mcnools

Tanoa map screen stuck when missing textures (looking for workaround)

Hello, my group and me has always had a problem where sometimes when loading the mission we would just get stuck on a screen showing the map of tanoa (regardless what map we use), we've finally tracked it down and figured out it happens when there's a "missing texture"-error on the map (could be caused by other error messages too but this is the most common), now, we can of course usually just fix this by finding the object etc. with a missing texture and remove it but sometimes those errors can be more illusive, and on some custom terrains and mods there can be such errors that we can't really do anything about.

Now my question is really just if there's a good workaround for the dedicated server, maybe forcing it to ignore these errors somehow? These missions always start when one of us hosts locally so it's only a problem with the dedicated server. As a missing texture isn't really game-breaking for us it would be nice to just ignore it and move on.

Any ideas?

On 2/1/2019 at 4:01 PM, mcnools said:

could be caused by other error messages too

I guess that yeah. Could you please upload your RPT file somewhere?

On 2/1/2019 at 4:01 PM, mcnools said:

Now my question is really just if there's a good workaround for the dedicated server, maybe forcing it to ignore these errors somehow?

No

8 hours ago, Dedmen said:

I guess that yeah. Could you please upload your RPT file somewhere?

No

Unfortunately I'm not the server admin so I don't have access to them right now, we have narrowed it down to it happening with missing textures at least, if there's no workaround I'll guess we'll have to live with not playing using certain mods that cause missing texture errors. 🙂