snkman

Tactical Combat Link - TypeX

On 9/1/2019 at 2:01 PM, snkman said:

Sorry guy's did not get any notifications there are some new posts here and did not check it for some time... :icon1:

Thanks for the feedback. :thumbs-up:

Idk i never use / test my mods with other 3. party Mods / AddOns.

Guess you have to find out by just give it a try. :icon5:

Strange... Those commands should be triggered if you are not leader of an A.I. group so with A.I. as group leader only.

If you get lead by A.I. those commans are pretty normal because A.I. ( leader ) will get move orders from T.C.L. each 10 - 15 sec. which the A.I. leader will tell to the rest of the group including the player.

Yap normally player lead group(s) will be totally excluded from any T.C.L. feature / system.

Thanks! :icon5:

Well GLX will replace T.C.L. at some point of time i guess... I don't really know how it will end but right now my plan is to get a good working base system with GLX and include feature(s) of T.C.L. step by step.

Just as already told T.C.L. should never affect group(s) lead by a player if you get those command spawn it means you are part of an A.I. group lead by A.I.

Each time A.I. gets a command from T.C.L. move / change formation / change combat mode / change behaviour and so on the A.I. group leader will issue those command to his unit(s) including you ( player).

Yes Zeus A.I. in vehicles are bit tricky to do... I found a way of how to get them from client side to the server but sometimes for unknown reasons it does not work.

If you create A.I. in vehicle A.I. units ( crew ) + vehicle will be local to the client who created them ( Zeus ).

After they are created you have to move their locallity from the client to the server to make them able to use T.C.L.

Vehicles are always local to the driver of the vehicle but locallity of the vehicle will not automatically change by switching the A.I. units ( crew ) from the client to the server.

You have to make the driver get out of the vehicle and back in to trigger the vehicle locallity from client to server... Sometimes somehow this does not work correctly...

Are you using Zeus or Eden 3D Editro?

Hehe this really sounds strange... I did not include a nude feature... :headscratch:

I'm using zeus and this happens when i give them waypoints. it only started happening on our server after CBA_A3 updated

After some tests, I find out that TCL doesn't work with groups entirely made of playable units.

If I disable playable for the leader, the group garison the next building but not if he is playable.

It's a problem if I want to use TCL with hetman war stories.

No problems with GLX.

Hi @snkman

Just checking to see if you agree whether when just using script version in init.sqf, that it is allowed to have some variables enabled and others disabled? See link:

https://imgur.com/fyfUArl

Anfo

On 9/5/2019 at 7:15 PM, Zero Two said:

Question, is this server side or does the people joining need it aswell. If I host a server or direct host with this mod, will my settings overwrite the people joining? 
Just wondering cuz people tend to dislike manually downloading mods.

Anyways great work on this mod.

It can be run entirely server side as a mod or script. The only reason clients might run the mod is to have certain sound effects available, otherwise it is purely optional.

cool mod, but i get a weird glitch. when i use this mod for some reason no RHS impact grenades will ever detonate. throwing RGO/RGN grenades is like throwing a rock essentially.

On 8/19/2019 at 7:39 PM, Totem974 said:

Hi, me again. I managed to make TCL work on my dedicated server by enabling on the server side (-severMod =). I was able to notice a significant change in AI's behavior, so I conclude that the mod works.

I also noticed another problem: As a group leader (don't know others slots), my character does not stop giving orders either to groups npc or to the rest of my group and this automatically and continuously.

This pollutes the audio channel and writes by spamming orders of movement, changing formation etc.

If you need someone with dedicated server to test and feedback your mod (that I actually do after all^^), I'll be glad helping you. Just ask me.

EDIT AFTER MORE TESTING :

Here are my results by launching TCL locally or serverMod = on my remote server:

As a group leader AI or Player : - TCL gives orders to the soldiers of my group automatically according to the situation.

And with each change of formation, rule of engagement or any other order, a written and audible report spam the group leader as well as his team, being also discovered by the enemy because mouth all along ^^. The worst is for movement orders ... like 40 per minute.

As member of a group of AI :

Same order spam coming from the group leader, especially for movement orders (go grid 012-153, go grid 013-155, etc ...)

I've been getting the same issue where as the commander slot during any liberation mission, my character will repeatedly give orders to my squad without my input during combat. Once, I think I even got possessed by the AI since I threw a smoke grenade again, without my input.

Aside from these bugs though, this is currently the best AI mod available for A3, and I'd like to thank the team for their hard work!

21 hours ago, SunsTirade said:

I've been getting the same issue where as the commander slot during any liberation mission, my character will repeatedly give orders to my squad without my input during combat. Once, I think I even got possessed by the AI since I threw a smoke grenade again, without my input.

Aside from these bugs though, this is currently the best AI mod available for A3, and I'd like to thank the team for their hard work!

