Sign in to follow this  
necronaught

Mod Launcher/Manager?

Can anyone recommend a mod manager that doesn't use Steam Workshop? I have Arma 3 on my desktop and laptop SSD. the laptop doesn't have space to download any mods and would rather keep it vanilla. We all know how ridiculous the lack of control you get for Steam workshop. A3 Launcher is really good but I can't use it. Is there an alternative that downloads from Armaholic and uses the good 'ole OFP shortcut technique?

Can't you just use the vanilla launcher that comes with the game? It'll recognise non-steam workshop mods, and you can then just add certain/all mods to different mod packs and run them easily without the need to manually set -mod= shortcut parameters for all your mod sets. 

I have been modding ARMA 3 since launch day and I can tell you that BI's launcher is the best by a huge margin. At this point, it may be the only one too. I think PlayWithSix is now unsupported. 

The steam workshop gives you just as much control as any other mod manager. It also automatically installs, uninstalls, and updates mods. It is arguably the best mod manager ever made. You can control the location of downloads from the Worskhop by changing your Steam primary install location. Workshop content is stored there. 

On 2/6/2019 at 7:42 PM, beno_83au said:

Can't you just use the vanilla launcher that comes with the game? It'll recognise non-steam workshop mods, and you can then just add certain/all mods to different mod packs and run them easily without the need to manually set -mod= shortcut parameters for all your mod sets. 

like, he just literally said that he CAN'T use it in the first message. Why did u ask something that he already answered previously?

49 minutes ago, General_Furry said:

like, he just literally said that he CAN'T use it in the first message. Why did u ask something that he already answered previously?

Like, you just replied to a nearly three-year-old post. And he said he can't use A3 Launcher, which is a third-party application, not the native launcher. 

• Thanks 1

@Harzach is the hero i didn't know i needed until today. 

But as he said, https://a3launcher.com/ is a thing. So consider yourself informed @General_Furry, as necro'ing a suitably answered question just to go off half-cocked is probably not the greatest of first impressions. 

• Haha 2