Pyrit.

Get to Know - Martin Hyrš - Scripter

DyuiJTLWoAAsge_.thumb.jpeg.3f03af4642199125c99be5f558f04715.jpeg

▶ What do you do on Vigor?

I work as a scripter, I am bringing things to life and I really love being the first person who sees the new feature working. I spent most of my time on Vigor working on the UI, so if you see how it changes and opens new dialogs while you’re focusing or clicking elements eg. in shelter builder or while crafting new equipment, it was probably my work. Or level map and interaction dots during an encounter.

▶What is your contribution to the Vigor Team?

I am great at improvising, which is extremely useful for creating prototypes or solving unsolvable issues.

▶What do you like about Vigor?

How it looks like. I feel like I'm in real-world Norway at some locations.

That feeling of absolute happiness when you finally loot four nails for your next shelter improvement.

▶What do you want to see in Vigor?

More crazy stuff. I hope that there will be some Halloween or Christmas special update.

▶What do you do when you are not making Vigor?

Finishing my Ph.D. studies. The last phase of writing the thesis is extremely demotivational 😞

In the rest of time – skiing or bike riding (depending on the season), playing chess and reading books. And folding origami!

▶Did game dev change your view on the games and how?

Sometimes I am surprised, how long it can take to make some tiny change. Big features are time-consuming, of course. Many small tweaks are really simple. And time after time the tiny change appears and ruins almost everything.

▶Your favorite games and why?

I’ve grown up on small free games, especially puzzles. But the number one for me is Liero. I love those pixel-art fountains of blood and monitor-shaking explosions.

▶What's your favorite music, movie, show, book and why?

Favourite book? It is difficult to select only one, or two, or a couple of them. Stories about Sherlock Holmes, Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami, books by Jules Verne etc.

Folk & Country, it is an easy question for me.

Movies about people's inside heaven with some portion of humor: “The Shawshank Redemption”, “Dobří holubi se vracejí”.

Show: M*A*S*H. Did you know that the final episode was the most watched series finale ever?

And using Rasťo‘s new category I want to say that Garfield and his „love“ for mondays is so inspiring 🙂

▶Is there something that you want to say to our community?

Do not ask me fora fishing minigame, you will get this one 😄

Fishing-game-toys-electronic-fishing-game-Novelty-items-with-music-Educational-toys-sets.jpg

▶You are an Outlander; humanity has fallen. What would you do?

Step 1: Find some sharp stone.

Step 2: Go to the library and get the book The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne.

Step 3: Start building new industry according to manual obtained in step 2.

Bonus Question (From Rastislav  )

▶What would be your ideal vacation?

First week doing literally nothing. Then spend my time at the sea and in the mountains. Croatia provides both. Swimming. Exploring wild nature, abandoned monasteries, small old villages... Drinking wine and prošek (dalmatian sweet dessert wine). And manually crafting something strange, eg. life-size sailboat from wine corks.