Sign in to follow this  
anaximandross

[MP][COOP 1-10] State of Chaos

The Island of Malden has been overwhelmed by an unknown plague, turning the local populace into mindless killing machines. Local military forces were quickly overwhelmed, leaving only a handful of survivors behind. As one of those survivors, you must quickly scavenge for resources, secure a base, and begin to clear out the island. But be careful: this is a fight for survival, and you never know who you will run into on a scavenging run. 

Current Features:
-Custom base system allows for several different custom bases around the map to be claimed
-Each base features several types of facilities that can be built, including farms, workshops, and storage units
-Globally defined food and scraps - work with your team to collect more food and scraps. Food allows you to capture new bases, while scraps allow you to build new facilities. Farms produce food, and workshops provide scrap every day.
-Custom hunter system - watch your back in the field! You may find that you aren't the only hunter in the field.
-Custom horde system - Be careful about how quickly you grow - you may find your base targeted by a horde. Hordes scale based on the number of players in the game. 
-Custom recycle bins - have too many items or weapons? Place them in a recycling bin located at each base to get some scrap back from them!
-Dynamically spawned loot - loot spawns all over the map as you travel around. The type of loot that spawns changes based on building type. Civilian buildings have limited loot, while military bases have significantly better weapons and optics. 
-Random vehicle spawns - vehicles spawn all over the map, and some will require massive repairs.
....and much more! 

This mission is my take on a PvE game mode that I'd like to continue to grow and work on. The goal if this is to work together, not against. I may eventually make a PvP version, but currently I'm going to focus on this. There will be bugs! Please report them below, and I'll do my best to fix them. 

Planned Features: 
-Recycling vehicles for scrap
-More AI Missions 
-Production of weapons and ammo at small workshops
-Production of base items at large workshops (No idea if this is possible).
-Dialogs (GUI) for better base interaction
-Reworked vehicle spawn system
-More base facilities
-Server persistence
- and whatever else i can come up with!

Required Mods:

-ACE

-ACEX

-RHS ACE Compats

-RHS AFRF

-RHS USAF

DOWNLOADS: 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1646860085

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PrE26tGB273tVYnjWETWTd369ucY7mi0

Please, feel free to request features below!

THIS MISSION IS DESIGNED AROUND MULTIPLAYER. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A SERVER, THAT IS OK, JUST HOST IT AS A LAN MISSION ON THE MULTIPLAYER MENU! THIS MISSION WILL NOT WORK IN SINGLEPLAYER!!!!

Finally, if you'd like to collaborate on this, shoot me a message, or leave a response below. I'm currently working alone, and would love some help!

Credits:

Loot spawner: Full credits go to: Ed! (404Forums) and [GoT] JoSchaap (GoT2DayZ.nl) for the loot spawning

Dynamix AI Spawns: Full credit goes to @X Pro Octane for his Dynamix script, which can be found here.

Finally, I'd like to say thank you to all of the forums users that have helped me with my scripts! 

• Like 2

Some nice ideas within this mission, I think the recycle bins are a touch of genius, especially in survival scenario where one can acquire a whole load of unnecessary junk while scavenging.

I only wish this was compatible with Ravage, I'm not so much a fan of Zombies and Demons.

Thanks for sharing. :rthumb:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, EO said:

Some nice ideas within this mission, I think the recycle bins are a touch of genius, especially in survival scenario where one can acquire a whole load of unnecessary junk while scavenging.

I only wish this was compatible with Ravage, I'm not so much a fan of Zombies and Demons.

Thanks for sharing. :rthumb:

It seems that some people have been issues with Zombies and Demons lately, so I'm definitely going to look into some other mods. Thankfully this was set up in such a way that it will be fairly easy for me to switch the content out. And thanks! I remember playing Overpoch and I used to LOVE the idea of going out and picking up weapons and then taking them back and selling them. This, to me, just adds purpose to scavenging and keeping what you find. I'm planning on adding in a vehicle scrapping script as well, but I was having a little more trouble with that.

36 minutes ago, EO said:

I'm actually going to work on integrating this next. Ravage actually overhauls many of the key systems that I wanted to fix anyway, such as zombie spawns and vehicles spawns. Thanks for the tip! 

• Like 1

Yep, Z@D hasn't been updated in quite a while now, whereas Haleks keeps Ravage in tip-top shape!

Definitely keeping my eye on this now. :f:

It'll probably take me a week or two to get it converted over, but it should be doable! Hardest thing for me is saying goodbye to my beloved Ace 😔

On 2/7/2019 at 11:35 AM, EO said:

Yep, Z@D hasn't been updated in quite a while now, whereas Haleks keeps Ravage in tip-top shape!

Definitely keeping my eye on this now. :f:

I have delivered in a time frame faster than anticipated! 

• Like 1