Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mrido

Low FPS after updating Windows 10 (1803)

Recommended Posts

[ENG] I am Russian, so I translate all the text through the translator.

I put a new RAM and SSD disk. And reinstall Windows on ssd and installed arma 3. Previously before reinstallation there were 30-60 fps. After reinstalling, I had 18 fps in the menu, and it does not change wherever I go, the drivers are all new and they are fine.

At first there was Windows 10 (1809), then they advised to install an older version since before reinstalling Windows was supposedly 1709. Now it costs Windows 10 (1803), but nothing has changed yet 18 FPS.

[RUS]

Поставил я новую ОЗУ и ССД диск.И переустановить виндовс на ссд и арму.Раньше до переустановки было 30-60 фпс.После переустановки у меня в меню уже было 18 фпс,и он не меняется куда бы я не заходил,драйвера стоят все новые и с ними все в порядке.

Сначала была виндовс 10 (1809) потом посоветовали установить более старую версию так как до переустановки виндовс была типо 1709.Сейчас стоит виндовс 10 (1803),но ничего не поменялось все так же 18 фпс.

PC

Intel core i5 3210m

Amd hd 7600m series

SSD Kingston A400 (240gb)

RAM 8gb ddr3 1600 Mhz

Windows 10 (1803)

 

I hope that you will help me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mrido

 

Hi Welcome to the forums.

 

I do not have window 10, only Windows 7. But one suggestion another user advised me was to check my RAM speed to make sure it was set correctly.

 

Goto your BIOS and check if your RAM is really at DDR3-1600 MHZ.

 

Also check your CPU to make sure it was set that the highest speed.

 

Lastly, goto the ARMA VIDEO settings and let it AUTO set the settings. Maybe it was set too high.

 

You can test this by lowering the object distance (for 3D models) as it should increase your FPS as you lower it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All settings at least. Now I noticed that if I run the game on the video processor card, then my FPS returns from 18 to 60 (but still this is not the same FPS that was before). Now I can not understand what to do next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Set your PC to performance mode and check if you can remember the video driver version number was before the upgrade.

 

Sometimes old GPU whats best with older drivers, not newer for older games. ARMA 3 is not new anymore... over 5 years old.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is in the maximum mode. The video driver tried 16.15 years. Now is a driver for 15 years, but this does not change anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kind of fixed it. Deleted the config of the arma, reinstalled the driver. In the menu 60 FPS, in the game 20. Can this be somehow corrected? It used to be 30-40 fps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try to change the size of the paging file, increase the paging file to 8192 MB and make it fixed in size - specify the initial size and maximum size of the paging file as 8192 MB or larger. Write both paging file size fields in the same way.

This will prevent fragmentation of the paging file within the file.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I put a paging file on ssd?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mrido said:

Can I put a paging file on ssd? 

By default, in Windows, the paging file has a size - as selected by the system. You can change it to any other size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mrido said:

Did not help 

What process does your work, arma3 32bit or arma3 64bit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mrido said:

64 bit

Have you changed or added RAM to your laptop? What is the marking of RAM was before and what is now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Added RAM. Before that, there was a RAM PC3L-12800S-11-11-B2 (2 GB). I wanted to add the same RAM as 2 Kingston. But did not find.

25333647.png25333648.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mrido said:

Added RAM. Before that, there was a RAM PC3L-12800S-11-11-B2 (2 GB). I wanted to add the same RAM as 2 Kingston. But did not find.

This is not a very good option - to put two RAMs from different manufacturers.
Even installing two RAMs of the same manufacturer, but different models for release, can cause some system performance problems. Manufacturers of RAM produce paired sets of RAM, which are selected at the factory, after a test of the stability of a pair of RAM, they are available for sale as a set.
To check this, you can try each RAM in turn. Try to check whether your old FPS will return, separately with each of the RAM, in turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, lex__1 said:

This is not a very good option - to put two RAMs from different manufacturers.
Even installing two RAMs of the same manufacturer, but different models for release, can cause some system performance problems. Manufacturers of RAM produce paired sets of RAM, which are selected at the factory, after a test of the stability of a pair of RAM, they are available for sale as a set.
To check this, you can try each RAM in turn. Try to check whether your old FPS will return, separately with each of the RAM, in turn.

