Sign in to follow this  
VancouverCanada

Fall damage is inconsistent and ridiculous - silly instant deaths

I wouldn't insta die or even suffer too much of an injury if any at all from the fall deaths I've taken in this game. super super annoying. I've had incredibly silly fall deaths loosing a whole lot of loot. Not fun to play sorry. I've even died once sliding down a slope which in real life, may have resulted maybe, at most, a scrape on my bum.

oh yea, and that ladder tower thing in the game tutorial when you first play... Myself and two other friends have died going up that tower and then dying on the fall down... Before you ask why we didn't climb down, first of all, that's not a height of insta death. Secondly, we didn't climb down, because the friggin 'X' to climb down thing WOULD NOT POP UP. 

Have to agree with the inconsistency. It's possible to jump from second floor (1st floor for those across the pond) windows and balconies, but a smaller drop when moving around the general terrain results in damage. 

Also, the sound effect (groan sound) appears to be random rather than related to the size of the jump/drop, and can give you away when flanking another player.