snkman

Tactical Combat Link - TypeX

Hi,

I've encountered two bugs.

The first is the config. It seems not to be working at the moment and hasn't been since at least the version 1.0.21. I tried turning off/changing the flare usage, rearming, reinforcement requesting, and ai skills. No effect ingame whatsoever.
I have the filepatching option enabled, and the config file in the right folder, so that's not the problem.

The second problem is that AI units tend to switch to the combat behaviour without encountering any enemy. In my case, I just placed 7-8 AAF soldiers in the editor, gave them some static animations and that was it. A few seconds later and they all went to combat. I didn't spawn any opfor or bluefor units at all.

Addons used: CBA, Achilles, CUP Terrains Core and Maps, and 3den Enhanced.

Thanks.
L

Good day everyone. I apologize for my possibly terrible english.

Dear author, thanks for the wonderful mod, this is really very cool!

I have a small problem - my soldiers stubbornly ignore static weapons - guns and mortars ...

And also - is your mod compatible with TPW MOD?

It seems I am getting static_weapons.sqf error or so. And AIs seem to love to get off of their static emplacement rather than enjoying their superior firepower. AIs love to get off of static emplacement to shoot people with their smaller caliber rifles.

On 6/30/2019 at 12:22 PM, ISparkle said:

Ah yes. Zeus AI indeed. And I tried that method, works well for armed AIs but seems like unarmed AIs love to run around, making HVT missions a bit of pain. What can I do for that?

Only thing you could do is to disable the HVT from using any T.C.L. feature(s).

For example:

Create a trigger 100 X 100.

In the text field of the trigger write TCL_Disabled.

Every A.I. created within the trigger area will be disabled automatically.

On 7/1/2019 at 10:38 AM, Machiya said:

@snkman 
Long time since I have had a chance to catch-up... been involved in projects IRL)

Will have a look at TCL this week - like the sound of some of the changes.

Can I ask about the current status of Zeus stuff?
- Are you including units placed after the first 5 secs?

- I see you are with-holding TCL control from units that are given Zeus WP... is this all TCL stuff or just some?

Hey Machiya! :icon5:

Well spawn A.I. initialize delay can be set in UserConfig > TCL_System.sqf. ( Default is 0 )

I also included the side ( EAST / WEST / RESISTANCE ) initialize.

But yes when it comes to Zeus that's pretty much most of what i did so far.

14 hours ago, Lothear said:

Hi,

I've encountered two bugs.

The first is the config. It seems not to be working at the moment and hasn't been since at least the version 1.0.21. I tried turning off/changing the flare usage, rearming, reinforcement requesting, and ai skills. No effect ingame whatsoever.
I have the filepatching option enabled, and the config file in the right folder, so that's not the problem.

The second problem is that AI units tend to switch to the combat behaviour without encountering any enemy. In my case, I just placed 7-8 AAF soldiers in the editor, gave them some static animations and that was it. A few seconds later and they all went to combat. I didn't spawn any opfor or bluefor units at all.

Addons used: CBA, Achilles, CUP Terrains Core and Maps, and 3den Enhanced.

Thanks.
L

Hello! :icon5:

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you sure you did it right?

Did you remove the "//" in front of the setting(s) ( variable ) and set it to False?

Yes have been noticed about this A.I. static animation behaviour.

Last time i tryed it everything works as expected but i will test again.

4 hours ago, Viell said:

Good day everyone. I apologize for my possibly terrible english.

Dear author, thanks for the wonderful mod, this is really very cool!

I have a small problem - my soldiers stubbornly ignore static weapons - guns and mortars ...

And also - is your mod compatible with TPW MOD?

Don't worry it's fine. :icon2:

Your own soldiers? You mean you are the leader of an A.I. group.

If that's the case T.C.L. does not affect A.I. lead by player(s).

About compatibility.

It should but i don't know... Never tested it.

Just give it a try and see what happends. :icon5:

1 hour ago, snkman said:

Did you remove the "//" in front of the setting(s) ( variable ) and set it to False?

Oh f.... Well, call me an idiot, haha. Sorry Snkman, I guess that's what happens when you don't play Arma for 3 months...

Anyway, thank you for your work.

1 hour ago, snkman said:

Only thing you could do is to disable the HVT from using any T.C.L. feature(s).

For example:

Create a trigger 100 X 100.

