snkman

Tactical Combat Link - TypeX

Guys - I've set "TCL_System set [6, 0];" but the AI is still horribly bad. They aquire targets very slowly and barely hit me. So I'm pretty sure im doing something wrong ...

22 hours ago, DeckardKain said:

Where do I put the -filePatching -mod=@TCL ? The ReadMe doesnt really explain where to write that command in.

I really want this mod to work... this has been my best Arma 3 Singleplayer experience ever if it wasnt for the bad AI.

Can I combine this with CF_BAI ? Maybe this would make things better.

16 hours ago, DeckardKain said:

Can I combine this with CF_BAI ? Maybe this would make things better.

definitely, if your cpu can handle it ofcourse..  because the spotting feature has a lot of performance impact , speaking about the accuracy and slowliness of the Ai is actually due to the arma 3 movement animations and their speed that are set, and have nothing to do with the Ai system, after long years of testing i found that the A2 animations fixed most of these issues like the robotic movements or reaction speed in CQB i was surprised that the Ai will no longer shoot the ground or off shooting a target with rocket launchers and such ,also be sure that the accuracy in the game difficulty options is set to 0.80 or higher /0.80 is the most realistic value i think ,about the A2 animations there are some mods there that ports them over.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 1:05 PM, AirShark said:

definitely, if your cpu can handle it ofcourse..  because the spotting feature has a lot of performance impact , speaking about the accuracy and slowliness of the Ai is actually due to the arma 3 movement animations and their speed that are set, and have nothing to do with the Ai system, after long years of testing i found that the A2 animations fixed most of these issues like the robotic movements or reaction speed in CQB i was surprised that the Ai will no longer shoot the ground or off shooting a target with rocket launchers and such ,also be sure that the accuracy in the game difficulty options is set to 0.80 or higher /0.80 is the most realistic value i think ,about the A2 animations there are some mods there that ports them over.

Thanks for the answer - Ill try with CF_BAI - although I have to say a lot of stuff already got fixed by pumping up the AI advanced skill settings. Shouldve tried that before I totally forgot about that. 

What a great mod.. really. Crazy how long I dodged the mod just because its not on the workshop.

Has anyone figured out why sometimes the AI would take over the player and throw smoke grenades or command the team/squad to do things without the player putting in orders beforehand? I still have no idea why this happens.

4 hours ago, steam-76561198020733662 said:

Has anyone figured out why sometimes the AI would take over the player and throw smoke grenades or command the team/squad to do things without the player putting in orders beforehand? I still have no idea why this happens.

Seems you asked this before and it happens with playable units right? Havent seen the snkman round these parts in a long time so dont think its still supported

42 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Seems you asked this before and it happens with playable units right? Havent seen the snkman round these parts in a long time so dont think its still supported

Ah I see, that's unfortunate. Yeah it happens whenever I'm in the editor and using Zeus when I take over a unit. I've tried putting down a squad with me as the leader vs enemy squad in editor with no Zeus and it seems to work fine then. I guess it's just a Zeus issue sadly which kinda sucks because I use it a lot.

On 12/30/2020 at 1:05 PM, AirShark said:

also another question...

you said to set the game difficuilty options to 0.8.

I always thought that the mods basically overwrite the game settings?

22 minutes ago, DeckardKain said:

also another question...

you said to set the game difficuilty options to 0.8.

I always thought that the mods basically overwrite the game settings?

me either i thought that there are custom values for Ai skills applied with most ai mods that overwrites the game skills setting, but i think that the one in the game option is the overall while mods changes the specific skills like spot time, courage, reload speed...etc i could be wrong though, however the value in the difficulty option is always an effective factor.

18 hours ago, steam-76561198020733662 said:

it happens with many ai mods not tcl in particular...

2 hours ago, AirShark said:

it happens with many ai mods not tcl in particular...

Hmm...weird. This is the first time this has ever happened to me with an ai mod. Well if that's the case I'll just deal with it, it's still a great mod anyways.

Hey guys,

I'm a little confused, I've downloaded the TCL mod from the Steam Workshop and loaded it via the mod menu on the Arma launcher....is that all I need to do to get it working? I had a look at the GITHUB and it was a little confusing as to how to get it working.

Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, tydansie said:

Hey guys,

I'm a little confused, I've downloaded the TCL mod from the Steam Workshop and loaded it via the mod menu on the Arma launcher....is that all I need to do to get it working? I had a look at the GITHUB and it was a little confusing as to how to get it working.

Thanks in advance.

Steam Workshop ?
i dont think that the author has uploaded this to the workshop...

16 hours ago, AirShark said:

Steam Workshop ?
i dont think that the author has uploaded this to the workshop...

As usual, someone put an unauthorized copy on the SWS anyway.

On 1/6/2021 at 4:24 AM, scimitar said:

As usual, someone put an unauthorized copy on the SWS anyway

Why isnt the Author putting his mod on the workshop anyway? I'ts probably one of the best AI mods out there. Kind of a waste not to do so.

On 1/10/2021 at 5:20 PM, kremator said:

He doesn't have to do anything ... he owes us nothing !

Lol relax. Never said that wtf...

Hey guys I got a little problem here. I'm trying to let an AI Helicopter pick up an AI squad and Transport them to an area. Anytime I start the mission, the Helicopter just straight up flys away. I'm guessing this has to do with the reinforcement mechanic, since the Heli does not do this on a freshly started mission without any enemy contact.

if I type this setVariable ["TCL_Disabled", True] into the INIT, the helicopter just hovers exactly over the "load" waypoint but doesnt actually come down to pick the guys up...

Has anyone came across this problem while playing  S.O.G

aZ5HLek.png

1 hour ago, J0K3R 5 said:

Has anyone came across this problem while playing  S.O.G

aZ5HLek.png

Not in S.O.G, no. Don't own the CDLC. Have had this error and loads of others while using TLC with Apex, CUP mods and VME_PLA.

Basically, not sure under what license TLC has been meant to be. Sqf headers dont mention license at all, just the author.

If its meant to be like BSD or MIT licensed stuff I'd just up the source into github and try patching it up without removing headers marking authorship ofc. Currently not sure.

Hello !
I was trying to test this mod and compare it to other IA mods but a lot of things are unclear on how to set it up properly.
So, my test is a simple CQB test. It consists of having AI groups garrisonned in some buildings and holding them, and other AI groups attacking them.
But I have a few problems when using that setup with TCL.

Apparently, TCL react to players and playable units, so does that mean that every AI unit in the fight must be set to playable in order to see the full potential of TCL ? Or only one in each group ? Only the group leaders ? I've tried downloading the demo mission the author talks about on this thread, but the upload is dead.

Also, I have problems with garrisonning units. They won't garrison using garrison waypoints like the ones allowed by CBA. They do garrison themselves when Idle, but they leave the building as soon as the fighting start... And get slaughtered because they don't stay protected into the buildings (which is a very poor tactical choice btw). And also, they won't garrison if the group leader is set on playable. Which is a problem if it is required for them to fight AI vs AI.

So how do you make AI fight AI properly and hold garrison ?

3 hours ago, H O P L I T E said:

So how do you make AI fight AI properly and hold garrison ?

If this forums was in Moses's time -THAT ^^^ would be the 11th Question/Commandment 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, feilongyanshan said:

Still updating?

very unlikely, he continued this project under the title of GLX then he dropped it 2 years ago due to the mod unpredictable behaviors . 

Can't get artillery support working. When AI units don't occupy static weapons (mortars) they do reinforcement perfectly well, but once I make them occupy mortars (in the editor) they stay put. Are there any tricks here? Can artillery do indirect support and fire at targets units don't see themselves?

PS already tweaked artillery chance to 100%, didn't help

Hello, I have seen this mod but I do not know how to download it since I did not find and tutorial to download the mod. (I only know how to download workshop mods) Can anyone help?

On 7/25/2022 at 4:39 PM, deni692000 said:

Hello, I have seen this mod but I do not know how to download it since I did not find and tutorial to download the mod. (I only know how to download workshop mods) Can anyone help?

There is a link on the OP.