snkman

Tactical Combat Link - TypeX

46 minutes ago, delta99 said:

Can you explain the distance settings? I've been play testing with a lot of different settings and its difficult to get groups that are much further away to reinforce. I'm mostly using TCL array settings per group and / or overall in init.sql.

There are distances specified in TCL_Radio (not really explained) and also in TCL_AI or is it TCL_Tweak (don't have the code in front of me right now). Again, I'm not 100% sure if the distances are set for the "requesting" unit or the "requested" unit if you know what I mean.

By using "Location" A.I. group(s) as explained distances set in TCL_Radio will be ignored by those A.I. group(s).

A.I. simply will be able to request A.I. synchronized with them no matter how far or close they are to each other.

// ==============================================================
  // T.C.L. A.I. Radio: ( Distance )
  // Choose distance within specific A.I. group(s) are able to request reinforcement(s).
  // 0 - 50000, default is [3000, 5000, 7000, 10000, 13000] - [Man, Car, Tank, Air, Ship]
    // TCL_Radio set [2, [3000, 5000, 7000, 10000, 13000] ];

Those distances are vehicle / none vehicle specific.

So by default A.I. without vehicle ( by foot ) will be able to request A.I. reinforcement within 3000 meters to their position.

If A.I. use any kind of car they will be able to request A.I. reinforcement within 5000 meters to their position.

From first to last entry.

1. array defines the distances 2. array explains which vehicle type they are used for.

[3000, 5000, 7000, 10000, 13000] - [Man, Car, Tank, Air, Ship]

It always will be calculated from the requesting A.I. group.

46 minutes ago, delta99 said:

Another question. Should mortars provide support? I have included at least one mortar group and I can see the mortars are manned and I believe via TCL Debug they are included in TCL but I don't think I've ever seen them fire a single shot? Are there some parameters I can look into or anything else I can debug?

Well there are some conditions which have to match.

1. No unit friendly to the mortar unit should be within the mortar firing range.

2. Mortar need to be able to elevate / aim correctly. Enemy(s) should be not too close and not too far away from the mortar unit. If i remember correctly further away than 200 meters but not further away than 2k meters.

If A.I. group leader is part of the mortar group ( using a mortar ) than this A.I. group can be requested to fire at enemy(s) position without enemy knowledge if above conditions match.

If A.I. group leader is not using a mortar than the A.I. group need to have some knowledge about their enemy(s) to fire / use the mortars.

@snkman

Hi, go an issue with the 1.0.31.

I upload last @tcl on the ArmA3 folder of my dedicated server, and put the .bikey on the Key folder.
Add it to my command line -mod=@tcl;....
Add it to my library on the ArmA3 launcher.

And this is what I got with all the .pbo on my addon clientside folder.

63040196-005ec380-bed6-11e9-9ceb-bf38984

I aslo try to put in on -servermod=@TCL and not launching it on clientside, and it seems working but I canno't verify if it does.

Well "TCL_Intro.pbo" defenetly is signed...

Anyway... You can simply delete / remove the "TCL_Intro.pbo" if it does not work it's just some main menu mission screen stuff not relevant to get T.C.L. working properly.

Hi,

thank you for this great mod!

i was wondering, is it possible to exclude certain units (squads) from TCL?

For example, in my custom missions I am using a helicopter with AI crew to fly me to different parts of the map via high command orders. The crew of the Geli should never leave the helicopter. 

With the ARMA AI they stay in the helicopter when an enemy has been spotted but with TCL they leave the helicopter and attack. 

Is there a way to avoid TCL taking control of this group of units?

1 hour ago, rainbow47 said:

Hi,

For example, in my custom missions I am using a helicopter with AI crew to fly me to different parts of the map via high command orders. The crew of the Geli should never leave the helicopter. 

With the ARMA AI they stay in the helicopter when an enemy has been spotted but with TCL they leave the helicopter and attack. 

Have you checked here https://github.com/Arma-TCL-TypeX/TCL-TypeX-docs/wiki/TCL-group-types?

3 hours ago, snkman said:

Well "TCL_Intro.pbo" defenetly is signed...

Anyway... You can simply delete / remove the "TCL_Intro.pbo" if it does not work it's just some main menu mission screen stuff not relevant to get T.C.L. working properly.

I tried already, and it show me the same error message for TCL_Sound.pbo and TCL_System.pbo.

And my dedicated server denied me, canno't login, ejected cause no signature allowed : /

I do put the key files on the Key folder. Am I doing something wrong ?

3 hours ago, rainbow47 said:

Hi,

Thanks. :icon5:

Sure it is a way.

Write this into the A.I. group composition Init field:

this setVariable ["TCL_Disabled", True];

1 hour ago, Totem974 said:

I tried already, and it show me the same error message for TCL_Sound.pbo and TCL_System.pbo.