In the text field of the trigger write TCL_Disabled.

Every A.I. created within the trigger area will be disabled automatically.

Hey Machiya! :icon5:

Well spawn A.I. initialize delay can be set in UserConfig > TCL_System.sqf. ( Default 0 )

I also included the side ( EAST / WEST / RESISTANCE ) initialize.

But yes when it comes to Zeus that's pretty much most of what i did so far.

Hello! :icon5:

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you sure you did it right?

Did you remove the "//" in front of the setting(s)? If not it does not work.

Yes have been noticed about this A.I. static animation behaviour.

Last time i tryed it everything works as expected but i will test again.

Don't worry it's fine. :icon2:

Your own soldiers? You mean you are the leader of an A.I. group.

If that's the case T.C.L. does not affect A.I. lead by player(s).

About compatibility.

It should but i don't know... Never tested it.

Just give it a try and see what happends. :icon5:

There's no way to do that in Zeus? I hope there is.

2 hours ago, Lothear said:

Oh f.... Well, call me an idiot, haha. Sorry Snkman, I guess that's what happens when you don't play Arma for 3 months...

Anyway, thank you for your work.

You're welcome. :icon5:

2 hours ago, ISparkle said:

There's no way to do that in Zeus? I hope there is.

Well in this case you would need to create the trigger befor starting the mission.

Another way would be to increase the A.I. spawn initialize time ( UserConfig > TCL > TCL_System.sqf ) which will give you more time to disable the A.I. by using it's init.

This will give you 30 seconds befor A.I. will be initialized by T.C.L.

// ------------------------------------------------------------
      // T.C.L. A.I. Spawn: ( Delay )
      // Choose if initialize of spawned A.I. unit(s) A.I. group(s) and vehicle(s) should be delayed.
      // 0 - 50, default is 0 seconds
        TCL_System set [8, 30];

In the init of the A.I. write:

(group this) setVariable ["TCL_Disabled", True];

1 hour ago, snkman said:

You're welcome. :icon5:

Well in this case you would need to create the trigger befor starting the mission.

Another way would be to increase the A.I. spawn initialize time ( UserConfig > TCL > TCL_System.sqf ) which will give you more time to disable the A.I. by using it's init.

This will give you 30 seconds befor A.I. will be initialized by T.C.L.

// T.C.L. A.I. Spawn: ( Delay )
      // Choose if initialize of spawned A.I. unit(s) A.I. group(s) and vehicle(s) should be delayed.
      // 0 - 50, default is 0 seconds
        TCL_System set [8, 30];

In the init of the A.I. write:

(group this) setVariable ["TCL_Disabled", True];

I will try that. Thanks. :) What about the AIs abandoning their superior firepower statics? I think it's in relations to static_weapons.sqf or so. After that error (when I try to group statics to unit, it seems to happen a lot. Or when static weapons spot enemy), they'd get off of static weapon immediately.

On 6/11/2019 at 4:14 PM, oldy41 said:

@snkman: I think I found another subtle little glitch:

- I set up an opfor camp for indulging myself sneaking in on unsuspecting enemies.

- One of the groups in the camp is made to sit down on the ground using BIS_fnc_ambientAnimCombat.

In particular:   { [_x, "SIT_LOW"] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnimCombat} forEach units grp_1

=> As soon as that group begins to chill on the ground, their comrades in the other opfor groups seem to get upset about their lazy behavior and come running from all sides with weapons ready. They barely refrain from killing their sitting fellows, but keep running around the sitting group for a while, not knowing what to do :).

And, worst of all, they are alarmed now before registering a single real enemy.

I believe this is caused by some specifics of BIS_fnc_ambientAnimCombat:

This function always seems to spawn some blufor entities for displaying the animation, while hiding the original units.

TCL opfor AI then probably registers those spawned blue entities (whatever they are) as threats.

Maybe you can add a check in your code to prevent such entities from being registered as blufor units?

This is really not high prio, but it keeps breaking my little mission. I tried working around it for a while, but to no avail.

Many thanks

A.

Maybe you missed that post 😉

I think it sheds some light on the problem with static animations.

Hi @snkman

I came across your mod today and am hoping it may become my group's all encompassing AI behaviour solution. We are currently using TPWCAS for suppression, however even that is starting to fall by the way side in terms of support.

