Hham

Current weapon issues

Mosin Nagant fires before the sound of the bolt is finished cycling; also as it takes the whole 5 shots to the chest to kill, and the fire rate is so slow with high sway, it's currently pointless to use. Maybe 2-3 shots to kill as a fix?

Or two mosin nagants. The shorter carbine with less iron sight sway but much slower muzzle velocity/damage(still not 5 shots), and the 91/30 long barrel with a scope and higher muzzle velocity/damage. The longer version could also affect player fatigue which I will address lower down. 

Sks is a semi auto and should have the same fire rate or close to an m1 but it fires the same rate as the mosin.

The 44 magnum has a second cylinder in the handle of the weapon

the Suomi has a bolt like the mosin behind the receiver. 

As much as I love the ppsh, it's over powered. There's not much reason to use anything else. Fast fire rate, low recoil, good iron sights, high muzzle velocity, large capacity. There are other guns just as powerful or more, but the magazine capacity alone negates other weapons. 

There needs to be more factors to consider when choosing weapons as a player. For example blind fire spread. Some weapons that do less damage with slow muzzle velocity could have much tighter blind fire spread for super up close fights. Also bigger more powerful weapons could slow the character down or use up stamina faster. As an incentive to carry smaller weapons. I have been enjoying this game even in its current state more than any other game I own (cough suck it pubg cough). I like the hardcore immersive direction you are taking things. I don't want it to get repetitive by there being obvious best weapon choices so having more factors to consider adds variety. Like being able to put a bayonet on certain weapons making the melee do more damage. 

Shotguns are hard in games because they are either too powerful or too weak. I think they need a tighter pellet spread maybe more damage? But less range. If it's point blank it should be a kill. Damage drop off at range should be quick though. Very slow reload times for shotguns is another good balancing tool. 

Bipods on weapons should have an effect on sway when prone. I'm sure that's the plan eventually or why would you have put bipods on there. 

Theres currently no way to test knife damage. Do the different knives do more/less damage, or is it purely for looks?

I've heard you want to introduce breath hold on weapons so I won't bring that up as I know you are aware. 

I like ADS better that controlled hip fire. Every time I switch weapons the default is hip fire. It has gotten me killed. It should remember what you set it too last. Also when you first join a game your weapons should be topped off on ammo instead of having to reload to get that one extra round. 

I see it mentioned a lot that weapons stop firing. There is currently an issue where the firing animation stops but the actual firing. If you continue to hold auto fire down you will see your ammo count go down and can still get the kill. If anything this bug helps as the recoil stops and your weapon become a laser beam. 

A weak pistol with a silencer would be a popular addition to the special issue weapons. One shot headshot of course but ten body shots or so. 

Hope this helps devs! Keep up the good work!