snkman

Tactical Combat Link - TypeX

Thanks. :icon5:

1.) Accuracy:

Well the settings which are used by default are the ARMA 3 settings slightly increased.

If you feel like they are too weak you can change them now.

UserConfig > TCL > TCL_System.sqf

// ------------------------------------------------------------
      // T.C.L. A.I. Skills: ( Divider )
      // Choose A.I. unit(s) skill divider.
      // Description: 0 = Highly skilled A.I. / 7 = ARMA 3 default skilled A.I.
      // 0 - 7, default is 5
        // TCL_System set [6, 5];

You could try changing it to 3 for example and see how it works for you.

2.) Engagements:

Yes the A.I. combat behaviour is much more careful now.

This can be changed to something much more aggressive as well.

UserConfig > TCL > TCL_Tweak.sqf

// ==============================================================
  // T.C.L. A.I. Behaviour: ( Chance )
  // ==============================================================
  // Choose the chance between "AWARE" and "COMBAT" A.I. group(s) combat behaviour.
  // Note: If this value was set to 100 A.I. group(s) will always use "AWARE" behaviour.
  // 0 - 100, default is 0% ( v.1.0.27 = 35% )
    // TCL_Tweak set [0, 0];

Change 0 to 35 or even 50 and A.I. group(s) will randomly use "AWARE" behaviour instead of "COMBAT" behaviour.

"COMBAT" behaviour is pretty good if you prefer slower more static and tactical combat situations.

If you like to feel hunted "AWARE" is the way to go.

Another setting which controles A.I. engagement behaviour:

// T.C.L. A.I. Push: ( Chance )
    // Choose chance of how A.I. group(s) should be able to push their enemy(s) if within the T.C.L. A.I. Push and Stop: ( Distance ) defined above.
    // Note: Higher value means higher chance of A.I. group(s) pushing their enemy(s).
    // 0 - 100, default is 50% ( v.1.0.27 = 75% )
      // TCL_Tweak set [2, 50];

Try 75 instead of 50.

4.) Explosions:

Well this feature was made to make A.I. aware of vehicle explosions just like the A.I. Weapon Reaction feature.

If A.I. hear a vehicle explosion nearby they may will walk to where the explosion came from. ( This feature is used by A.I. group(s) without enemy contact only. )

5.) Turrets:

Thanks. :icon2:

6.) Big birds:

Nope i did not finish this... So right now there is no size check.

7.) A.I. controle:

I do not touch A.I. unit(s) / group(s) controlled by a player.

T.C.L. will affect A.I. with A.I. leader(s) only!

8. + 9. are you talking about A.I. lead by player? If yes see 7. :icon1:

10.) Prioritize:

Well guess the Taru simply was closer to the requesting A.I. group as the Kajman.

A.I. reinforcement(s) will be requested by distance closest to the requesting A.I. group(s) always comes first.

11.) Airborn:

True.

I've already seen this sometimes... Don't know what exactly happens there but somehow some A.I. pilots are kind of cowards changing their mind in last second.

This is very randomly and rare so hard to tell what makes them behave like this but i will keep watching.

...i forgot the other things i think I'm getting to old, i will try to remember them later  >_>

No rush take your time! :icon5:

( System ) Monitor: Added array monitoring script to keep frequently used array(s) small and clean of dead A.I. unit(s).

This has nothing to do with physical dead unit(s) it's about coding / and code performance.

Sometimes array(s) contains things which are not needed ( Dead unit(s) ) and which will expand them.

If you check an array it will go through each element the array contains given on what you are doing with the array.

The less elements an array contains the better in terms of code performance because there is less to check.

• Like 1

8. + 9. are you talking about A.I. lead by player? If yes see 7.

no im talking about Ai in general ^ ^

10.) Priorize:

Well guess the Taru simply was closer to the requesting A.I. group as the Kajman.

A.I. reinforcement(s) will be requested by distance closest to the requesting A.I. group(s) always comes first.

don't you think that prioritizing the armed vehicles first to be requested in combat... im mean its Logic why calling empty Taru while you can call Gunship ?  :icon1:

accuracy and engaments

thanks for the tips ^ ^

4.) Explosions:

Well this feature was made to make A.I. aware of vehicle explosions just like the A.I. Weapon Reaction feature.

