stburr91

Frogman's War

Play as a NATO Naval Special Operation Unit, tasked with an amphibious assault on the power plant outside of Kavala.

Mission here

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1648357446

NATO is preparing to invade the Altis mainland. You are on board a NATO submarine off the western coats of Altis, tasked with conducting diversionary operations. Your mission is to disable the power grid of Kavala to make the AAF, and CSAT believe that NATO's invasion will take place at Kavala. Team 1 will recon the approach to the beach landing. Team 2 will conduct the assault on the power plant outside of Kavala, placing a satchel charge to destroy the transformers.

Single player mission with no mods required (Arma Apex expansion required).

Credit to Von Quest for the inspiration for the diver lock out part of the mission.

iGl56tN.jpg

fC7oXvz.jpg

Diver Lock out chamber

Mh7525F.jpg

ZdMFCo9.jpg

uLCEYLr.jpg

qeNTaAe.jpg

• Like 7

Sinse it's a water mission , here is a Script -Mod if you want to check :

t4AM6fu.jpg

Thanks !

• Like 2

On 2/8/2019 at 11:22 AM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Sinse it's a water mission , here is a Script -Mod if you want to check :

t4AM6fu.jpg

Thanks !

That's pretty cool, I may have to check that out for a Navy SEALs mission I'm working on.

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2019 at 4:29 PM, stburr91 said:

I may have to check that out for a Navy SEALs mission I'm working on. 

I'll be waiting for stburr91 !

• Like 1

Awesome stuff. Your missions should get alot of attention. Love the details and near realism.

• Like 1

Great work mate, loved it! Here's my playthrough

• Like 3

19 hours ago, jonstyle said:

Awesome stuff. Your missions should get alot of attention. Love the details and near realism.

Thanks bud, a lot time, and effort goes into the missions. My goal is to create missions that are unique, with a decent amount of realism. 

3 hours ago, jeza said:

Great work mate, loved it! Here's my playthrough

Awesome playthrough Jeza, you has some decent firefights, and your exfill was exciting (you found a mine the recon team missed). Great vid, thanks for posting it. 

• Thanks 1

Hi stburr91 - great mission (again!) - really enjoyed it.

On 2/26/2019 at 6:10 PM, stburr91 said:

Thanks bud, a lot time, and effort goes into the missions. My goal is to create missions that are unique, with a decent amount of realism. 

It shows!

Here's some suggestions:

Spoiler

Briefing/ beginning;

I think using 'briefing = 0;' in the description.ext will stop the mission going to the map screen first.

Instead of a camera during the opening submarine scene, you might want to have the player be someone (like the opening scene of showcase Fighter Jets and unable to move) to make the player feel like they are there and avoid it feeling like breaking the 4th wall. At the moment the really low camera and sharp angle is a bit weird. A table with a map and other objects on it (pens, paper, radio etc.) and other kit in the background would also be good to make it look like more planning/operations have been going on. These can always be deleted afterwards if performance is an issue. The rest of the team being present would also make it feel more realistic.

There's a spelling mistake in the dialogue - 'tonight s operation' > tonight's operation

Team 1 Mission;

I love that you've included this mission - underwater stuff is so under-utilised in Arma 3 considering how hyped it was when it came out so kudos!

I think you could rotate the search area 90deg to be along the beach - at present the mines aren't really a risk to boats if they're further away and deeper.  A mix of marking the big mines you've used and disarming the floating ones might add a bit more variety.

Rather than just demining - I think this mission could be expanded to include another task (and you could see the results at the end like destroying the transformers). This could be setting demo charges on the bridge or tank obstacles. Another task might be taking a 'sediment sample' from the beach to check ground vehicles can drive on it (like D-Day)? An AAF patrol with torches or some guys chatting on the beach would be good regardless to have an actual element of risk while demining and would add to the tension if you had to collect the sediment sample.
Would it be possible to mark on the map the mines when you've disarmed them?

Team 2 Mission;

Loved the beginning - again like the briefing, you might want to make the player a person rather than a camera so they feel like they are there.

Putting the submarine further away from the coast would be more realistic, and also give a sense of difference/danger between the safety of the submarine and Altis being under occupation.

If you added AAF guys on the beach it would set the scene of this mission being risky as you'd first have to think about whether to kill them or sneak past them, as well as think about them at the end.

Loved the hidden sniper on the hill - it rewards players (like me!) who do a recce around the objective first before moving in. It was quite a surprise being 10m from him before seeing him!

End;
You don't see many cutscenes in SP scenarios anymore - it was good to see the charges blowing up and seeing the impact of your work - nice 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Callsign said:

Hi stburr91 - great mission (again!) - really enjoyed it.

It shows!

Here's some suggestions:

Reveal hidden contents

Briefing/ beginning;

I think using 'briefing = 0;' in the description.ext will stop the mission going to the map screen first.

Instead of a camera during the opening submarine scene, you might want to have the player be someone (like the opening scene of showcase Fighter Jets and unable to move) to make the player feel like they are there and avoid it feeling like breaking the 4th wall. At the moment the really low camera and sharp angle is a bit weird. A table with a map and other objects on it (pens, paper, radio etc.) and other kit in the background would also be good to make it look like more planning/operations have been going on. These can always be deleted afterwards if performance is an issue. The rest of the team being present would also make it feel more realistic.

There's a spelling mistake in the dialogue - 'tonight s operation' > tonight's operation

Team 1 Mission;

I love that you've included this mission - underwater stuff is so under-utilised in Arma 3 considering how hyped it was when it came out so kudos!

I think you could rotate the search area 90deg to be along the beach - at present the mines aren't really a risk to boats if they're further away and deeper.  A mix of marking the big mines you've used and disarming the floating ones might add a bit more variety.

Rather than just demining - I think this mission could be expanded to include another task (and you could see the results at the end like destroying the transformers). This could be setting demo charges on the bridge or tank obstacles. Another task might be taking a 'sediment sample' from the beach to check ground vehicles can drive on it (like D-Day)? An AAF patrol with torches or some guys chatting on the beach would be good regardless to have an actual element of risk while demining and would add to the tension if you had to collect the sediment sample.
Would it be possible to mark on the map the mines when you've disarmed them?

Team 2 Mission;

Loved the beginning - again like the briefing, you might want to make the player a person rather than a camera so they feel like they are there.

Putting the submarine further away from the coast would be more realistic, and also give a sense of difference/danger between the safety of the submarine and Altis being under occupation.

If you added AAF guys on the beach it would set the scene of this mission being risky as you'd first have to think about whether to kill them or sneak past them, as well as think about them at the end.

Loved the hidden sniper on the hill - it rewards players (like me!) who do a recce around the objective first before moving in. It was quite a surprise being 10m from him before seeing him!

End;
You don't see many cutscenes in SP scenarios anymore - it was good to see the charges blowing up and seeing the impact of your work - nice 😎

First, I'm glad you enjoyed the mission, I have another Seal Team mission under development right now (anti-piracy operations).

Also, this is the second mission of mine that you've taken the time to give detailed feedback. All your feedback is very good, and in fact I have implemented some of the feedback you gave for my Clear and Present Danger mission into my missions.  I can't tell you how nice it is as a mission maker to get such thoughtful feedback, thank you. 

• Like 3

This mission is amazing! Great job and attention to detail. It is specially hard when using ACE and TPW mods (sharks may show up!)

Thank you!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Riksen said:

This mission is amazing! Great job and attention to detail. It is specially hard when using ACE and TPW mods (sharks may show up!)

Thank you!

Thanks man, glad you liked it.

Sharks, awesome, that adds some complications to the op. LoL.

• Like 1