DanSteph

[WIP] Scenario for Unsung - Copyrighted music How ?

Hi all,

p1j4SLY.jpg

I'm making a scenario for Unsung mod on Prei map and have included three musics from Vietnam era like "Fortunate Son" and "boonie Rats".

I tried to get the authorization for publication but it's not about hundred $ but thousand $$$ and very long delay.

Now my question:

-If I publish on steam without the music, would a download link with the "music pack" available "separately" be possible ?

The ingress run on AI heli was recorded, the base look great, the music add a great touch and copyright free songs aren't as great as those I mentioned (or I didn't found great one)

Much thanks for any advice.

Sharing copyrighted music in any way is a violation of the authors rights and they can basically sue you for the skin of your back for such. Find something similar but free is my advice.

Last time I played with unsung they had a bunch of era-appropriate songs in the mod that could play from helicopters (swear they even had fortunate son) seeing as you have that as a requirement why not just call those songs in your script? just have to find out the location in the mod

I used once some tracks of the full metal Jacket movie made a vid using it also with a Hendrix tune. The video got muted and the sound removed. Luckily nothing else happened.  I made once my own soundtrack for my "Hammer of Thor" campaign for Arma 2 just to avoid having problems with the copyright issues. I uploaded it onto Armaholic for free use but it's nothing related to the Vietnam era the sounds are to modern in my opinion, But maybe you can use it for modern time missions in case you are working on any.

cheers

I may be wrong but fortunate son is free to use according to YouTube audio library. Any royalties go elsewhere but videos won’t be muted.

I used it myself years ago with no problems and checked it again about a month ago.

Other Creedance Songs aren’t as open though