pliskin124

Only Server Host Teleporting or Hearing Sounds

7 minutes ago, beno_83au said:

Well, my previous post pointed out that remoteExec is superior to BIS_fnc_MP, then i pointed you in the direction of one of the best collection of tutorials to be found anywhere, and even gave you the page to start looking at to learn how to do what you're trying to do properly. 

The next post was advice on being more succinct when asking for help on a forum, as this thread is now bloated with information that doesn't really help the initial problem.

As for claiming I'm trolling instead of helping, like i said, there plenty of posts already out there that you could've gone through to find a solution. That being said, starting your own topic is not a problem. Filling it with constant updates and ignoring the help i attempted to provide, is. I'd say that's contributed to the lack of help you've gotten from anyone else, as these forums certainly aren't dead.....

And i don't have notifications on for this thread. Just tried to help out and got called a troll. 

The fact that you think I haven't scoured the internet for every solution already is laughable at best. I don't get enjoyment out of having to make a thread when all other avenues are exhausted. Your guide was not useful at all, as I had said in the previous post (if you had taken the time to read it in the first place) you would know that I already discovered the difference between BIS_fnc_MP and remoteExec and how useless that information was because the "superior usage" as per mission performance doesn't HELP when the mission doesn't WORK. The fact that you didn't bother to respond to the follow up question was also NOT HELPFUL. "Let me drop this useless blog post describing a function and not taking the time to actually read the problem" yeah that helps. Regardless, I have no time to argue with a troll because some of us actually have jobs so I'm not going to respond to any further whining. I will however continue to update this thread if I find a solution to my problem (likely on my own).

A word of advice, when you make a forum post trying to help someone, think about what you're actually saying and how helpful it might actually be to address the problem at hand.

And as I said previously, I have been going through and updating the thread with my responses as a guideline for any future user who comes across this thread, because nothing annoys me (more than a troll obviously) more is coming across a problem, finding a thread with the solution and the author saying "I FIXED IT!" and then not explaining how they fixed it. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pliskin124 said:

A word of advice, when you make a forum post trying to help someone, think about what you're actually saying and how helpful it might actually be to address the problem at hand.

Don't post an entire page containing of 2-3 lines of minor, already solved issues every 20 minutes, instead condense it so people can figure out at first glance what's going on.

Will most likely lead to more replies/help.

2 hours ago, pliskin124 said:

About as useful as your previous post. I am keeping a record of what I've tried, what works and doesn't work. This forum will be more useful for the people researching this problem in the future who encounter the same error I'm encountering.

This forum is clearly dead regardless, I'm the only one actually answering other peoples questions.

Instead of spending your energy to help, you decided to troll instead. I don't know why I bothered coming to the forums in the first place when the only responses I get are this kind of pretentious garbage. If it bothers you that much, turn off notifications, you didn't have to enter this thread just to whine.

This forum is far from dead, folks simply don't post every 5-15 minutes like it's some social messaging app.

Try stuff out, if extensive search engine usage and rummaging through similar topics and the wiki aren't providing a solution, then it's time to post, forum etiquette.

To have remoteExec send to all players while being local MP and dedicated server compatible simply use

[0,-2] select isDedicated

as second parameter, so it will be executed on every client except the server in dedicated environment, in locally hosted MP (where the hosting server has a player) it will be executed accordingly.

Cheers

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Don't post an entire page containing of 2-3 lines of minor, already solved issues every 20 minutes, instead condense it so people can figure out at first glance what's going on.

Will most likely lead to more replies/help.

This forum is far from dead, folks simply don't post every 5-15 minutes like it's some social messaging app.

Try stuff out, if extensive search engine usage and rummaging through similar topics and the wiki aren't providing a solution, then it's time to post, forum etiquette.

To have remoteExec send to all players while being local MP and dedicated server compatible simply use

[0,-2] select isDedicated

as second parameter, so it will be executed on every client except the server in dedicated environment, in locally hosted MP (where the hosting server has a player) it will be executed accordingly.

Cheers

Again, I had this thread up for 19 hours straight without any participation. I even did the courtesy of putting "TLDR; Sound files / Teleport script not working for other players but server host" for those who fail at reading comprehension.

Also, I already have a dedicated check running

if (isDedicated) then {

//run on dedicated server only

};

and have already experimented with the setting for clients only on the call function, neither of which fix the double audio bug.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/remoteExec

On 2/9/2019 at 4:07 PM, pliskin124 said:

neither of which fix the double audio bug.

Double audio bug? But I thought you had no sound at all and that was the problem.

if (isPlayer P1) then {
    P1 setpos getMarkerPos "CrashSite1";
};
if (!isPlayer P1) then {
    P1 setpos getMarkerPos "CrashSite1";
};

What are you trying to do here? Teleport if he is player, and also teleport if he's not. Why even check at all then?

I assume you are testing with not all player slots filled up? Some players will be nil, which will error the script.

Also, please stop the reply spam. If you solved something just update your previous post. Humans don't like reading a wall of text, you should make it as simple as possible for people to help you.

• Like 1