And my dedicated server denied me, canno't login, ejected cause no signature allowed : /

I do put the key files on the Key folder. Am I doing something wrong ?

Sorry but i do not own a Dedicated server...

But i guess you missed something. So far this is the first time i heard about this problem.

Maybe someone else with dedicated server experiance can help you with this? :icon1:

Only thing i can give you is the link to the server setup page here but guess you already know it.

14 minutes ago, snkman said:

Sorry but i do not own a Dedicated server...

But i guess you missed something. So far this is the first time i heard about this problem.

Maybe someone else with dedicated server experiance can help you with this? :icon1:

Only thing i can give you is the link to the server setup page here but guess you already know it.

Ok I put it on -servermod="@TCL" ... And it's look Ai works the way it has to do. But I canno't launch it clientside via the launcher in any way.

If I could help in any way for dedicated server compatibility I'll will be honored to help you 😃

edit : I'm on verification=2 to avoid noisy mods so different key or mods are strictly kicked by Battleye.

Only one question, that might have been answered already:

Does it work with MCC?

What I mean is: will TCL "kill" all GAIA units' behaviours?I would still like to use MCC as mission maker and TCL as AI.

Thanks.

A user called Machiya already used it combined with MCC ( GAIA ) an as far as i can tell it did work.

But i never tested it myself.

• Thanks 1

I've been playing around with EOS (Enemy Occupation System) for spawning units and it seems to be working really well with TCL.

On 8/16/2019 at 7:28 PM, snkman said:

A user called Machiya already used it combined with MCC ( GAIA ) an as far as i can tell it did work.

But i never tested it myself.

Hi, here again.

What about ACE and the advanced medical system? Does your AI work well with them?

Hi, me again. I managed to make TCL work on my dedicated server by enabling on the server side (-severMod =). I was able to notice a significant change in AI's behavior, so I conclude that the mod works.

I also noticed another problem: As a group leader (don't know others slots), my character does not stop giving orders either to groups npc or to the rest of my group and this automatically and continuously.

This pollutes the audio channel and writes by spamming orders of movement, changing formation etc.

If you need someone with dedicated server to test and feedback your mod (that I actually do after all^^), I'll be glad helping you. Just ask me.

EDIT AFTER MORE TESTING :

Here are my results by launching TCL locally or serverMod = on my remote server:

As a group leader AI or Player : - TCL gives orders to the soldiers of my group automatically according to the situation.

And with each change of formation, rule of engagement or any other order, a written and audible report spam the group leader as well as his team, being also discovered by the enemy because mouth all along ^^. The worst is for movement orders ... like 40 per minute.

As member of a group of AI :

Same order spam coming from the group leader, especially for movement orders (go grid 012-153, go grid 013-155, etc ...)

Edited by Totem974
french inside - bad english : / + more testing

21 hours ago, Totem974 said:

Hi, me again. I managed to make TCL work on my dedicated server by enabling on the server side (-severMod =). I was able to notice a significant change in AI's behavior, so I conclude that the mod works.

I also noticed another problem: As a group leader (don't know others slots), my character does not stop giving orders either to groups npc or to the rest of my group and this automatically and continuously.

This pollutes the audio channel and writes by spamming orders of movement, changing formation etc.

If you need someone with dedicated server to test and feedback your mod (that I actually do after all^^), I'll be glad helping you. Just ask me.

Here are my results by launching TCL locally or serverMod = on my remote server:

As a group leader AI or Player : - TCL gives orders to the soldiers of my group automatically according to the situation.

And with each change of formation, rule of engagement or any other order, a written and audible report spam the group leader as well as his team, being also discovered by the enemy because mouth all along ^^. The worst is for movement orders ... like 40 per minute.

Same order spam coming from the group leader, especially for movement orders (go grid 012-153, go grid 013-155, etc ...)

I don't get this behaviour. Are you syncing these groups to other groups by chance that are being controlled by TCL?

You can also try disabling TCL on the group in question during its init. Check the docs, I don't have them in front of me right now.

Hey Snkman. Just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate your hard work for the community. 

I did have a question. Is TCL going to be replaced by your new GXL ai mod or will they be two different types of mods? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, delta99 said:

I don't get this behaviour. Are you syncing these groups to other groups by chance that are being controlled by TCL?

You can also try disabling TCL on the group in question during its init. Check the docs, I don't have them in front of me right now.

I don't think so, I just ran  some DRO,TRGM2 or any mission already made.

So I presume I have to modify the .pbo of mission I want to run without TCL in the player groupe, isn't it?

But in the case I made my own mission, and I am in a group with player, and we need to add AI into that group, if I disabled TCL inits, AI behavior should not work as intended by the mod, am I right ? Because except for command spam, the AI in infantery combat behaves really well, and I'm afraid that disabling TCL on my group will lose its charm. As a result, only the enemy or independent AI groups in the group would be subject to the mod.

