Stoasha Madjic

[MP/SP] CUP [Sto] CO@ 04 Ranjen01 - A balkan crime themed mission

Hey everyone,

Link first: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1645816769

After several years of less-than-successful attempts at mission making (been at it since arma 2), I finally managed to create something that offers both a unique story and perspective to play from, as well as a smooth game play experience, quirky features and a whole lot of edge. The most important thing to mention about this mission that it's made for maximum difficulty settings (no map markers etc) and it uses the CUP mods which bring ArmA 2 content (like maps, vehciles, weapons and units) back to ArmA 3.

Lowe and behold, my hard work was rewarded as the mission became the most popular upload on the ArmA 3 workshop for a couple of days. Normally i'm a little timid about sharing my work but with this great a reaction from the public i can't wait to have more people try it out and tell me how they liked it, so i can improve this mission and make sure the next 6 episodes in the series will be even more fun and exciting.

Thanks for your time and please let me know why you liked or disliked the mission

Hi Stoasha.  Welcome to the forums!  I didn't get very far, but it looks really good so far.   Here is some initial feedback. 

This is all good and makes me want to keep playing:

• I like the unique plot set up
  • Briefing very clear and well done
  • Night and snow in Chernarus sets up a nice atmosphere (and its not too dark to see which is important to me).
  • World feels lived in (well placed AI, road traffic, objects, etc.).

But a big problem for me is no Saves.  I know you state you want this to be "maximum difficulty settings", but that doesn't work for me personally.   Its a five minute or more drive to the first objective.  I would really like to be able to save before moving close.  Otherwise when I am killed I have to repeat that 5 minute drive.  I have limited time to devote to ARMA, so that is a deal breaker for me.  Please consider allowing saves, or at least including auto-saves before nearing each major objective.

Edit:  I just realized this is a Coop mission with respawn, so I restarted under MP and am enjoying it.  Will provide more feedback later.

Question:  If playing solo, is it possible to re-spawn?  If not this is too hard for one player.   If you changed the mission to Respawn To Group, then it would be friendlier to a single player (where player would command empty AI Player slots, and respawn to next live AI when killed).  Or maybe add saves when near objective and player count = 1.

Thanks again, and congratulations on releasing your first mission (as a fellow mission designer, I know you put a  lot of hard work in this!).

JBOY

• Like 1

Thanks JBoy. I listed it as SP mission as well as MP because somone asked "is it possible to play solo" and i thought "i guess, if you're good enough", but after your comments i realize that a whole bunch of things that would make it fully SP compatible and worthy of being called such aren't there yet really. As far as i'm aware saving can be done with any mission as long as it's started under the right circumstances, i'm not 100% sure about that. It's not supposed to have respawn, wether playing solo or coop, only revive (with a degree of time pressure). Also JIP is not yet fully implemented, but so far every test run i've done save the earliest couple, have resulted in quality playthroughs. If you get a chance i'd love to hear about your experience in coop with teammates. Thanks for the time you took to play the mission and respond, it's much apreciated.

Thanks for the reply.  I'm pretty sure you have saves disabled.  When in SP,  and you hit escape, the Save option is disabled.  In any other SP mission I am playing the Save option is not disabled.

It seems likely you have turned of saving using the enableSaving command in a script somewhere.  If so, it would be simple enough for you to change that to allow saves.