If A.I. hear a vehicle explosion nearby they may will walk to where the explosion came from. ( This feature is used by A.I. group(s) without enemy contact only. )

can you add an option to deactivate it... this has disadvantages more than advantages because it will prioritize hearing than watching

i found it a little bit off.. i mean why they travel all the way  to see a wreck while there is combats going around... i prefaire pushing them to combats in order to support the other groups 😛 

maybe good but only when they don't have visuals on the location of the explosion 

11.) Airborn:

True.

I've already seen this sometimes... Don't know what exactly happens there but somehow some A.I. pilots are kind of cowards changing their mind in last second.

This is very randomly and rare so hard to tell what makes them behave like this but i will keep watching.

I will do more tests about it... later ^ ^

7.) A.I. controle:

I do not touch A.I. unit(s) / group(s) controlled by a player.

T.C.L. will affect A.I. with A.I. leader(s) only!

could be an issue with my other mods maybe... however, they don't have any relation with Ai 😛

one thing  i tested today which actually surprised me...  is the capabilities of the Ai during night time 

in Arma 2 the Ai skills like the spotting time/distance are reduced during night time the same for accuracy...  unlike Arma 3 where you can get sniped from miles away by Ai even if they are not using night visions... its really weird where an Ai without night vision can spot you very fast while you cant do the same to them and sometimes even when using NVGs/Thermals 

Ai is overpowered during night time with incredible super vision :icon1: 

EDIT:

I have some Errors that pop up for some reason...  though I don't know why I'm the only one getting those... they appear even when none other mods loaded  >_>

pictures:

https://imgur.com/fmHVzfp

https://imgur.com/yy9xtoZ

https://imgur.com/EnUbyHZ

https://imgur.com/kqGpq2r

2 hours ago, AirShark said:

don't you think that prioritizing the armed vehicles first to be requested in combat... im mean its Logic why calling empty Taru while you can call Gunship ?  :icon1:

Yes it would indeed be more logical this way and the reason why i was thinking of excluding none armed helicopter(s) without cargo unit(s) from being requested.

Guess i have to re-think about it. :headscratch:

can you add an option to deactivate it... this has disadvantages more than advantages because it will prioritize hearing than watching

Sure will do.

maybe good but only when they don't have visuals on the location of the explosion 

Yes this was the main idea behind it. :icon2:

EDIT:

I have some Errors that pop up for some reason...  though I don't know why I'm the only one getting those... they appear even when none other mods loaded  >_>

Strange i had none of them during the whole time working on the mod.

Do you use any "TCL_Hold" A.I. group(s) in this mission?

2 hours ago, AirShark said:

don't you think that prioritizing the armed vehicles first to be requested in combat... im mean its Logic why calling empty Taru while you can call Gunship ?  

Yes it would indeed be more logical this way and the reason why i was thinking of excluding none armed helicopter(s) without cargo unit(s) from being requested.

Guess i have to re-think about it. 

but also will remove the nice feature that I discovered today.. Air relation between Recon and Armed helicopters, which is impressively realistic and good for milsim gameplay, if you can't find a script to prioritize it I think we shall forget about it and keep planing for the size check 😛

i mean if the Ai is not capable of the enemy after calling the Recon Heli they will call the gunship for it .. :headscratch:

EDIT: actually it makes a lot of sense the Ai group need to locate the enemy with the Recon helicopter first before calling the gunship to check and confirm the hostiles and their destination as well as collecting the necessary informations I think it's great as it is... I feel soo idiot to think the opposite while I already explained it above yesterday Moreover that's how they do it in real life anyway :tounge_o:

Strange i had none of them during the whole time working on the mod.

Do you use any "TCL_Hold" A.I. group(s) in this mission?

i think i will reinstall the whole game... none mission loaded just placing units in the editor :sulk:

1 hour ago, AirShark said:

but also will remove the nice feature that I discovered today.. Air relation between Recon and Armed helicopters, which is impressively realistic and good for milsim gameplay, if you can't find a script to prioritize it I think we shall forget about it and keep planing for the size check 😛

Nope not removing it completely but changing the way of how it works or at least to make sure none armed none cargo unit(s) A.I. helicopters are not the only requested reinforcement(s).

Well it depends on the situation as already said recon helicopters can do a pretty good job by keeping track of enemy movement especially in urban and woodland areas.

i think i will reinstall the whole game... none mission loaded just placing units in the editor

If that's the case than yes would be better to do so i guess... :icon1:

Well there are 2 more feature(s) which make A.I. behave very defensive.