I look forward to using the full capabilities of your mod, but am most interested in how TCL suppression works. I've read the readme, but I can't seem to see any other information on the mechanics of suppression, or how to possibly adjust it.
Also, may I just clarify, in the readme it states:

The “ A.I. React to Weapon Fire ” and “ A.I. React to Suppressive Fire ” features are restricted to player(s) only!

Does this mean, that players are the only units that can deliver suppressive fire against AI, rather an AI against AI?

Anfo

14 hours ago, ISparkle said:

I will try that. Thanks. :) What about the AIs abandoning their superior firepower statics? I think it's in relations to static_weapons.sqf or so. After that error (when I try to group statics to unit, it seems to happen a lot. Or when static weapons spot enemy), they'd get off of static weapon immediately.

Well the way of how it works right now is that A.I. which use static weapons has a random chance to dismount their static weapon as soon as enemy LOS is lost.

This may will be changed because chance of A.I. is losing LOS is pretty high.

When it comes to mortars there are some more conditions which will be checked.

A.I. which use mortars will dismount if they are not able to shoot ( enemy too close / too far away ) or if any friendly A.I. is within their firing range.

5 hours ago, anfo said:

Hi @snkman

I came across your mod today and am hoping it may become my group's all encompassing AI behaviour solution. We are currently using TPWCAS for suppression, however even that is starting to fall by the way side in terms of support.

I look forward to using the full capabilities of your mod, but am most interested in how TCL suppression works. I've read the readme, but I can't seem to see any other information on the mechanics of suppression, or how to possibly adjust it.
Also, may I just clarify, in the readme it states:

Does this mean, that players are the only units that can deliver suppressive fire against AI, rather an AI against AI?

Anfo

Hi Anfo.

Yes by default player(s) are allowed to suppress A.I. only however if you set any A.I. playable it will be able to use it as well.

Hi Snk 😛

i did more testing today and i got a lot of PTSDs...    not from CQB combats but from your Ai tracking system.

Sabotage and stealth missions are currently impossible ^ ^

your tracking system went a little bit far from my hands and reality more like an horror movie 

however, this is what I've noticed during the tests 

-Ai have unlimited amount of flares.

-Ai pop up flares on the exact location of the player even if they doesn't have LOS or knowsabout player (pretty much poping flares on the exact sound shot location)

-Ai track the players very fast and with huge tracking precession never lost their targets

-if Ai hears single fire shot they already knows where to start tracking directly which means no chance for the players to escape or react during Stealth missions and they dont split to track just moving to the exact fire shot location 

-running away from Ai is impossible he will keep tracking till he got the player down... he was following me for 2Km and hardly escaped by climbing a huge Rock (Ai have issues with Hights though 😛)

-taking cover from Ai when they track is impossible except in hights or above huge objects 

-Ai sometimes can see through smoke at night time ?! 

-Ai have the same ability in day time as at night time from Tracking, accuracy, hearing...etc which makes them overpowered than players 

i will do more testing but not on the tracking system anymore I got enough PTSDs these days 😨

• Like 1

On 7/7/2019 at 9:25 PM, AirShark said:

Hi Snk 😛

i did more testing today and i got a lot of PTSDs...    not from CQB combats but from your Ai tracking system.

Sabotage and stealth missions are currently impossible ^ ^

your tracking system went a little bit far from my hands and reality more like an horror movie 

however, this is what I've noticed during the tests 

-Ai have unlimited amount of flares.

-Ai pop up flares on the exact location of the player even if they doesn't have LOS or knowsabout player (pretty much poping flares on the exact sound shot location)

-Ai track the players very fast and with huge tracking precession never lost their targets

-if Ai hears single fire shot they already knows where to start tracking directly which means no chance for the players to escape or react during Stealth missions and they dont split to track just moving to the exact fire shot location 

-running away from Ai is impossible he will keep tracking till he got the player down... he was following me for 2Km and hardly escaped by climbing a huge Rock (Ai have issues with Hights though 😛)

-taking cover from Ai when they track is impossible except in hights or above huge objects 

-Ai sometimes can see through smoke at night time ?! 

-Ai have the same ability in day time as at night time from Tracking, accuracy, hearing...etc which makes them overpowered than players 

i will do more testing but not on the tracking system anymore I got enough PTSDs these days 😨

Hey AirShark! :icon2:

Oh i'm sorry for that. Really wasn't in my mind to do so...

