Jump to content
snkman

Tactical Combat Link - TypeX

Recommended Posts

Guys - I've set "TCL_System set [6, 0];" but the AI is still horribly bad. They aquire targets very slowly and barely hit me. So I'm pretty sure im doing something wrong ...

22 hours ago, DeckardKain said:

Where do I put the -filePatching -mod=@TCL ? The ReadMe doesnt really explain where to write that command in.

 

I really want this mod to work... this has been my best Arma 3 Singleplayer experience ever if it wasnt for the bad AI.

 

Can I combine this with CF_BAI ? Maybe this would make things better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DeckardKain said:

Can I combine this with CF_BAI ? Maybe this would make things better.

definitely, if your cpu can handle it ofcourse..  because the spotting feature has a lot of performance impact , speaking about the accuracy and slowliness of the Ai is actually due to the arma 3 movement animations and their speed that are set, and have nothing to do with the Ai system, after long years of testing i found that the A2 animations fixed most of these issues like the robotic movements or reaction speed in CQB i was surprised that the Ai will no longer shoot the ground or off shooting a target with rocket launchers and such ,also be sure that the accuracy in the game difficulty options is set to 0.80 or higher /0.80 is the most realistic value i think ,about the A2 animations there are some mods there that ports them over.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2020 at 1:05 PM, AirShark said:

definitely, if your cpu can handle it ofcourse..  because the spotting feature has a lot of performance impact , speaking about the accuracy and slowliness of the Ai is actually due to the arma 3 movement animations and their speed that are set, and have nothing to do with the Ai system, after long years of testing i found that the A2 animations fixed most of these issues like the robotic movements or reaction speed in CQB i was surprised that the Ai will no longer shoot the ground or off shooting a target with rocket launchers and such ,also be sure that the accuracy in the game difficulty options is set to 0.80 or higher /0.80 is the most realistic value i think ,about the A2 animations there are some mods there that ports them over.

 

Thanks for the answer - Ill try with CF_BAI - although I have to say a lot of stuff already got fixed by pumping up the AI advanced skill settings. Shouldve tried that before I totally forgot about that. 

 

What a great mod.. really. Crazy how long I dodged the mod just because its not on the workshop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone figured out why sometimes the AI would take over the player and throw smoke grenades or command the team/squad to do things without the player putting in orders beforehand? I still have no idea why this happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, steam-76561198020733662 said:

Has anyone figured out why sometimes the AI would take over the player and throw smoke grenades or command the team/squad to do things without the player putting in orders beforehand? I still have no idea why this happens.

 

Seems you asked this before and it happens with playable units right? Havent seen the snkman round these parts in a long time so dont think its still supported

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

 

Seems you asked this before and it happens with playable units right? Havent seen the snkman round these parts in a long time so dont think its still supported

Ah I see, that's unfortunate. Yeah it happens whenever I'm in the editor and using Zeus when I take over a unit. I've tried putting down a squad with me as the leader vs enemy squad in editor with no Zeus and it seems to work fine then. I guess it's just a Zeus issue sadly which kinda sucks because I use it a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2020 at 1:05 PM, AirShark said:

definitely, if your cpu can handle it ofcourse..  because the spotting feature has a lot of performance impact , speaking about the accuracy and slowliness of the Ai is actually due to the arma 3 movement animations and their speed that are set, and have nothing to do with the Ai system, after long years of testing i found that the A2 animations fixed most of these issues like the robotic movements or reaction speed in CQB i was surprised that the Ai will no longer shoot the ground or off shooting a target with rocket launchers and such ,also be sure that the accuracy in the game difficulty options is set to 0.80 or higher /0.80 is the most realistic value i think ,about the A2 animations there are some mods there that ports them over.

also another question...

 

you said to set the game difficuilty options to 0.8.

 

I always thought that the mods basically overwrite the game settings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DeckardKain said:

also another question...

 

you said to set the game difficuilty options to 0.8.

 

I always thought that the mods basically overwrite the game settings?

me either i thought that there are custom values for Ai skills applied with most ai mods that overwrites the game skills setting, but i think that the one in the game option is the overall while mods changes the specific skills like spot time, courage, reload speed...etc i could be wrong though, however the value in the difficulty option is always an effective factor.

 

 

18 hours ago, steam-76561198020733662 said:

Has anyone figured out why sometimes the AI would take over the player and throw smoke grenades or command the team/squad to do things without the player putting in orders beforehand? I still have no idea why this happens.

it happens with many ai mods not tcl in particular...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AirShark said:

 

it happens with many ai mods not tcl in particular...

Hmm...weird. This is the first time this has ever happened to me with an ai mod. Well if that's the case I'll just deal with it, it's still a great mod anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,

I'm a little confused, I've downloaded the TCL mod from the Steam Workshop and loaded it via the mod menu on the Arma launcher....is that all I need to do to get it working? I had a look at the GITHUB and it was a little confusing as to how to get it working.

 

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tydansie said:

Hey guys,

I'm a little confused, I've downloaded the TCL mod from the Steam Workshop and loaded it via the mod menu on the Arma launcher....is that all I need to do to get it working? I had a look at the GITHUB and it was a little confusing as to how to get it working.

 

Thanks in advance.

Steam Workshop ?
i dont think that the author has uploaded this to the workshop...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AirShark said:

Steam Workshop ?
i dont think that the author has uploaded this to the workshop...

 

 

As usual, someone put an unauthorized copy on the SWS anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2021 at 4:24 AM, scimitar said:

As usual, someone put an unauthorized copy on the SWS anyway

Why isnt the Author putting his mod on the workshop anyway? I'ts probably one of the best AI mods out there. Kind of a waste not to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2021 at 5:20 PM, kremator said:

He doesn't have to do anything ... he owes us nothing !

Lol relax. Never said that wtf...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys I got a little problem here. I'm trying to let an AI Helicopter pick up an AI squad and Transport them to an area. Anytime I start the mission, the Helicopter just straight up flys away. I'm guessing this has to do with the reinforcement mechanic, since the Heli does not do this on a freshly started mission without any enemy contact.

 

if I type this setVariable ["TCL_Disabled", True] into the INIT, the helicopter just hovers exactly over the "load" waypoint but doesnt actually come down to pick the guys up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×