jeroenV1982

Respawn in airborne vehicle

Hi all,

I have build a mission with one MP player slot in an airborne A-10C (Eden editor, no script files). When I set the Multiplayer attributes to "select respawn position", the user can select the A-10C and will jump in the airborne A-10C. The problem is that the plane starts an unguided flight-path (although I added a MOVE waypoint) and even starts to role.

Another problem is that if I do a manual respawn, I can jump in the A-10C but its engines are off???. I`m high enough so I can start them and fly but in a slow respawn the plane crashes.

How to improve this without writing script files?

PIC1

PIC2

• Like 1

Hello there jeroenV1982 and welcome also to Bis forums !

Personally i never use the 3d editor , but this should work :

so place in the plane's init :

this engineOn true;

and

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setSpeedMode

this setSpeedMode "FULL";

if it doesn't work then try also this :

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setVelocity

I don't know if there might be an option about it in 3den.

Tip: Click to follow your topic

If you're spawning the plane in, use setVelocityModelSpace to get it some forward speed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

setSpeedMode only affects groups or units/manned vehicles, won't have any effect on empty vehicles.

22 minutes ago, beno_83au said:

If you're spawning the plane in, use setVelocityModelSpace to get it some forward speed.

Shouldn't be needed, since the proper syntax of createVehicle already spawns the plane with engines on (without having to spool up) and with a healthy forward momentum:

_plane =  createVehicle ["B_plane_CAS_01_dynamicLoadout_F", (getPosATL player vectorAdd [0,0,100]), [], 0, "FLY"];
player moveInAny _plane;

Should be all that's needed (with adjusted spawn position of course).

Cheers

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Shouldn't be needed, since the proper syntax of createVehicle already spawns the plane with engines on (without having to spool up) and with a healthy forward momentum:

Roger, cheers. I've done that a bit in the past.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

setSpeedMode only affects groups or units

To be honest , i added  also this , in case that he was using switchable units and ai as pilot.

Thank you for the solution !

3 hours ago, beno_83au said:

Roger, cheers. I've done that a bit in the past.

And you're still right for many modded planes. Further more, that doesn't hurt BI planes. I'm using this way in CUP Warlord.

• Like 2

Who... lot`s of unexpected help from many people! Thanks guys!  I posted my mission with the plane on ground for now. I will save a copy and re-try to do airborne with these tips.

Again, many thanks!

There is one more question for the same MP Mission;

When I start (Select Respawn Position Enabled in Eden), and I select the airborne slot, I end up in the plane and then get the Map Full Screen. I see myself in the A-10 on the mini map flying and I also hear my engine is on. On the bottom is the respawn box and asks me to select a respawn position which will send my pilot to a user respawn position which I don't want. I also tried to make a respawn position in the plane but this spawns a second plane??

So my question;

Can I exclude one slot from having the respawn menu? For all other players it`s great and as intended.

Video:

EDIT: I added this code which seems to work to delete the airplane:

player addEventHandler ["getInMan",{
  params ["_plyr","","_veh"];
  [_plyr,_veh] spawn {
    params ["_plyr","_veh"];
    waitUntil {sleep 2; _veh != objectParent _plyr && _veh distance2D _plyr > 25};
    deleteVehicle _veh
  }
}];

I tried this engineOn true; but it doesn't work as you can see in the video.