Sign in to follow this  
VancouverCanada

Different Ammunition Types for each calibre, creating custom magazine/shotgun loads. Different Ammo System, difference between carrying bulk ammo and magazines, custom loading mags with different ammo

For Shotguns

Slug, 12-gauge, 20-gauge, 80 pellet birdshot, 6 pellet birdshot,  and definitely Flechette shells.

Higher number of pellets = more spread per distance and quicker drop in velocity..

I would like to decide how I load my shotgun before I go out to survive an encounter. You should be able to do this in your shelter, but also, enter a gun loading screen in game allowing you to single tap 'a' to load one shell of whichever you are choosing. Like, an ammunition inventory gun loading GUI. Open your inventory, and right-trigger to get to magazine/ammo loading screen. 

So you have to custom load your magazines essentially before leaving, or risk taking the time to do it in game.

Certain ammo types are more rare to find and are prized.

For bullets,  - Full Metal Jacket, Hollow Point, Tracer (useful for when playing a teammate as it shows your friend where/who you are shooting at) and more exotic ammo types like Jacketed Hollow Point... see FPSRussia 

See Hollow Point ammo gameplay thread:

players would reload magazines in the order of what they are in their inventory and there should be an ability to enter a re-organization mode, to move reload order around and also an option to load a specific magazine to disregard the inventory order. You can also have a quicker magazine selection wheel for in the moment game player by opening gun selecter wheel then changing to an ammo magazine selector for current held gun. 

Players can customize magazines to be a mixture of Full Metal Jacket and Hollow Point, or have every 5th round be a tracer. 

The player HAS to carry magazines in their inventory to be able to load a gun. They can carry both bulk ammo and magazines, but their magazines need to be loaded with the ammo. If you only bring one magazine, you will need to reload that mag with the bulk ammo you brought or found once its out. Of coarse, this will take up kit space, so players need to be smart and think about how the play and what/how much to bring and take smart shots. If they run out of full mags, they need to find a safe space to reload their mags. 

I would also like players to have an option between normal gun reload, and quick reload. Normal reload retains the magazine and the ammo that is left in it. Quick Reload dumps the mag with the ammo in it which the player loses ( or make it hard to find on the ground after).

This adds really really interesting survival elements to the game.