Well you can change the "Tracking" behaviour to make A.I. loose their enemy position knowledge almost after loosing LOS.

UserConfig > TCL > TCL_IQ.sqf

// ==============================================================
  // T.C.L. A.I. I.Q. Knowledge: ( Duration )
  // ==============================================================
  // Choose value of how fast A.I. group(s) should loose knowledge about their enemy(s) after loosing line of sight.
  // Note: 0 = Very fast / 7 = Very slow
  // Description: If this value was set to 0 A.I. group(s) without line of sight to their enemy(s) will almost instantly loose all their enemy(s) knowledge and enemy(s) position accuracy.
  // 0 - 7, default is 3
     TCL_IQ set [2, 0];

Change 3 to 0 and the tracking should be gone or at least pretty much minimized to 10 - 15 seconds.

Personally i like the way of giving A.I. the chance to hunt you down for quite some time.

All previouse A.I. mods ( GL2 / GL2 Plus / GL3 / GL4 ) they had 3 - 4 times more aggressive tracking behaviour because we did not have the commands to make A.I. forget about their enemy(s).

Yes A.I. and rocks / mountains...

This really is damn anoying... If A.I. have to move through any of those areas they are sometimes unable to calculate / re-calculate their movement path to get around rocks / mountains and in this case just keep standing where ever they are not moving anymore.

This is something i already wasted too much time with just to find out there is no proper solution for this or at least not in every single situation.

Well hope the T.C.L. A.I. I.Q. Knowledge: ( Duration ) setting change will help you to get rid of the PTSDs. :icon2:

Hey snkman,

Just want to say I think your mod is best on the market for ai enhancement. I also think the way you get back at comments of concerns or questions very admirable so keep up the good work. 

I was just curious if you had a predefined configuration for single player missions where way point following is critical. Ive messed around with the config files but I was wondering if you had some advice on which settings to change to make the ai more likely to follow move markers while also using your extraordinary enhancements to move from cover to cover and be more aggressive. 

Seriously though, great work

Hi Snkman

Still getting my brain around all the features of TCL. Possibly testing the system in it's most basic form this Sunday all going well. May I still clarify something please?
I've opted for the script version and was wondering, is the userconfig folder redundant now? If this is so, as per page 3 of readme pdf, can I still add new settings to init.sqf as you've demonstrated below? What folder are these called from instead of userconfig?

Example: ( Init.sqf ) 

TCL_Debug = [False, True, True, True, False, True, False]; 

TCL_Initialize = True; 

22 hours ago, tyreyalv said:

Hey snkman,

Just want to say I think your mod is best on the market for ai enhancement. I also think the way you get back at comments of concerns or questions very admirable so keep up the good work. 

I was just curious if you had a predefined configuration for single player missions where way point following is critical. Ive messed around with the config files but I was wondering if you had some advice on which settings to change to make the ai more likely to follow move markers while also using your extraordinary enhancements to move from cover to cover and be more aggressive. 

Seriously though, great work

Thanks tyreyalv! :icon5: Glad to hear you enjoy it.

No sorry there is nothing like this.

If you like to play missions as they are ( without editing them ) there is no way to add special behaviour(s) to any specific A.I. unit(s) / group(s).

If you are able to edit the mission(s) you could use:

A.I. group composition field:

this setVariable ["TCL_Freeze", True];

To exclude specific A.I. group(s) from the main A.I. movement system.

Hope this is what you are looking for?

3 hours ago, anfo said:

Hi Snkman

Still getting my brain around all the features of TCL. Possibly testing the system in it's most basic form this Sunday all going well. May I still clarify something please?
I've opted for the script version and was wondering, is the userconfig folder redundant now? If this is so, as per page 3 of readme pdf, can I still add new settings to init.sqf as you've demonstrated below? What folder are these called from instead of userconfig?

Example: ( Init.sqf ) 

TCL_Debug = [False, True, True, True, False, True, False]; 

TCL_Initialize = True; 

Hi anfo,

nope even with the script based version settings from the UserConfig folder will be used.

The script based version of T.C.L. was made to allow clients to join a game without any AddOns ( @TCL ) requirement.