I've experienced this same behavior in DCO and thought it was a bug with the scenarios so I quit playing them. More recently I've had the same problem with Dynamic Civil War (Malden & Livonia) scenarios from Bidass. I eventually had to disable TCL because the constant order spamming was incredibly annoying and because at times my squad members were following these bogus orders. Also I was getting attacked by large numbers of enemies at the initial FOB within a minute or two after exiting the helicopter. Disabling TCL made those issues go away. I've been testing DCW with VCOM AI and it seems to be working so far but I would prefer to use TCL if the issue can be fixed. Other than that, it's a great AI mod.

Im using script version, there is something special to do for mortar AI request or just place/spawn an artillery asset then the AI will request it ?

1 hour ago, damsous said:

Im using script version, there is something special to do for mortar AI request or just place/spawn an artillery asset then the AI will request it ?

I believe there is a default database setting (AI_Feature) that states the AI have a 15% chance to call in artillery. I presume the artillery has to be placed and manned for it to work. Of course the chance value can be increased as long as you enable the array in your init.sqf

• Thanks 1

It is possible to disable globaly the AI who disembark from static weapon, i didn't find the setting in the script.

2 hours ago, damsous said:

It is possible to disable globaly the AI who disembark from static weapon, i didn't find the setting in the script.

Just to clarify, you want to stop AI from unmounting static weapons?

15 minutes ago, anfo said:

yes

On 9/14/2019 at 9:05 AM, damsous said:

yes

I personally can't recall that variable existing in the script anywhere. Mind you I'm still learning too. For instance I think I've only just discovered that when I'm using the script version and I wanted to change a variable through an array in init.sqf, my values should come from TCL\TCL_Database, and not from TCL\Userconfig like I originally thought. Userconfig gives better descriptions of the variables to change, but, there are value differences between the two and will throw errors if you use the Userconfig values without a Userconfig folder.

Here's a document I created of all the settings a Userconfig folder typically has. I couldn't see what you wanted in there:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vKs0ZO7A_8JylkkZkSYbk7jqntPJBhrfHJ6YaJStFbo/edit

@xxnocross55no

I'm using zeus and this happens when i give them waypoints. it only started happening on our server after CBA_A3 updated

Well if that's the case than you pretty much already answered your own question.

On 9/7/2019 at 6:13 PM, Erendil said:

After some tests, I find out that TCL doesn't work with groups entirely made of playable units.

If I disable playable for the leader, the group garison the next building but not if he is playable.

It's a problem if I want to use TCL with hetman war stories.

No problems with GLX.

Yes that's true.

Kind of a logical mistake... Playable ( Switchable ) none player unit(s) should not be marked as players but that's what it does.

On 9/9/2019 at 6:37 AM, anfo said:

Hi @snkman

Just checking to see if you agree whether when just using script version in init.sqf, that it is allowed to have some variables enabled and others disabled? See link:

https://imgur.com/fyfUArl

Anfo

Sure.

Disabled variables will simply use the default T.C.L. database settings of given disabled variable.

On 9/9/2019 at 5:31 PM, pognivet said:

cool mod, but i get a weird glitch. when i use this mod for some reason no RHS impact grenades will ever detonate. throwing RGO/RGN grenades is like throwing a rock essentially.

Thanks! :icon2:

Hmm... I already heared of a strange behaviour if R.H.S. vehicles are used...

Sorry but can't really tell something about it. T.C.L. does not affect any 3D model or configs of the game.

Maybe there is something else you are using which leads to this problem?

On 9/9/2019 at 6:02 PM, SunsTirade said:

Thanks! :icon5:

Are you the group leader or commander of a vehicle?

To me this really sounds like the group leader is A.I. and not human? :headscratch:

On 9/10/2019 at 3:52 PM, scimitar said:

I've experienced this same behavior in DCO and thought it was a bug with the scenarios so I quit playing them. More recently I've had the same problem with Dynamic Civil War (Malden & Livonia) scenarios from Bidass. I eventually had to disable TCL because the constant order spamming was incredibly annoying and because at times my squad members were following these bogus orders. Also I was getting attacked by large numbers of enemies at the initial FOB within a minute or two after exiting the helicopter. Disabling TCL made those issues go away. I've been testing DCW with VCOM AI and it seems to be working so far but I would prefer to use TCL if the issue can be fixed. Other than that, it's a great AI mod.

Thanks. :icon_cool:

See post above.

Guess i will check those missions to see what's going on.

On 9/11/2019 at 6:06 AM, TWRoach said:

Hello, is there any way to force the ai weapon to use fully automatic?

To me it already looks like A.I. is using full automatic.

I was looking for a way to make them shoot less.

A.I. already run out of ammo very fast.

On 9/13/2019 at 4:03 PM, damsous said:

Just place/spawn them and A.I. if within their radio range will be able to request them.

