snkman

Tactical Combat Link - TypeX

58 minutes ago, CW4 Carrera said:

@anfo @Astireloth it goes in your Userconfig folder in the arma root folder, with file patching turned on.

I know, that's why I said:

13 hours ago, anfo said:

@Astireloth

Is your userconfig folder outside of any mod folder

Is there a way to make TCL only apply to units commanded by a player?

9 hours ago, xrayfg89 said:

Is there a way to make TCL only apply to units commanded by a player?

So you want AI only in your group to be controlled by TCL, but otherwise not?

If so, are these AI editor placed, or Zeus?

On 2/3/2020 at 2:07 AM, anfo said:

So you want AI only in your group to be controlled by TCL, but otherwise not?

If so, are these AI editor placed, or Zeus?

The reason why I only want TCL to apply to ai in my squad commanded by me is because helicopter AI (with tcl) just get out of their helicopter when I make a S&D waypoint for them. And the pilots just go to the s&d waypoint on foot. Squad ai with tcl are great. Also, AI in "careless mode" will always switch to combat mode when they see enemy ai (Careless mode, which is supposed to make ai not shoot or change combat behavior) I try to get a helicopter to land via Zeus with carless on, but then they randomly switch to combat and 3 meters away from landing, they gain altitude and just ignore the "land" waypoint.

In the individual pilot's init:

this setVariable ["TCL_Disabled", True];

This will make that unit not be controlled by TCL.

If it is a group you want excluded from TCL, you can either:

1. Create a trigger in eden editor, in the text field of the created trigger write: TCL_Disabled. Synchronize 1 A.I. unit of A.I. group(s) with this trigger to disable the synchronized A.I. group(s),

2. In AI group composition init line write:

this setVariable ["TCL_Disabled", True];

• Thanks 1

I'm getting multiple errors on the take cover function.

as soon as AI get into combat not long after they go to their original spawn position and remove their own move objective without completing it.

TCL bug; AI will remove the waypoints given by zeus randomly especially if they get engaged in combat
Test conditions; Vanilla  Arma 3

1 hour ago, aadaa said:

TCL bug; AI will remove the waypoints given by zeus randomly especially if they get engaged in combat
Test conditions; Vanilla  Arma 3

No active support for this mod anymore mate.

The mod was probably broken to start off with, AI behaviour mods usually take years to deteriorate since arma doesn't change AI behaviour that much and the stuff you see in campaigns is scripted sometimes.

On 2/10/2020 at 3:49 PM, aadaa said:

The mod was probably broken to start off with, AI behaviour mods usually take years to deteriorate since arma doesn't change AI behaviour that much and the stuff you see in campaigns is scripted sometimes.

My group uses TCL weekly and aren't (yet) experiencing any of the issues that you appear to be. It could be the way we've adopted it, which is type 1(g) from this link.

@anfoI use single player vanilla zeus have you tested it out there?

@anfo nevermind im not getting the bug anymore!! I followed your instructions but do you know what specific setting caused this bug?

@anfoIm experiencing new bugs such as the AI not moving towards their objective sometimes and going somewhere else

2 hours ago, aadaa said:

@anfoIm experiencing new bugs such as the AI not moving towards their objective sometimes and going somewhere else

I'm at the limit of my expertise I'm afraid. One thing I should say I suppose is that I seldom make missions, so your bug report could be valid. You're not going to get any real answers unless you decide to use the author's new AI project: GLX

@anfoI hate GLX, it's not as advanced as TCL, until it is i won't be using it just yet i'll try to the best of my ability to fix this bug but there is one thing i should try, and that is to reset TCL to its default and find out the setting(s) that are causing the waypoint bug, at least this way i don't edit any of the other settings in a way which makes TCL bug out. Do you know which setting is causing the waypoint bug? I'm talking about the one where AI forcefully remove their own objectives.

1 hour ago, aadaa said:

Do you know which setting is causing the waypoint bug?

No

@anfoAfter wasting 5 minutes because i got lucky on the file editing, i can conclude that the Map Marker Debug setting is to blame so anybody who sees this make sure to disable map marker debug, thank you.

17 hours ago, aadaa said:

@anfoAfter wasting 5 minutes because i got lucky on the file editing, i can conclude that the Map Marker Debug setting is to blame so anybody who sees this make sure to disable map marker debug, thank you.

Debug, at least in the script version is all off by default. Did you turn it on briefly to troubleshoot?

@anfoThere is 1 debug script that has a default true 

// ------------------------------------------------------------
    // T.C.L. Map Marker Debug Type: ( Units / Groups )
    // ------------------------------------------------------------
      // Choose ( True ) to enable Map Marker Debug for A.I. unit(s).
      // Choose ( False) to enable Map Marker Debug for A.I. group(s).
      // Note: Requires T.C.L. Map Marker Debug: ( Objects )
      // True / False, default is True
      // TCL_Debug set [3, False];

@anfoone more thing, in zeus the AI skill is set to 0, any way i can change the default skill to my liking without having to manual change? Thanks!

I've got the itch to replay the East Wind campaign - enjoyed it a while back with the bcombat mod. Thinking it might be starting to go obsolete by now so wondering if anybody can tell me if this one will work in Campaigns? It sounds awesome.

On 2/16/2020 at 3:05 AM, spriksprak said:

I've got the itch to replay the East Wind campaign - enjoyed it a while back with the bcombat mod. Thinking it might be starting to go obsolete by now so wondering if anybody can tell me if this one will work in Campaigns? It sounds awesome.

I might also be interested playing the campaign with the tcl