Hi @snkman

I submitted this via Github, but I'll post here anyway.

It appears that TCL is affecting a Zeus being able to remote control a crewed AI vehicle. After Zeus remote controls the gunner, WASD does not work to control the AI driver, commands are being ignored. Without TCL enabled, remote control works.

Test conditions:

Vanilla (no other mods or scripts),

TCL script executed from init.sqf only. No Userconfig and all variables default,

Zeus remote controls AI gunner ok, however, AI driver not receiving WASD commands,

Without TCL running, Zeus remote control of AI gunner/driver works.

i'm having some strange problem with this mod on my dedicated server. AI getting waypoints would randomly lose all gear in their inventory as well as clothes. what gives? is it because of the CBA_A3 update that happened? really don't want to give up on this mod

Sorry guy's did not get any notifications there are some new posts here and did not check it for some time... :icon1:

On 8/18/2019 at 10:05 PM, delta99 said:

I've been playing around with EOS (Enemy Occupation System) for spawning units and it seems to be working really well with TCL.

Thanks for the feedback. :thumbs-up:

On 8/18/2019 at 11:17 PM, Black_Ice931 said:

Hi, here again.

What about ACE and the advanced medical system? Does your AI work well with them?

Idk i never use / test my mods with other 3. party Mods / AddOns.

Guess you have to find out by just give it a try. :icon5:

On 8/20/2019 at 4:39 AM, Totem974 said:

Strange... Those commands should be triggered if you are not leader of an A.I. group so with A.I. as group leader only.

If you get lead by A.I. those commans are pretty normal because A.I. ( leader ) will get move orders from T.C.L. each 10 - 15 sec. which the A.I. leader will tell to the rest of the group including the player.

On 8/21/2019 at 2:15 AM, delta99 said:

Yap normally player lead group(s) will be totally excluded from any T.C.L. feature / system.

On 8/21/2019 at 7:55 AM, kothen said:

Hey Snkman. Just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate your hard work for the community. 

I did have a question. Is TCL going to be replaced by your new GXL ai mod or will they be two different types of mods? 

Thanks! :icon5:

Well GLX will replace T.C.L. at some point of time i guess... I don't really know how it will end but right now my plan is to get a good working base system with GLX and include feature(s) of T.C.L. step by step.

On 8/21/2019 at 10:56 AM, Totem974 said:

I don't think so, I just ran  some DRO,TRGM2 or any mission already made.

So I presume I have to modify the .pbo of mission I want to run without TCL in the player groupe, isn't it?

But in the case I made my own mission, and I am in a group with player, and we need to add AI into that group, if I disabled TCL inits, AI behavior should not work as intended by the mod, am I right ? Because except for command spam, the AI in infantery combat behaves really well, and I'm afraid that disabling TCL on my group will lose its charm. As a result, only the enemy or independent AI groups in the group would be subject to the mod.

Just as already told T.C.L. should never affect group(s) lead by a player if you get those command spawn it means you are part of an A.I. group lead by A.I.

Each time A.I. gets a command from T.C.L. move / change formation / change combat mode / change behaviour and so on the A.I. group leader will issue those command to his unit(s) including you ( player).

On 8/23/2019 at 11:16 AM, anfo said:

Hi @snkman

I submitted this via Github, but I'll post here anyway.

It appears that TCL is affecting a Zeus being able to remote control a crewed AI vehicle. After Zeus remote controls the gunner, WASD does not work to control the AI driver, commands are being ignored. Without TCL enabled, remote control works.

Test conditions:

Vanilla (no other mods or scripts),

TCL script executed from init.sqf only. No Userconfig and all variables default,

Zeus remote controls AI gunner ok, however, AI driver not receiving WASD commands,

Without TCL running, Zeus remote control of AI gunner/driver works.

Yes Zeus A.I. in vehicles are bit tricky to do... I found a way of how to get them from client side to the server but sometimes for unknown reasons it does not work.

If you create A.I. in vehicle A.I. units ( crew ) + vehicle will be local to the client who created them ( Zeus ).

After they are created you have to move their locallity from the client to the server to make them able to use T.C.L.

Vehicles are always local to the driver of the vehicle but locallity of the vehicle will not automatically change by switching the A.I. units ( crew ) from the client to the server.

You have to make the driver get out of the vehicle and back in to trigger the vehicle locallity from client to server... Sometimes somehow this does not work correctly...

On 8/26/2019 at 12:29 PM, xxnocross55no said:

i'm having some strange problem with this mod on my dedicated server. AI getting waypoints would randomly lose all gear in their inventory as well as clothes. what gives? is it because of the CBA_A3 update that happened? really don't want to give up on this mod

Are you using Zeus or Eden 3D Editro?