As you already discovered A.I. use a lot of cover which will reduce their engagement as well.

You could lower some of the A.I. cover usage probabilities to make A.I. use less cover which will make them push forward much faster.

UserConfig > TCL > TCL_Feature.sqf

// T.C.L. A.I. Take Cover: ( Chance )
    // Choose chance of how A.I. should be able to use cover.
    // 0 - 100, default is 50%
      // TCL_Feature set [16, 50];

Try 35 instead of 50.

// T.C.L. A.I. Take Cover: Cover to Cover ( Chance )
    // Choose chance of how A.I. should be able to use cover to cover movement.
    // 0 - 100, default is 50%
      // TCL_Feature set [18, 50];

Same here try 35 instead of 50.

If you changes all those and above settings it should turn A.I. from very defensive to very aggressive. :icon1:

To me those settings are the most important onse because they can turn A.I. in almost everything you like.

Hi snkman -been some time since just sat back and played but this looks really promising. Curious can you set Leaders level of aggressiveness on the fly (such as variable) or is it predetermined in the Userconfig?

Hi froggy! :icon5:

Well i'm used to focuse A.I. group(s) which use combatMode "RED" to be more aggressive.

T.C.L. will randomly set combatMode "YELLOW" or "RED" once enemy(s) are detected.

So if you like to force specific A.I. groups(s) to be more aggressive just change their combatMode to "RED" in the editor.

T.C.L. will detect if combatMode "RED" already was set by mission designer and in this case skip the random combatMode assignement.

Nope not removing it completely but changing the way of how it works or at least to make sure none armed none cargo unit(s) A.I. helicopters are not the only requested reinforcement(s).

Well it depends on the situation as already said recon helicopters can do a pretty good job by keeping track of enemy movement especially in urban and woodland areas.

I was actually thinking about knowsAbout and knowledge commands to be used with this...

A script that checks knowsAbout and knowledge for the Ai group(s) leader that will request the reinforcements,  in order to make him calling armed or recon vehicle first :headscratch:

...that would make more sense I guess 😛

ex: if Ai  knowsAbout about target >0.4 will call Recon Vehicle

if Ai  knowsAbout about target 1 will call an armed Vehicle  :headscratch:

i will try it with specific units to test how it works ^ ^

7 hours ago, b0s said:

Thank you snkman for the update!

Got these 2 errors. Although these are with a bunch of mods (no other AI mods). Noticed AI getting stuck into a get in/get out of vehicle loop.
https://imgur.com/VRdVNBt

https://imgur.com/vCDm2bM

You're welcome. :icon5:

Those script errors are really strange... Did they appear right from the start or later?

Edit: Damn it... Found what caused the 2. script errors... Thanks for the report! :thumbs-up:

Guess i found all of them... That's what i call a successful properly working release... Will fix them and re-upload... :icon12:

5 hours ago, AirShark said:

I was actually thinking about knowsAbout and knowledge commands to be used with this...

A script that checks knowsAbout and knowledge for the Ai group(s) leader that will request the reinforcements,  in order to make him calling armed or recon vehicle first :headscratch:

...that would make more sense I guess 😛

ex: if Ai  knowsAbout about target >0.4 will call Recon Vehicle

if Ai  knowsAbout about target 1 will call an armed Vehicle  :headscratch:

i will try it with specific units to test how it works ^ ^

Well knowsAbout command is kind of useless for this task.

Most of the time there will be no 0.x values and if maybe for 5 - 10 seconds max. depending on visibility and distance A.I. has to its enemy(s).

Most of the time A.I. get 1 - 1.5 knowledge and even this will rise to 3 and 4 within seconds.

Well knowsAbout command is kind of useless for this task.

Most of the time there will be no 0.x values and if maybe for 5 - 10 seconds max. depending on visibility and distance A.I. has to its enemy(s).

Most of the time A.I. get 1 - 1.5 knowledge and even this will rise to 3 and 4 within seconds.

i see... ^ ^

how about line of sight (LOS) command instead, like in the static turrets...

Logically if the Ai don't have visuals on the enemy means they don't know about it... and if they do they may knows depends on the distance  (i guess)

also the behaviour... if they are in combat they probably knows and vice versa  😛

Thank you snkman for the update!

