snkman

Tactical Combat Link - TypeX

sometimes in rpt

Server: Object 2:75363 not found (message Type_120)
Error in expression <p getVariable "TCL_Watch");

if (time > _time) then
{
[_group] spawn (TCL_Watch_>
  Error position: <_time) then
{
[_group] spawn (TCL_Watch_>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _time
File TCL_System\TCL\TCL_ExecVM\TCL_KnowsAbout.sqf..., line 45
soldier[rhsusf_army_ucp_crewman]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?

Hi all

With @snkman's blessing, I'd just like to contribute an addendum to his detailed instructions in order to hopefully help to clear up some misunderstandings behind installing TCL.

There is one of seven possible combinations you can accept to install TCL.

1. Server-side.

a. Server Mod alone.
This is the simplest version of TCL available. Run it on the Server exclusively to make use of all default "out of the box" settings.
b. Mod + Userconfig folder + Filepatching enabled.
This install includes (a), but with the choice to change default TCL settings by way of modifying values within the Userconfig folder directly.
c. Mod + Userconfig folder + Filepatching enabled + init.sqf arrays.
This install includes (a) & (b), but with the choice to change default TCL settings by way of modifying values in the Userconfig folder via arrays in your mission's init.sqf.
d. Script alone.
This is the simplest script version of TCL. Include the TCL_System folder within your mission files, including the init.sqf initialisation entries as provided by snkman's install notes. This also makes use of all default "out of the box" settings.
e. Script + Userconfig folder + Filepatching enabled.
This install includes (d), but with the choice to change default TCL settings by way of modifying values within the Userconfig folder directly.
f. Script + Userconfig folder + Filepatching enabled + init.sqf arrays
This install includes (d) & (e), but with the choice to change default TCL settings by way of modifying values in the Userconfig folder via arrays in your mission's init.sqf.
g. Script + init.sqf arrays.
This install includes (d), but with the choice to change default TCL settings by way of modifying values via arrays in your mission's init.sqf.

2. Client-side.

Since the above speaks about installing TCL to a server, the Mod (only) running on a client isn't discussed because it is optional. However, if clients run the mod they will have access to custom sound, explosion and ambient effects.

3. Init.sqf entries.

If you choose to install server-side option (c), (f) or (g), then provided below are default array values you would add to your init.sqf. Note: the arrays vary slightly between TCL deployments, so please use whichever is your planned approach.

Option (c) default init.sqf arrays:

//TCL_AI=[1,0.15,3,False,3,700,True,False,True,170,False];
//TCL_Debug=[False,False,False,True,False,False,False];
//TCL_Feature=[True,50,True,True,50,True,75,True,50,True,15,True,50,30,50,True,50,50,True,15,50,300,700,True,50,True,50];
//TCL_IQ=[1,100,3];
//TCL_Radio=[True,30,[3000, 5000, 7000, 10000, 13000]];
//TCL_System=[0,True,[EAST,WEST,RESISTANCE],True,True,True,5,True,0,True,False];
//TCL_Tweak=[0,300,50,1];

//TCL_Initialize = True;

Option (f) & (g) initialisation code and default init.sqf arrays:

TCL_Path = "TCL_System\"; 
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers (TCL_Path+"TCL_Preprocess.sqf");

//TCL_AI=[1,0.15,3,False,3,700,True,False,False,True,170,False];
//TCL_Debug=[False,False,False,False,False,False,False];
//TCL_Feature=[True,50,True,True,50,True,75,True,50,True,15,True,50,True,50,True,50,30,50,True,50,50,True,15,50,300,700,True,0.90,5,True,50,True,50,True,5];
//TCL_IQ=[1,100,3];
//TCL_Radio=[True,30,[3000,5000,7000,10000,13000]];
//TCL_System=[0,True,[EAST,WEST,RESISTANCE],True,True,True,5,True,0,False,False];
//TCL_Tweak=[0,300,50,1];

//TCL_Initialize = True;

In either case, leave the arrays disabled (//) until required. If a change is required, remove comments (//) and also ensure to decomment TCL_Initialize to activate changes.

Please let me know of any confusing/incorrect information so I can make these instructions as clear as possible. 🙂

Anfo

• Like 6

23 hours ago, polzyn said:

Pilots leave the helicopter and go on foot to the "signal"

Can you please rephrase with some context?

I'm having trouble with installation. I downloaded the latest version and copied the @TCL folder ( which includes the addon folder and userconfig folder) into my Arma folder.

Im pretty sure the location is correct because I have two other mods I installed that way which show up in my mod list - but TCL isn't showing up in my mod list when I boot arma up. 

Am I misunderstanding the installation instructions in some way?

Update - I appear to be able to get it to load by using the mod line in the parameters list and entering @TCl  but it doesn't show up in the normal mod list. Should it?

7 hours ago, The Real Bunc said:

I'm having trouble with installation.

Do you mind if I ask what purpose you had for TCL? Is your computer a host/server?