On 9/13/2019 at 5:43 PM, anfo said:

I believe there is a default database setting (AI_Feature) that states the AI have a 15% chance to call in artillery. I presume the artillery has to be placed and manned for it to work. Of course the chance value can be increased as long as you enable the array in your init.sqf

Exactly! :thumbs-up:

On 9/14/2019 at 12:34 AM, damsous said:

Make sure A.I. group leader is using static weapon as well and they will not leave it.
Another way would be to disable the A.I. group from using T.C.L. mod.

3 hours ago, snkman said:

Disabled variables will simply use the default T.C.L. database settings of given disabled variable.

This is something I've also learned by trial and error. If using the script version and not a Userconfig folder, then I have to make sure I use the TCL_System\TCL_Database variables. I was using the Userconfig\TCL variables because I didn't understand I wasn't supposed to. The differences between the two are so different I was getting errors when I changed an array in init.sqf. 😕

44 minutes ago, anfo said:

This is something I've also learned by trial and error. If using the script version and not a Userconfig folder, then I have to make sure I use the TCL_System\TCL_Database variables. I was using the Userconfig\TCL variables because I didn't understand I wasn't supposed to. The differences between the two are so different I was getting errors when I changed an array in init.sqf. 😕

True.

If you use the variable array from within the Init.sqf all values have to be there and at the right position.

If only 1 value is missing or you change a bool ( True / False ) to a number or vise versa it also returns in a error.

At the time where the Init.sqf is executed by the game the database has not been created so you can't change a array ( variable ) that does not exist.

The mod simply checks if any of the databases ( variables ) already was created in the Init.sqf if yes than it will skip the mods database which was found in the Init.sqf and use it instead of the mods default database.

UserConfig > TCL and TCL_Database are exactly the same but to change a value of an array you have to use array set [index, value]; which may make things look different to you. :icon5:

21 hours ago, snkman said:

UserConfig > TCL and TCL_Database are exactly the same

Not exactly 😕
There are differences in AI_Feature between the two. In TCL_Database there are indexes 11, 12, 13, 14, 27, 28, 29 and 34, 35 that are missing from Userconfig > TCL:
11, 12: AI house searching?
13, 14: AI using static weapons?

27-29: Something about suppression?
34, 35: AI Surrendering?

Q1. Are these variables working, since Userconfig don't have them?
Q2. Can you please explain in more detail index 27-29 please?

Anfo

Oh yws you are right...

I mean the entries ( way of how the array is build ) of the array are exactly the same in UserConfig > TCL > TCL_Feature.sqf there are some missing setting as you already found out. :icon5:

Surrender: 34 + 35

It's a feature i've started working on but never finish it. Code is there but not active.

Suppression: 27 - 29

Suppression from player to A.I. working.

27 = Enable / Disable

28 = Time during shots to activate suppression

29 = Amount of bullets which was fired within time set by 28

So by default you have to fire at least 5 bullets each within time limit of 0.90 seconds.

Most of the time can be done with MGs and ARs set to ( burst ) or full auto only. ( Any high rate of fire weapon )

Pretty hard to trigger this within the time limit if e.g. ARs are set to single fire mode.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, snkman said:

Oh yws you are right...

I mean the entries ( way of how the array is build ) of the array are exactly the same in UserConfig > TCL > TCL_Feature.sqf there are some missing setting as you already found out. :icon5:

Surrender: 34 + 35

It's a feature i've started working on but never finish it. Code is there but not active.

Suppression: 27 - 29

Suppression from player to A.I. working.

27 = Enable / Disable

28 = Time during shots to activate suppression

29 = Amount of bullets which was fired within time set by 28

So by default you have to fire at least 5 bullets each within time limit of 0.90 seconds.

Most of the time can be done with MGs and ARs set to ( burst ) or full auto only. ( Any high rate of fire weapon )

Pretty hard to trigger this within the time limit if e.g. ARs are set to single fire mode.

Thank you 😀

Just to confirm indexes 11,12 and 13, 14 are just boolean and % chance?

Anfo

7 hours ago, anfo said:

Thank you 😀

Just to confirm indexes 11,12 and 13, 14 are just boolean and % chance?

Anfo

Sure you're welcome! :icon5:

// 11 ( House Search )
            True,

// 13 ( Static Weapon )
            True,

Yes both features use bool ( Enable / Disable ) and % chance only.

On 9/13/2019 at 10:03 AM, damsous said:

I haven't had anything special to do. They will just mount and sue it as far as I see. HOWEVER, I've only ever seen the mortars fire against vehicles. They don't seem to fire against infantry at least in 30 play tests I've done of my mission. Is this something set by TCL or is this standard BIS behaviour. In other scripts I've used like DAC, AI will fire mortars at infantry no problem.

On 9/13/2019 at 8:49 PM, anfo said:

I haven't seen my AI unmount static guns. They will stay there for the duration.

7 minutes ago, delta99 said:

I haven't seen my AI unmount static guns. They will stay there for the duration.

Yeah im using a script that spawned AI in static as group subordinnate, that the reason why they dismount