If client(s) without @TCL and UserConfig > TCL folder join a script based T.C.L. mission they will use / load the default T.C.L. database settings.

However writing the settings directly in the Init.sqf of the mission(s) will make sure every connected client use the same settings.

All settings are stored in the TCL_System > TCL > TCL_Database folder those are the default setting which are used if nothing else was set by UserConfig or Init.sqf.

As soon as you define any of the setting array(s) in the Init.sqf given setting from the TCL_Database folder will be skipped because it already was found / created in the Init.sqf.

In the example above the TCL_Debug setting array was created in the Init.sqf which will make the mod skip loading the TCL_System > TCL_Database > TCL_Debug.sqf setting file.

I know very confusing stuff... :icon1:

Hey snkman,

loving your AI Mod. It's running really good in our liberation mission.

I got a few suggestions:

Could you add a waypoint system, so that mission makers can give ai orders and let the waypoints be scripted to use certain AI features (e.g. TCL_Hold).

At the moment i have to disable all waypoints generated by the mission for the ai because it generates fuck up.

Also i noticed sometimes ai will not do idle stuff (i set it to 100% chance) when using TCL_hold. The will just stand around and do nothing until engaged or the noticed the enemey.

Kind regards,

Dragon

22 hours ago, snkman said:

The script based version of T.C.L. was made to allow clients to join a game without any AddOns ( @TCL ) requirement. 

Hi again. I'm still a little confused with what seems like a contradiction. As page 3 of ReadMe states:

Tactical Combat Link can be installed on the local hosted / dedicated server only. 
In this case clients which join the host / dedicated server and do not have Tactical Combat Link installed won't be able to use the Explosion F.X. and Sound F.X. features. 

You say there is a client AddOn requirement, but the ReadMe says there isn't? 😕 Hope I'm not looking argumentative and I do appreciate your responses! 😀

On 7/17/2019 at 10:33 AM, Dragon_GER said:

Hey snkman,

loving your AI Mod. It's running really good in our liberation mission.

I got a few suggestions:

Could you add a waypoint system, so that mission makers can give ai orders and let the waypoints be scripted to use certain AI features (e.g. TCL_Hold).

At the moment i have to disable all waypoints generated by the mission for the ai because it generates fuck up.

Also i noticed sometimes ai will not do idle stuff (i set it to 100% chance) when using TCL_hold. The will just stand around and do nothing until engaged or the noticed the enemey.

Kind regards,

Dragon

Thanks! :icon5:

Sorry i don't really get what you mean with the waypoints?

You mean to not use the T.C.L. A.I. movement system if A.I. has any usermade waypoints?

I.d.l.e. stuff?

There is not too much I.d.l.e. stuff building garrison and area observation only.

B.t.w. Did you have any chance to test the Headless Client stuff? Does it work?

19 hours ago, anfo said:

Hi again. I'm still a little confused with what seems like a contradiction. As page 3 of ReadMe states:

Tactical Combat Link can be installed on the local hosted / dedicated server only. 
In this case clients which join the host / dedicated server and do not have Tactical Combat Link installed won't be able to use the Explosion F.X. and Sound F.X. features. 

You say there is a client AddOn requirement, but the ReadMe says there isn't? 😕 Hope I'm not looking argumentative and I do appreciate your responses! 😀

No problem i will try to explain it a bit more detailed. :icon2:

If you use it script based there is no Addon / Mod requirement but the TCL Sound F.X. and TCL Explosion F.X. feature(s) will be disabled for every client without @TCL installed becouse those feature(s) require the TCL_Sound.pbo.

If someone joins your script based mission with @TCL installed those features will be available for this person because he has loaded the @TCL ( TCL_Sound.pbo ).

Long story short... If you host a script based T.C.L. mission and someone connect to it with @TCL installed all features will be available for this person ( client ).

If another person connect to the mission without @TCL installed the TCL Sound F.X. and T.C.L. Explosion F.X. feature(s) will be disabled for this person ( client ).

In multiplayer 97% - 99% ( all A.I. stuff ) is Server / Dedicated side only.

The rest 1% - 3% in multiplayer is client side only which mainly includes the TCL Sound F.X. and TCL Explosion F.X. stuff.

15 hours ago, snkman said:

Thanks! :icon5:

Sorry i don't really get what you mean with the waypoints?

You mean to not use the T.C.L. A.I. movement system if A.I. has any usermade waypoints?