Hehe this really sounds strange... I did not include a nude feature... :headscratch:

• Like 1

Well GLX will replace T.C.L. at some point of time i guess... I don't really know how it will end but right now my plan is to get a good working base system with GLX and include feature(s) of T.C.L. step by step.

im afraid that moving TCL features to GLX will convert GLX to TCL and than we will have 2 TCLs at the end 😛

i think that most these issues came from the TCLs new features and updates that increased the complexity around which arma engine couldnt handle any further...

using to much functions will bring more issues thankfully you are using arrays and not call function like in the old armed assault days lol

the vanilla Ai itself is way too clunky all the bugs that ive report before are vanilla bugs unfortunately

however the good news now is that  TCL and GLX are compatible with pretty much all the other Ai mods because they dont use FSM in the process just sqf scripting, when first time i saw the FSM file inside TCL i thought it may cause issues but its only for the initializing im using TCL with another Ai mod that do have FSM and im having better results and much more active ai because stuff like combat modes, skills and such  will be overwritten and not conflicting as long as there would be no 2 or more FSMs in the process...

however the best thing  you can do now ( in my opinion ) is to not port all TCL features 😁

or disactivate most of them by default, so users can activate them to serve their needs because not every mission will suit for every feature and not every feature will suit with all the other features activated

anyway good luck with your work !!

EDIT: can you check this for me please it is not working for me at all i never seeing ai tanks using smoke screens so far as its included in vanilla and its working but not when using TCL

// T.C.L. A.I. Smoke: ( Vehicles )
  // True / False, default is True
    // TCL_Feature set [5, True];

// ------------------------------------------------------------
    // T.C.L. A.I. Smoke: ( Chance )
    // 0 - 100, default is 75%
      // TCL_Feature set [6, 75];

10 hours ago, AirShark said:

im afraid that moving TCL features to GLX will convert GLX to TCL and than we will have 2 TCLs at the end 😛

i think that most these issues came from the TCLs new features and updates that increased the complexity around which arma engine couldnt handle any further...

using to much functions will bring more issues thankfully you are using arrays and not call function like in the old armed assault days lol

the vanilla Ai itself is way too clunky all the bugs that ive report before are vanilla bugs unfortunately

however the good news now is that  TCL and GLX are compatible with pretty much all the other Ai mods because they dont use FSM in the process just sqf scripting, when first time i saw the FSM file inside TCL i thought it may cause issues but its only for the initializing im using TCL with another Ai mod that do have FSM and im having better results and much more active ai because stuff like combat modes, skills and such  will be overwritten and not conflicting as long as there would be no 2 or more FSMs in the process...

however the best thing  you can do now ( in my opinion ) is to not port all TCL features 😁

or disactivate most of them by default, so users can activate them to serve their needs because not every mission will suit for every feature and not every feature will suit with all the other features activated

anyway good luck with your work !!

EDIT: can you check this for me please it is not working for me at all i never seeing ai tanks using smoke screens so far as its included in vanilla and its working but not when using TCL

// T.C.L. A.I. Smoke: ( Vehicles )
  // True / False, default is True
    // TCL_Feature set [5, True];

// T.C.L. A.I. Smoke: ( Chance )
    // 0 - 100, default is 75%
      // TCL_Feature set [6, 75];

Thanks AirShark! :icon5:

True i will not convert / port them only i will of course modify them a lot.

For example with T.C.L. some of the A.I. features require values or conditions to be true, false from the main A.I. system to work properly.

This makes thinks very complicated because you always have to keep multiple thinks in mind.

Also many T.C.L. features are coded way too complicated... Too big and use conditions which will be needed very very rarely.

So what i mean with taking features from T.C.L. to GLX is to kind of take the base script and use the code to get the feature working properly only. ( As simple as possible! )

What exactly is your problem with using multipls .fsm files?

I can't think of any situation where multiple .fsm files would lead to any kind of conflict...

Basically they are just like normal .sqf with faster condition check.

About the smoke screen:

Smoke will be use by A.I. units inside of the vehicle which are about to disembark the vehicle.

So if you use a tank with crew only ( no A.I. to disembark ) there will be no smoke screen. :icon1:

• Like 1

Could you use a check-box -type system for the enable/disable features please? Thank you.

On 9/2/2019 at 3:01 AM, snkman said:

Yes Zeus A.I. in vehicles are bit tricky to do...

Thank you for the clarification. We've been testing a TCL_Disabled trigger sync'd to unit of AI crew group instead.

Question, is this server side or does the people joining need it aswell. If I host a server or direct host with this mod, will my settings overwrite the people joining? 
Just wondering cuz people tend to dislike manually downloading mods.

Anyways great work on this mod.