I am just using it in SP just now. I have it working using the @TCL entry in the mod line on the parameters page. I've run the examples and they worked fine. I was puzzled initially why it wasn't showing up in the mod list though. Its not a great problem though as I've now got it running and I'm seeing impressive differences in the ways the AI react. 

21 hours ago, The Real Bunc said:

seeing impressive differences in the ways the AI react. 

Make sure you check out my other post on modifying the default behaviour based on the deployment of TCL you've chosen.

Thanks Anfo I will check that out.  I've been currently trying out TCL alongside the lambs FSM mods and Logic ( im a sucker for punishment!) .  Interestingly I didn't get as many conflicts as I thought there might be and I'm currently figuring out which bit of each mod tackles various things best. Eg they all handle artillery.  Im hoping that by switching mod activation for different groups to use different bits of these mods that I can get an even more varied AI behaviour for different AI groups. This mod is really very good.

Hi, I'm getting constant errors from TCL. Every ten seconds or so, there's an error relating to the 'take cover' function. It doesn't seem to have any negative effect on the gameplay, I would just appreciate it if the big error box wouldn't appear in the top right. TCL is the only AI mod I have installed.

Here's one example of what the rpt file looks like. This time I was playing with modded units, but the error occurs with vanilla units as well.

11:41:37 Obsolete
11:41:37 "////////////////////////////////// TCL error dump //////////////////////////////////
TCL_Take_Cover_F > Error > B Alpha 3-5:2 > WEST > B Alpha 3-5 > O_BlackOrder_Pilot_F
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////"

15 hours ago, trastorno said:

Hi, I'm getting constant errors from TCL. Every ten seconds or so, there's an error relating to the 'take cover' function. It doesn't seem to have any negative effect on the gameplay, I would just appreciate it if the big error box wouldn't appear in the top right. TCL is the only AI mod I have installed.

Here's one example of what the rpt file looks like. This time I was playing with modded units, but the error occurs with vanilla units as well.

Couple of questions. In what mode is TCL installed? Do fully vanilla missions demonstrate the same issue?

On 11/13/2019 at 2:16 AM, TheBigOne_014 said:

Any idea to put this mod on the steam workshop!?

I wouldn't rely on it, since snkman is now more focused on developing GLX

Heard a lot about AI's deadly aim in ARMA 3 everywhere... But I won't mind their accurate aim as far as it is not unnatural... I mean u hiding behind some rock and they put bullet in u through that. :)

Hello, would you please consider adding your project to gitHub? I really would like to contribute, if you'd like any help!

Is anyone else having trouble downloading a working version of this? All I get is an unknown or damaged file error when I try to open it in WinRAR.

4 hours ago, beno_83au said:

Is anyone else having trouble downloading a working version of this? All I get is an unknown or damaged file error when I try to open it in WinRAR.

take a try to not open it by winrar itself with double leftclick, but unpack archive in folder by rightclick and choosing corresponding option in context menu.

I wish to ask, how does the ai with vehicles behave? I saw the artillery part of the video and thought that was awesome. And the parts where the ai brings in transport to move. But I was curious to know how the ai would use tanks, helicopters and planes etc. Do they use them effectively? And if there are crew aboard they aren't going to leave are they? And would the ai board vehicles with ai already in? I think I want to use this mod more but would like to know how vehicles work with your mod. I used another and the combat vehicles were kinda wonky, thats why I ask.  

Great looking mod, @snkman!

However, I'm having some troubles with modifying the A.I settings. I don't want A.I to be able to use flares at any point, so I changed the value to False and Chance to 0% under TCL_Feature.sqf and removed the // in front of the lines. Then I moved the TCL and UserConfig folders into Arma 3 Server root folder, enabled file patching and loaded the mod as server only. The A.I still makes the battlefield look like rave party.. =D Am I missing something?

2 hours ago, Astireloth said:

=D Am I missing something?

@Astireloth
As per this link, can I confirm you are using Server install type 1(b)?

@Astireloth

Just a couple of questions. Sorry if I have you sucking eggs.
Is your userconfig folder outside of any mod folder, including TCL? As I personally haven't used this mode, I can't confirm if they're are issues with it.

What I do know is, my group uses Server install type 1(g). This would need to include the init.sqf entries to enable/disable variables. This mode works, as flares is one of the variables I played with and was able to turn them on and off etc.

8 hours ago, anfo said:

@Astireloth

Just a couple of questions. Sorry if I have you sucking eggs.
Is your userconfig folder outside of any mod folder, including TCL? As I personally haven't used this mode, I can't confirm if they're are issues with it.

What I do know is, my group uses Server install type 1(g). This would need to include the init.sqf entries to enable/disable variables. This mode works, as flares is one of the variables I played with and was able to turn them on and off etc.

Hey, @anfo

No worries, eggs are a good source for protein 😉

I tried it both ways, UserConfig inside the TCL folder and outside of it in Arma 3 server's root folder. I never had it in both places at the same time.

I will try this mod tonight with the init.sqf and report back.