Steve Massey

Love the game, let's see some more great work!

So I picked up this game a few days ago and instantly fell in love with the heart pumping aspect of having to get out alive and hope someone is camping the exit. And I know this game is still in preview but hell that's why I'm about to mention things that would make this game set itself apart from any others! At least imo. 

First things first. As a survival game I believe there should be a an actual survival experience. Have the radiation as a game mode but also a long weather varient game mode.  What I mean by this is that I would personally like to see craftable equips to survive harsh weather. That being said this would only apply to let's just say "survive the storm" game mode. This mode would include bears, wolfs, eagles that fly over head above dead bodies so you can watch them flock to where players have been killed. 

During the match all exits are closed for 15 minutes. For the first ten minutes weather is normal, giving time to collect resources and having the ability to chop wood to make fires. The rest of the game the weather will violently change starting from a light rain that can soak gear making it important to wear waterproof gear. The rain will then change to snow. Then a blizzard. During this blizzard wolfs are more likely to hunt in packs. Visibility is small and you must stay warm. Houses can be taken as a safe haven but the only way to craft fires is via fireplaces while indoors. The smoke given from the fireplace would show up on the map only for about 15 seconds per minute. This would give the opportunity to have others sneak to others safe haven while also possibly getting lost in the blizzard, freezing or making themselfs heard by fending off wolfs. Radiation would only set in after 45 minutes. The longer you last the better chance of rare loot. You have one flare gun to call in a chopper to imediate evac of items in inv to be able to take them out. (Only ten items). After this your inventory is all you get. 

Traps would also be a great addition to this game. The ability to catch someone in a trap while they suspend in air and have to cut themselfs down would be amazing or watching a grizzly be attracted to them also. 

Also. The ability to inflate or craft a small boat of some kind to get across water faster would be cool. 

Like I mentioned I know the game still has a way to go so I hope this game gets a great community with good ideas. Thanks

I do like the idea of more survival. I think all those animals and mechanics would drastically change the game but at the very least, having very valuable gas mask or medications to survive longer in the radiation would be cool.  Vultures circling when bodies are close together would be interesting too. 

Interesting ideas Steve, my views on some are below;

Exits closed for first 15 minutes - limits players gameplay tactics and in my opinion would drive players away. Some players, myself included at times, find what they need for an upgrade in the first couple of loot locations and get off the map. So that idea would drive players using that tactic to camp by exits once they had the loot they needed.

Random animals - no problem with that, depending on what damage stats their given. Would make players take more ammo maybe limiting inventory space. For instance I carry 72 parrabelum for my Suomi to keep my inventory clear for loot.

Camping by a fire during a storm - not for me. I feel this would just slow the pace of the game. Players tactics vary and this is forcing players into tactics they might not be comfortable with. I.e forcing them into staying on the map longer. Loot and go is a common tactic, especially for newer players, and players looking to upgrade quickly.

45 minutes until radiation cloud - not for me. I think the current timings encourage players to be more mobile in both looting and getting to the drop site.

Chopper evacuation - not for me as this as it is a survival game and if you had access to a chopper, firstly where would you keep it at the shelter. Craft a Hanger as an update, then what's next missiles etc. And secondly why would you be visiting risky areas if you could fly around in a chopper? I think the anxiety created by having to reach an exit is a great part of the game.

Traps - maybe, but if so they should really eat up inventory space. Sounds a little too Fortnite for me.

Crafting boats - not for me, as the current system makes you look for a decent crossing place of leave yourself exposed.