 

I tried everything, even tried to install the old RAM, but it did not help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mrido said:

 

I tried everything, even tried to install the old RAM, but it did not help.

1. Check out that Arma3 activates the GPU Amd hd 7600m series, rather than the integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4000 CPU.

2. You need to remember how you changed the Arma3 video settings before updating the PC to get a stable FPS.
Or, if you have a previous HDD, copy the player folder "Player Name" to the new SSD, get the previous settings Arma3. The folder is in:
C \ Users \ Username \ Documents \ Arma 3 - Other Profiles \ Player Name

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 3:06 PM, lex__1 said:

1. Check out that Arma3 activates the GPU Amd hd 7600m series, rather than the integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4000 CPU.

2. You need to remember how you changed the Arma3 video settings before updating the PC to get a stable FPS.
Or, if you have a previous HDD, copy the player folder "Player Name" to the new SSD, get the previous settings Arma3. The folder is in:
C \ Users \ Username \ Documents \ Arma 3 - Other Profiles \ Player Name

I imported already old profile. But it did not help. I noticed a problem in the video card, on the integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4000 video card there are more FPS than Amd hd 7 600m. And when playing on the Intel® HD Graphics 4000 after a while, the game shuts down with a DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mrido said:

I imported already old profile. But it did not help. I noticed a problem in the video card, on the integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4000 video card there are more FPS than Amd hd 7 600m. And when playing on the Intel® HD Graphics 4000 after a while, the game shuts down with a DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED error. 

HD Graphics 4000 does not have its own VRAM. For its tasks, it uses part of the RAM.
Probably the error occurs due to a lack of VRAM.
Why hybrid system of the spirit of video cards. HD Graphics 4000 has low power consumption for saving battery power and is not designed for energy-intensive tasks.
It is difficult to say why a problem arises in a game using GPU Amd hd 7600m.
1. Check the temperature of the GPU Amd hd 7600m when the game uses it
2. Check in the power supply settings of the OS, which energy-saving parameters are set.
3. Not sure if this is your version of the problem (*), but when it was a similar solution after installing the OS:
- Install HD Graphics 4000 driver
- Turn off the PC, turn on the PC.
- Install driver Amd hd 7600m
      * Installing drivers in a different order caused problems with poor system performance even on the desktop.
4. Try different versions of Amd driver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lex__1 said:

HD Graphics 4000 does not have its own VRAM. For its tasks, it uses part of the RAM.
Probably the error occurs due to a lack of VRAM.
Why hybrid system of the spirit of video cards. HD Graphics 4000 has low power consumption for saving battery power and is not designed for energy-intensive tasks.
It is difficult to say why a problem arises in a game using GPU Amd hd 7600m.
1. Check the temperature of the GPU Amd hd 7600m when the game uses it
2. Check in the power supply settings of the OS, which energy-saving parameters are set.
3. Not sure if this is your version of the problem (*), but when it was a similar solution after installing the OS:
- Install HD Graphics 4000 driver
- Turn off the PC, turn on the PC.
- Install driver Amd hd 7600m
      * Installing drivers in a different order caused problems with poor system performance even on the desktop.
4. Try different versions of Amd driver.

Did not help 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mrido said:

Did not help 😞

If you return back to the laptop, the old HDD and RAM - you get your old FPS?
1. If so, install a new RAM and check what the FPS will be.
2. If with new RAM, FPS is good, clone partitions and data from the old HDD to SSD.
If with a new RAM, FPS has declined, to resolve the issue of choosing and replacing a good set of RAM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

If you return back to the laptop, the old HDD and RAM - you get your old FPS?

I already tried 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mrido said:

I already tried 😞

And what are the results?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lex__1 said:

И каковы результаты?

FPS is the same, but more friezes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mrido said:

FPS is the same, but more friezes.

So the problem is deeper, and appeared in the process of replacing old PC components with new ones. You must contact the service center for PC repair, to identify the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×