I.d.l.e. stuff?

There is not too much I.d.l.e. stuff building garrison and area observation only.

B.t.w. Did you have any chance to test the Headless Client stuff? Does it work?

No problem i will try to explain it a bit more detailed. :icon2:

If you use it script based there is no Addon / Mod requirement but the TCL Sound F.X. and TCL Explosion F.X. feature(s) will be disabled for every client without @TCL installed becouse those feature(s) require the TCL_Sound.pbo.

If someone joins your script based mission with @TCL installed those features will be available for this person because he has loaded the @TCL ( TCL_Sound.pbo ).

Long story short... If you host a script based T.C.L. mission and someone connect to it with @TCL installed all features will be available for this person ( client ).

If another person connect to the mission without @TCL installed the TCL Sound F.X. and T.C.L. Explosion F.X. feature(s) will be disabled for this person ( client ).

In multiplayer 97% - 99% ( all A.I. stuff ) is Server / Dedicated side only.

The rest 1% - 3% in multiplayer is client side only which mainly includes the TCL Sound F.X. and TCL Explosion F.X. stuff.

Ok, so if it is just the clientside FX that the clients will miss out on, we can keep using the script version which still gives, as you say, 97 - 99% of TCL's A.I. enhancements. I also confirm that if the script (or mod version on server only) is used, then a userconfig folder is required with -filepatching?

Hey, I love the mod.

So glad to ditch alive, Alive was a great mod but it tried to do too many things, which made it contrast with vanilla features destroying the feel of the game. (Opinion, lol i am amazed at ALIVE still and people should still utilize it. I think the mod and alive are compatible as well, Best of both worlds)

With caching and unit spawning by arma 3, and your mod.... making a lively world now flawlessly blends into the vanilla game. Couldn't thank you enough.

On the side note, do you know what i could do about morale and retreating? Are you eventually going to implement that?

Your mod makes the AI so responsive, that in zeus i was just appalled by the amount of dead bodies everywhere.

The helicopters are a bit suicidal, and will even just hover almost like they are waiting to get shot down, I think i had to tell the pilot to land both times in zeus.

Sometimes when they try to land, i think its way too close to the action. Are little birds and Chinooks treated the same? because both as a transport would probably require different approaches to dropping troops off in the field.

I can see big helicopters landing troops near the action, but small ones should land much farther, and give the small amount passengers that they have a chance to approach the action in a clever/sneaky way.

(I was playing in arma 3 development mode on the new map; I haven't tested the mod by it self on a standard map)

Few ideas that you are free to ignore.

It would be cool if dead bodies and wrecks were taken into consideration, making the AI avoid any areas with massive amounts of em.

Squads probably shouldn't fight till the last man, squads should kinda have "health". If you spawn a 6 player squad and it gets down to 2 players, I wouldn't blame the squad for dismissing it self, wandering away from the enemy, and then eventually joining another squad later.

I kinda wish there was a sentry / guard / cavalry escalation. Hetman had something like this.

I just like the idea of the AI utilizing Scout units to get a "feel" for the whole map, they should be sneaky and not engage unless fired at (snipers take one or three shots at a squad, and then run into the forrests).

Then the guards come in and will utilize the information gathered to move fronts or plan attacks.

Everything else is just there for support.

Of course the reason I'm telling you this is because AI mods don't work well together, so its best to just pick one.

Anyway I'm sure what ever direction you decided to go in will be worthwhile, Looking forward to seeing future updates!

On 7/18/2019 at 2:44 PM, anfo said:

Ok, so if it is just the clientside FX that the clients will miss out on, we can keep using the script version which still gives, as you say, 97 - 99% of TCL's A.I. enhancements. I also confirm that if the script (or mod version on server only) is used, then a userconfig folder is required with -filepatching?

A.I. features will be 100% even if script based is used.

Guess 3% of T.C.L. is none A.I. stuff which may will or will not work depending on if connected clients have installed ( @TCL ).

If no UserConfig > TCL was found the default settings will be used.

No -filePatching = No UserConfig usage but there should be no error even with -filePatching enabled because the mod checks if the folder exists befor it gets executed.

On 7/18/2019 at 10:30 PM, sprucewaine said:

Hey, I love the mod.

