SwissArmy1984

"ArmaModeClass" - where can I find it?

On the Arma 3 Wiki page for the subject "CfgWeapons Config Reference" I went down to the alphabetical list of the different elements of a config file and found 7 references to a "Class" named "ArmaModeClass".  I went into the editor to look at the Config listing and could not find any element for the CfgWeapons listing for any weapon that referenced ArmaMode or ArmaModeClass.  Doing a search on the Wiki for "ArmaModeClass" sent me back to the same page.  There is no reference anywhere else.

Where can I find ArmaModeClass and the elements (and their values)???   I'm specifically trying to modify the values for the following (taken from the page):

min/mid/maxRange...

Class

ArmaModeClass

Type

Integer

Description

Together with range and rangeProbab values, defines probability to use this weapon for AI units at given distance.

For OFP these parameters were specified in cfgAmmo, rendering all rifles the same.

Can anyone help?

There are 0 references to it in current Arma 3 configs.

Wait...

12 hours ago, SwissArmy1984 said:

Doing a search on the Wiki for "ArmaModeClass" sent me back to the same page.

I get 0 results when I search for it. There are references to "ModeClass" on the CfgWeapons ref page.

That means the fireMod class. Look into a weapon config and the "Mode..." subclasses will be mode classes

For example arifle_Katiba_Base_F has a subclass called "Single" which inherits from "Mode_SemiAuto" that is a "mode" class.
The names of all modes that a weapon supports are in the weapons config in the "modes" array.

TokenNames    . . . .

Usage:

OFP: generally moved to Arma's cfgMagazines Class and often renamed, else simply renamed.

Arma: Introduced from OFP:E and beyond.

ModesClass: Any item marked as a ModeClass lives in a class Mode... body. It must be declared (or inherited) for each class.

MuzzleClass: Any item marked as a MuzzleClass lives in a class Muzzle... body. It must be declared (or inherited) for each class.

min/mid/maxRange…

Class: ArmaModeClass

Type: Integer

Description: Together with range and rangeProbab values, defines probability to use this weapon for AI units at given distance.

For OFP these parameters were specified in cfgAmmo, rendering all rifles the same.

1 hour ago, opusfmspol said:

Class: ArmaModeClass

That should be read as "A "Mode" class of a weapon"

Agreed.  The OFP and Arma labels were apparently intended to help clarify, but in fact make it have to be somewhat deciphered:

ModeClass: class Mode. Must be declared (or inherited) for each class.

MuzzleClass: class Muzzle. Must be declared (or inherited) for each class.

OFPModeClass: class Mode. Must be declared (or inherited) for each class.  Generally moved to Arma's cfgMagazines Class and often renamed, else simply renamed.

ArmaModeClass: class Mode. Must be declared (or inherited) for each class.  Introduced from OFP:E and beyond.

My sense is that the Wiki page is poorly written and needs a serious rewrite without the assumption that the audience are experts.

What I gather from the "min/mid/maxRange..." title plus the attempt at a description is that:

1. the data elements "minRange" and "minRangeProbab" indicate the minimum range of the weapon and the probability that an AI will use that weapon at the minimum range, respectively.

2. the data elements "midRange" and "midRangeProbab" indicate the medium range of the weapon and the probability that an AI will use that weapon UP TO the medium range, respectively.  Medium range is actually the interval between "minRange" and "midRange".

3. the data elements "maxRange" and "maxRangeProbab" indicate the maximum range of the weapon and the probability that an AI will use that weapon UP TO the maximum range, respectively.  Maximum range is actually the interval between "midRange" and "maxRange".

The Range and RangeProbab values can be enhanced by the type of optic used in combination with the weapon.  You see this when looking at the CfgWeapons data when doubleclicking on a specific weapon in Eden Editor's Tool->Config Viewer.

NB: the sub-standard Wiki and the lack of a proper, well written "Programming in SQF for Arma 3 for Dummies", which should truly be written by Bohemia with moderated input by the scripting experts out there, are a pet peev of mine.  Bohemia in my view is making a real business mistake by not supporting the modding community in a much more organized and greater extent.