPosition[] = {6188,2962};
  ilsDirection[] = {1,0.08,0};
  ilsTaxiOff[] = {6000,2891,6168,2919,6188,2942,6188,2958};
  ilsTaxiIn[] = {5704,2960,5714,2926,5824,2924,5906,2896,6000,2891};

I actually solved it ... after a week of puzzling 🙂

I was not aware that the last coordinate of TaxiOff and first coordinate of TaxiIn determine the actual length of the runway - or something along those lines.

Anyways, setting those two coords at the start and end of the runway solved the issue.

Nevertheless thanks for the help!

• Like 1