Hham

3 kill threat status

I like the idea of marking someone killing everyone, but maybe not the whole match? Maybe they get the pulsing mark for 30sec-1min. and then every kill after that they get marked again. This would rotate the danger and challenge. the person who wants to avoid the threat will feel scared again not knowing where the threat is anymore. The person pursuing has to move quick to find them before the mark goes away instead of just staring at the map and ambushing the threat. 

Have to say that I like the permanent tag. It makes the tagged player more careful as whoever's left can pick up lots of loot by taking him/her out.

Most tagged people just leave the game unless they just don't care if they die. I'm afraid to get three kills. It doesn't make the threat have to be more careful it makes them too easy. If the tag lasted a minute, anyone who wanted to go after them could easily run across map for them. The threat would have to be careful for a long time and then could keep playing instead of a permanent disadvantage and just have to leave. I've been the threat early on by chance and I had to leave. There's no way o can go for the care package or barred house if I'm marked for the rest of the game. It feels like a punishment for getting kills. You can't even effectivley loot when you're tagged. Everyone has a huge ambush advantage that there is no counter measure for. It forces you to leave the game. 

On reflection, yes it does seem to be a punishment as Hham comments. Whilst it's good to know, maybe a time limited of intermittent tag.

I immediately head to the area where the tag appeared. The threat can't carry the weapons of his last kill, so if I have space I go and see what he's left behind. Can be very beneficial.

Yeah not sure why a player should be punished for owning everyone. 

Maybe it shouldn't be such an exact marker, but more a bigger red circle (like the green drop zone but smaller) that follows the player around. That way if someone wants to challenge this player, they have to go hunting within the red circle, but they don't know exactly where the player is.