Sign in to follow this  
CaptainDawson

Can I make AI infantry stay on the static ships by limiting the area they can move in?

Hi,

We have this disableAI "Move"; and this disableAi "PATH"; as well as static ambient animations to prevent AI from moving. Is there something else I can use to allow them to walk around a little, while staying in a specified area? Can I use markers and triggers to limit AI from walking past a certain point? I need to make it so that the AI doesn't walk off the static ships, and can still actually fight.

Any help appreciated

Not that i know of.The ai freaks out given the slightest bit of freedom.

There was an addon made that made ai follow some type of waypoint on the carrier deck.I dont know the name of addon or author unfortunatly.It may be what you want.

Maybe you can use an animation where the AI walks?

Because as stated above it is true that the AI goes crazy when walking on objects. By crazy I mean let's try jumping off a cliff or a rooftop. 30 meters? Pfff ... piece of cake.

P.S. It might sound shocking but yes ... they died in both cases.  

• Like 2

Thanks for the tips guys!

For now, I'll make do with the disableAi Path mode and just give the AI some objects to crouch behind.

Thinking outside the box a bit.  I know the AI will avoid land-mines.  Could there be a way to piggy-back off that "area avoidance" mechanism?

2 hours ago, madrussian said:

Thinking outside the box a bit.  I know the AI will avoid land-mines.  Could there be a way to piggy-back off that "area avoidance" mechanism?

Interesting thought... might give that a try!