Got these 2 errors. Although these are with a bunch of mods (no other AI mods). Noticed AI getting stuck into a get in/get out of vehicle loop.
https://imgur.com/VRdVNBt

https://imgur.com/vCDm2bM

You're welcome. 

Those script errors are really strange... Did they appear right from the start or later?

Edit: Damn it... Found what caused the 2. script errors... Thanks for the report! 

Guess i found all of them... That's what i call a successful properly working release... Will fix them and re-upload... 

so I'm, not the only one, after all, >_> ... thankfully i didn't reinstall the game yet

i see... ^ ^

how about line of sight (LOS) command instead, like in the static turrets...

Logically if the Ai don't have visuals on the enemy means they don't know about it... and if they do they may knows depends on the distance  (i guess)

also the behaviour... if they are in combat they probably knows and vice versa  😛

Well LOS is a bit tricky as well. :icon2:

There is nothing to exactly tell if A.I. has line of sight the way you may think it would be had to teach it myself the hard way of how to do this as good as possible.

LOS can be blocked by any object wall / bush / tree / house other unit(s) which are right in front of the other and in this case their enemy(s) knowledge will stay of course but LOS will return false.

The way of how i decide if A.I. should have real knowledge about their enemy(s) is a mix of knowsAbout LOS and A.I. engine based detections.

Once A.I. group(s) behaviour was changed to COMBAT they will use it forever.

so I'm, not the only one, after all, >_> ... thankfully i didn't reinstall the game yet

Yes you were right. :icon2:

Hello, it's been a good change of pace with AI using this mod. Thanks for that. Though, I do have a question... how can you make AIs stay in the garrisoned building so that they stop falling off the tower or so. I have noticed that if there's a tower like structure, they tend to try to walk over the wall to fall to their death. I would love to prevent them from falling to their death.

Hi)

I have this error. what could it be?

7lL__QOmggA.jpg

17 hours ago, ISparkle said:

Hello, it's been a good change of pace with AI using this mod. Thanks for that. Though, I do have a question... how can you make AIs stay in the garrisoned building so that they stop falling off the tower or so. I have noticed that if there's a tower like structure, they tend to try to walk over the wall to fall to their death. I would love to prevent them from falling to their death.

Thanks ISparkle. :icon5:

Yes i discovered this by random chance and very rarely myself as well.

I did some tests right now with buildings which have multiple higher levels available including airport towers but so far if A.I. had the chance to reach any higer level of the building they get to ground level safety wihout falling from top of the building.

Where exactly did you discover this behaviour? Which kind of building is it?

2 hours ago, 0Y0 said:

Hi)

I have this error. what could it be?

7lL__QOmggA.jpg

Hi 0Y0. :icon5:

Looks like this is something triggered by the A.I. healing feature.

Don't wanna to say it's not the fault of T.C.L. anymore... :icon2: But i guess you used T.C.L. combined with you mod Project injury reaction?

If yes do you by any chance change / modify the A.I. HitPointDamage "hitlegs" value / config in any way?

Well i use this value to find out if A.I.s legs are heavily injured which will prevent them from moving properly and in this case allow them to self-heal.

The _damage variable returns error which is kind of strange?

Yes, I use it with a PiR)

Parameter "HitPointDamage" did not change) As far as I can remember)

But my mod removes all IFAK.  Maybe it could affect?

1 hour ago, snkman said:

Thanks ISparkle. :icon5:

Yes i discovered this by random chance and very rarely myself as well.

I did some tests right now with buildings which have multiple higher levels available including airport towers but so far if A.I. had the chance to reach any higer level of the building they get to ground level safety wihout falling from top of the building.

Where exactly did you discover this behaviour? Which kind of building is it?

Hi 0Y0. :icon5:

Looks like this is something triggered by the A.I. healing feature.

Don't wanna to say it's not the fault of T.C.L. anymore... :icon2: But i guess you used T.C.L. combined with you mod Project injury reaction?

If yes do you by any chance change / modify the A.I. HitPointDamage "hitlegs" value / config in any way?

Well i use this value to find out if A.I.s legs are heavily injured which will prevent them from moving properly and in this case allow them to self-heal.

The _damage variable returns error which is kind of strange?

