Hello, everyone. I need a script that gives a PC/tablet/laptop the ability to get used in game. I played such a campaign - Underdogs. I was able to switch on PC and the option was called the same way. The other options were: pull monitor cable from PC, Insert USB stick into PC etc. The task was to use the PC and download data using USB. After a minute or so I was able to "pull out" the USB stick and the task was completed. What can I do about this? I guess I have to use this addAction or something like it, which would show me the possible commands, but I also need the other following actions (scripts) for activation. And one more thing - when the PC was activated via the option, a screen building was shown on the display. Another one showed up after inserting the USB stick. So, this is somehow connected to: this setobjecttextureglobal [o, "..."] - which is used to put textures/pictures on a custom screen, that can be named and you can use the name instead of "this". Thanks in advance. Cheers.

// begin advertisement
My mod includes a usable tablet:
https://mrhmilsimtools-arma3-mod.wikia.com/wiki/Soldier_PDA_use_and_framework_guide

and a hacking / data downloading tool
https://mrhmilsimtools-arma3-mod.wikia.com/wiki/Hacking_tool_guide_and_framework

if you're interested
// end advertisement 😉

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Mr H. said:

// begin advertisement
https://mrhmilsimtools-arma3-mod.wikia.com/wiki/Soldier_PDA_use_and_framework_guide

https://mrhmilsimtools-arma3-mod.wikia.com/wiki/Hacking_tool_guide_and_framework

if you're interested
// end advertisement 😉

You should have this kind of info in your sig. 😁

• Like 2

You can simulate this yourself using AddAction for each action you want (turn on, log in, launch browser, etc.).  In the code executed by each action, you can show a screenshot .jpg to simulate the action, like this:

screen1 setObjectTexture [0,"JBOY\Textures\LoginScreen.jpg"];

If you want user to type values into screen, you will need some sort of dialogue for accepting user input, and modifying displayed screen (show new .jpgs) accordingly.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mr H. said:

// begin advertisement

if you're interested
// end advertisement 😉

Thanks a lot for the advertisement, dude. 🙂 I'm going to use it one day cause right now I am working on 2 different scenarios and I'm really confused which one should be priority. But I do promise I will definitely take a very closer look at this project of yours and use it! I love your satellite mod though and I've used it already in a campaign. 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

You can simulate this yourself using AddAction for each action you want (turn on, log in, launch browser, etc.).  In the code executed by each action, you can show a screenshot .jpg to simulate the action, like this:

screen1 setObjectTexture [0,"JBOY\Textures\LoginScreen.jpg"];

If you want user to type values into screen, you will need some sort of dialogue for accepting user input, and modifying displayed screen (show new .jpgs) accordingly.

To be completely honest: I still not fully understand everything. I am not so new to scripting and I know how to attach a command to an object, that shows what could be done with this object. But is this script going to help me complete the task when I 1) have the screen pictures set up with 2) the appropriate commands attached to them (or in my case: 2) comes first)? What condition shall I use for completing the task (to use the USB stick and download data)? And one more thing - another note appears on the screen after some seconds - that I must pull out the USB stick, which automatically switches back the PC to its first home screen. And AFTER this I am given the option to switch off the PC. I know it sounds complicated, but it must be just a couple of scripts. Cheers! 🙂

On 2/3/2019 at 6:58 PM, major-stiffy said:

You should have this kind of info in your sig. 😁

Guys !

Noob question !

What and where is sig exacly ?

Is it about the profile information ?

Thanks !  :dummy:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, major-stiffy said:

Signature, like what you see at the bottom of pierremgi posts. 😎

Basically i don't see anything. might be disabled from somewhere ?

6 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Ok i found it !   🙈🙉🙊

😄 OK.

Guys, noob question.

Please, help me with the BIS code. How should it look like? I tried, it didn't work. Cheers.

2 minutes ago, black_hawk_mw2_87 said:

😄 OK.

Guys, noob question.

Please, help me with the BIS code. How should it look like? I tried, it didn't work. Cheers.

What did you try? The Bis_fnc_holdActionAdd ? Where is your trial?

Just now, pierremgi said:

What did you try? The Bis_fnc_holdActionAdd ? Where is your trial?

I directly tried the code from the BIS site - in ini.sqf/ init of the PC and even in a trigger. Every attempt lead to errors.

14 minutes ago, black_hawk_mw2_87 said:

I directly tried the code from the BIS site - in ini.sqf/ init of the PC and even in a trigger. Every attempt lead to errors.

Sure!

5 hours ago, black_hawk_mw2_87 said:

OK, would you help me with the code? 🙂

Which code? If I read the whole topic, there is no line of code from you. How to debug something here?