So glad to ditch alive, Alive was a great mod but it tried to do too many things, which made it contrast with vanilla features destroying the feel of the game. (Opinion, lol i am amazed at ALIVE still and people should still utilize it. I think the mod and alive are compatible as well, Best of both worlds)

With caching and unit spawning by arma 3, and your mod.... making a lively world now flawlessly blends into the vanilla game. Couldn't thank you enough.

On the side note, do you know what i could do about morale and retreating? Are you eventually going to implement that?

Your mod makes the AI so responsive, that in zeus i was just appalled by the amount of dead bodies everywhere.

The helicopters are a bit suicidal, and will even just hover almost like they are waiting to get shot down, I think i had to tell the pilot to land both times in zeus.

Sometimes when they try to land, i think its way too close to the action. Are little birds and Chinooks treated the same? because both as a transport would probably require different approaches to dropping troops off in the field.

I can see big helicopters landing troops near the action, but small ones should land much farther, and give the small amount passengers that they have a chance to approach the action in a clever/sneaky way.

(I was playing in arma 3 development mode on the new map; I haven't tested the mod by it self on a standard map)

Few ideas that you are free to ignore.

It would be cool if dead bodies and wrecks were taken into consideration, making the AI avoid any areas with massive amounts of em.

Squads probably shouldn't fight till the last man, squads should kinda have "health". If you spawn a 6 player squad and it gets down to 2 players, I wouldn't blame the squad for dismissing it self, wandering away from the enemy, and then eventually joining another squad later.

I kinda wish there was a sentry / guard / cavalry escalation. Hetman had something like this.

I just like the idea of the AI utilizing Scout units to get a "feel" for the whole map, they should be sneaky and not engage unless fired at (snipers take one or three shots at a squad, and then run into the forrests).

Then the guards come in and will utilize the information gathered to move fronts or plan attacks.

Everything else is just there for support.

Of course the reason I'm telling you this is because AI mods don't work well together, so its best to just pick one.

Anyway I'm sure what ever direction you decided to go in will be worthwhile, Looking forward to seeing future updates!

Hey thanks! :icon5:

Yes it happend very quickly that stuff get out of hand or grow to a much too big monster. Facing sometthing similar right now as well... :icon1:

Helicopters are very unique when it comes to their combat behaviour.

Its really hard to force them to do something after detecting enemy(s) ( 50% ) chance they do or not do what told them by scripts.

So far i do not use any landing position to force the helicopter to land at from my experiance its best to let the helicopter choose where to land this prevents the helicopter to land too close to trees or any other object he could collide with but this also sometimes will make it to land very close to their enemy(s).

Can't really say how it will all end but since some weeks i once again started from scratch.

Don't really like this lazy slow A.I. movement i prefer some hunting A.I. just like back in O.F.P. times. :icon2:

• Like 1

@snkman About the hc stuff, i tested it yesterday on my server and it seems to work. I will let you know if i encounter any errors.

On 7/23/2019 at 2:10 PM, snkman said:

If no UserConfig > TCL was found the default settings will be used.

No -filePatching = No UserConfig usage but there should be no error even with -filePatching enabled because the mod checks if the folder exists before it gets executed.

Thanks @snkman. Also I appreciate your patience in responding to my dummie questions. 😀  Hopefully this might provide feedback on information that could be changed in the manual which I found initially difficult to grasp. Another setup question if I may, if I opt for the mod version for both server and clients, will clients also need a userconfig folder and filepatching enabled as well?

On 7/24/2019 at 12:22 PM, Dragon_GER said:

@snkman About the hc stuff, i tested it yesterday on my server and it seems to work. I will let you know if i encounter any errors.

Many thanks! :thumbs-up:

On 7/25/2019 at 9:15 AM, anfo said:

Thanks @snkman. Also I appreciate your patience in responding to my dummie questions. 😀  Hopefully this might provide feedback on information that could be changed in the manual which I found initially difficult to grasp. Another setup question if I may, if I opt for the mod version for both server and clients, will clients also need a userconfig folder and filepatching enabled as well?

Sure no worry there are no dumb questions! :icon5:

Guess they don't need it.

No filePatching = no UserConfig usage / readings.

T.C.L. checks if filePatching was enabled if not the UserConfig reading will be skipped and the default settings will be used.

Default settings will be created in any case without a default setting database there would be no values the mod could work with.