I think it happens on castle towers and just in general on the walls. AIs would try to ungarrison themselves at the moment they are called. Only for them to fall to their death. Also, any way in particular to hopefully make it not override garrison feature from Achilles? I'd love to know. Other than those, AIs are great!

I checked. Most likely not because of my mod.
I will go through all the mods that I have installed. When I find, I will write)

Awesome AI mod, thanks for the hard work!

I do wonder, is it possible to fine-tune the individual AI skills, such as aiming accuracy, and reaction time? VCOM and ASRAI3 allow that on a side basis, and also for individual factions. What are the skills being set to currently?

I ask this because I like to run missions with my faction AI set to very high skill, behaving similar to human players. High accuracy, spotting, quick reactions. Whereas, I make enemy militia AI much less accurate, slower reaction time, poorer at spotting etc. The logic being my SF type squad should usually spot first, shoot further, more accurately, and win in a CQB situation. Which I find very hard to simulate with vanilla AI settings.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, ISparkle said:

I think it happens on castle towers and just in general on the walls. AIs would try to ungarrison themselves at the moment they are called. Only for them to fall to their death. Also, any way in particular to hopefully make it not override garrison feature from Achilles? I'd love to know. Other than those, AIs are great!

Sounds like you are using Zeus A.I. right?

Well the only way which comes to my mind right now would be to give A.I. group which should say in the building a waypoint right after you created them.

This will exclude them from T.C.L. movement system and T.C.L. garrison feature.

So theoretically this should be the perfect solution for you but i don't know how the garrison feature of Achilles works so you have to try and find out. :icon5:

3 hours ago, 0Y0 said:

I checked. Most likely not because of my mod.
I will go through all the mods that I have installed. When I find, I will write)

Thanks! :icon5:

1 hour ago, Mifune.N said:

Awesome AI mod, thanks for the hard work!

I do wonder, is it possible to fine-tune the individual AI skills, such as aiming accuracy, and reaction time? VCOM and ASRAI3 allow that on a side basis, and also for individual factions. What are the skills being set to currently?

I ask this because I like to run missions with my faction AI set to very high skill, behaving similar to human players. High accuracy, spotting, quick reactions. Whereas, I make enemy militia AI much less accurate, slower reaction time, poorer at spotting etc. The logic being my SF type squad should usually spot first, shoot further, more accurately, and win in a CQB situation. Which I find very hard to simulate with vanilla AI settings.

Thanks!

By defaqult A.I. will use the default vanilla A.I. skills slightly increased.

You can change how skilled A.I. should be in the settings "UserConfig > TCL > TCL_System.sqf"

// 0 - 7, default is 5

This setting will increase / decrease all available A.I. skills / sub-skills based on A.I.s default skill level.

But to answer your question no so far individual skill / sub-skill changes are not possible.

// 0 - 7, default is 5

This setting will increase / decrease all available A.I. skills / sub-skills based on A.I.s default skill level.

But to answer your question no so far individual skill / sub-skill changes are not possible.

so any skill changes for units in the editor will be reset to TCL ones ??

It will use the A.I. unit(s) default skill / sub-skill values which includes editor made changes.

So for example if you changed a A.I. unit skill / sub-skill in the editor from 40% to 50% and by using the default T.C.L. skill divider setting ( 5 ) the A.I. unit skill will end up with something like 53% - 57%.

Same goes to all sub-skills.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snkman said:

Sounds like you are using Zeus A.I. right?

Well the only way which comes to my mind right now would be to give A.I. group which should say in the building a waypoint right after you created them.

This will exclude them from T.C.L. movement system and T.C.L. garrison feature.

So theoretically this should be the perfect solution for you but i don't know how the garrison feature of Achilles works so you have to try and find out. :icon5:

You can change how skilled A.I. should be in the settings "UserConfig > TCL > TCL_System.sqf"

// 0 - 7, default is 5

Ah yes. Zeus AI indeed. And I tried that method, works well for armed AIs but seems like unarmed AIs love to run around, making HVT missions a bit of pain. What can I do for that?

@snkman 
Long time since I have had a chance to catch-up... been involved in projects IRL)

Will have a look at TCL this week - like the sound of some of the changes.

Can I ask about the current status of Zeus stuff?
- Are you including units placed after the first 5 secs?

- I see you are with-holding TCL control from units that are given Zeus WP... is this all TCL stuff or just some?