snkman

Tactical Combat Link - TypeX

10 minutes ago, Defunkt said:

God, no, please don't ask that. Basically there are a couple of weirdos eccentrics who keep popping up in ArmA 3 discussions on AI and banging on about their secret-sauce AI 'mix'. You'll eventually find out that these (collections of existing mods by other people) are actually for ArmA 2 and thus not really at all relevant to the current discussion.

A f'n men!!

We all use mods and we're all capable of selecting and combining mods to our own taste. We don't all find it necessary to go into threads for analogous mods and make video comparisons with the work of others. It's bonkers, and frankly bloody rude, even before considering that you're comparing two whole freakin' different generations of the game. It's great you've found a mix of A2 mods you like, just enjoy them and stop trying to beat everybody else over the head with your representation of them as some sort of gold standard. Hardly anyone here plays A2, and it has its own forums, we're in *this* thread to discuss what's possible and developing within A3, now, by snkman.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2019 at 1:47 PM, snkman said:

Yap will be available in the next version which this time will be released much much faster! ( Guess within the next few day's )

Still need some more testing...

You mean the new 1 i posted above?

Well as soon as A.I. loose LOS to their enemy(s) they still will be able to search for their enemy(s) for some time ( 30 - 70 sec. ) by guessing where their enemy(s) may went to and try to find them.

After this time has past the value set in this setting will be randomly and over time subtract ( lower ) the A.I. enemy knowledge.

Max. A.I. enemy knowledge is 4 so by set this value for example to 4 the chance to have A.I. loose their enemy knowledge within 15 - 30 sec. is pretty high!

By default ( Vanilla ARMA ) A.I. will keep up their enemy knowledge for about 3 - 5 minutes depending on several situations ...

With this setting and depending on what it was set to it can reduce this behaviour to 15 - 30 seconds.

So 1 step closer to none super human A.I. :icon1:

Any chance that you could implement a variable that modifies the speed of information sharing for AI?

If radio, then time = [X] minutes +/- [Y] minutes (variable for variety)

If no radio, then check distance to nearest AI:

If nearest AI < 180m (shouting distance) then AI shouts (does such a trigger exist in Arma? is it audible to players?) and nearest AI is alerted within 1 minute

If nearest AI > 180m (shouting distance) then XX% chance AI fights & YY% chance AI runs to nearest higher command (they're more likely to have a radio)

I image that a strike along a line of infantry who have no radio could result in a visible ripple of alerts "Past! Pass the word down line!", where you could see a "shockwave" of AI gradually mobilising.

This would be a significant improvement over the current behaviour, with their instant Skynet-powered awareness and Terminator-style accuracy (1-shotted by rusty AK at 500m).

Can you imagine sniping a patrol only for 1 to survive but start running away shouting to alert a nearby unit? So you have just a few moments to take him down before he alerts his other comrades...

• Like 1

Unfortunately there have been AI mods that have never been released for Arma3, plus they have been kept in certain communities and not given for community access.  snkman is not like this and is sharing with all.  For this we are grateful!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ZackTactical34 said:

You do realize that a heavy component of the mix was GL4 (which is by snkman himself). That’s why I mentioned it with my post to give him due credit. Again, my only intent with my post/video was to show that TCL was incredibly advanced (why do you think I dedicated most of the video showcasing their abilities). Since many people have expressed genuine interest in how the A2 AI Mix behaved and wondered if it worked on A3, I wanted to show that there is an available mod that does the same basic things or better. That’s it.

I wouldn't bother with them ZackTactical, their neither worth the breath or indeed the written words.

If you highlight, as I do, others work, then that is a compliment to those making the mods. I have around 380'ish videos of ai on my channel, all were on there public at one point or other (mostly now un-listed, due to A2 being older), plus many other vidoes on private channels. From the start I have always said the work is done by talented mod/addon/script makers and highlight that. There is nothing wrong with doing that, it gets the word out, then other players can experiment too.

Testing mods, helps the modder pinpoint any problems.

If you took the advice of the person your answering (not worth it), then no one would make an Arma video. More or less all videos show mods of some type.

Plus no one rattles on about it, its just their own paranoia..

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Oh well...

I'm sorry i can't really follow this because i don't really get what it's all about...? :headscratch:

The video posted by ZackTactical34 is ARMA 2 + GL4?

Must be T.C.L. will not work in ARMA 2 because of the new scripting commands used by it.

Well i don't see a problem with that at all.

Sometimes i still read some of my old scripts / mod stuff just for some nostalgic feelings and to laugh about my coding skills from back than. :icon2:

@domokun

Any chance that you could implement a variable that modifies the speed of information sharing for AI?

Which part of info sharing do you mean exactly? The reinforcement request time?

If radio, then time = [X] minutes +/- [Y] minutes (variable for variety)

If no radio, then check distance to nearest AI:

If nearest AI < 180m (shouting distance) then AI shouts (does such a trigger exist in Arma? is it audible to players?) and nearest AI is alerted within 1 minute

If nearest AI > 180m (shouting distance) then XX% chance AI fights & YY% chance AI runs to nearest higher command (they're more likely to have a radio)

Yes i was already looking to implement something like this but right now i got stuck at the knowledge decreasing A.I. part again caused by some unexpected ARMA A.I. scripting command behaviours...

But i will defenetly keep this in mind! :thumbs-up:

@ZackTactical34

Again, my only intent with my post/video was to show that TCL was incredibly advanced

True! In terms of A.I. it defenetly is much more advanced than GL4 ever was.

My main goal with GL3 and GL4 was to bring back the feeling of some of my all time favorite O.F.P. mods ( KeyCat's Group Link 2 and E.C.P. ) into ARMA series.

With T.C.L. i mainly focused on A.I. improvements with some little F.X. improvements.

Damn... All those countless LAN sessions we had back in O.F.P. times... This time really had the biggest impact on me in my entire gaming life! So much good memories!! So much fun!!

I just want to give this community the chance to experience at least some of what i did!

Thats my main goal with all my past and current modding projects.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@MOV_Thommo

Would it be possible to include a setting for the AI flare usage?

Already done + modified to reduce A.I. flare usage as requested by AirShark.

Will be available in the next update.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'll definitely be trying this out. It sounds like fun. As someone who only plays Arma by myself against AI, I'm always looking for new things to improve AI and make them more challenging as opponents and useful as allies. Question: are all of the AI features you've listed (reinforcements, artillery, etc) configurable in the editor using modules or do I have to make scripts for it?

@ZackTactical34

Thanks for testing and sharing your videos with us! :icon5:

Well have to say in urban areas ARMA 3 vanilla A.I. already is pretty good by using all those leaning and smart cover usage!

@Dallas Medina

Question: are all of the AI features you've listed (reinforcements, artillery, etc) configurable in the editor using modules or do I have to make scripts for it?

All features will be enabled by default.

There are some specific A.I. group type(s) which make A.I. group(s) use some specific behaviours which can be set by using a trigger or by using the "setVariable" command in the editor.

Also some A.I. behaviours can be disabled / enabled directly from within the "UserConfig\TCL\" settings.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dallas Medina said:

Question: are all of the AI features you've listed (reinforcements, artillery, etc) configurable in the editor using modules or do I have to make scripts for it? 

Take a look at https://github.com/Arma-TCL-TypeX/TCL-TypeX/wiki.

Just ask here if you have more questions,  it will help to complete the documentation.

Btw,@snkman, I found an interesting FX feature in one Tanoan house. :D I don’t think it’s listed in the documentation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@specialsmith

Hmm... What is it?

But yeah could be true!

I also did not list the entire internal A.I. features as well.

Guess if i would i could easily double the A.I. feature list. :icon2:

I don't like all this documentation and writing stuff too much always keeps me away from doing what i like to do modding and coding! :icon1:

1 hour ago, snkman said:

I don't like all this documentation and writing stuff too much always keeps me away from doing what i like to do modding and coding! 

That's the community duty to thank you for this great job.

@here : the F.A.Q is slowly growing, from basic to more sophisticated things : https://github.com/Arma-TCL-TypeX/TCL-TypeX/wiki/FAQ.

Tell me the most important questions, it will help to make the wiki better !

On 2/7/2019 at 8:34 PM, snkman said:

T.C.L. react to each player and playable unit(s) / group(s). 

So if you like to watch A.I. vs A.I. simply set 1 A.I. group to playable and there you go!

And, in the last version of your documentation :

"Note: The A.I. combat system of Tactical Combat Link will react to playable and switchable unit(s) only!Since version 1.0.17 it is possible to use all features of Tactical Combat Link in A.I. vs A.I. combat situations as well.This means it is possible to have any A.I. side vs any Player side enemy to the A.I. and A.I. vs A.I. at the same time andduring the whole mission."

It's very confusing for me at the moment. I try simple questions to clarify

- AI vs AI -> TCL features will be used by AI groups of both sides as far as they are under TCL control, right ? All TCL features ? Some of them ?

- AI vs player/playable/switchable -> TCL features will be used by opponent AI as far as they are TCL controlled, right ? Will AI controlling playable/switchable units be using TCL features also ?

- AI vs AI vs players -> same as above, depending on game setup (independant alligeance, mainly), right ?

If this is the case, well, it's very simple : TCL is used for all groups ! But I suspect something more subtile 🤔

Just tested this one, I love the Ai behaviour! Great job mate, I hope you keep it up 🙂 Really looking forward for the update without the flare overspam.

But as always, a few questions/suggestions 😄 

- Is it possible to make Ai garrison a building with hold waypoint? (Like in Vcom) It's quite essential.

- Is it serversided? I don't care about the sound effects etc that much, I know that's clientsided for sure. 

3 hours ago, Jimi Markkanen said:

- Is it serversided? I don't care about the sound effects etc that much, I know that's clientsided for sure

Yes, sure it is ! The script version doesn't use sound FX.