Sign in to follow this  
straubinger82

Triggered waypoint only works when trigger is near the waypoint?

Hello my dear comrades,

first please apologize, I´m just going nuts and need your help. I could not find any related information to my problem which is crazy, cause it is the very first time noone seems having what I am experiencing. Being on editor-duty since OFP I made thousands of (easy) missions for me and my friends sofar. To ArmA 3 I´m new I have to admit. But the very basics are still in my head I think. My Problem is, that a triggered waypoint seems only working when the trigger is near the waypoint it is synced or related to, as written in the topics tittle.

Trying to give you my "mission-goal" in the very short form:

When a blufor-group arrives at a certain location, an enemy helicopter has to fly to a waypoint to unload it´s cargoed troops.

#01 - This is the working test-scenario:

- A ind-group is sitting in a helicopter, with a waypoint (move) right in front of it, the waypoints condition is T1, followed by further waypoints to it´s designated landing zone

- Right behind the helicopter, I place a blufor-soldier (played by me) with a small trigger in front, set to blufor present, on activation T1=true

- So when I pass the trigger, T1 equals true and the helicopter starts it´s way to the landingzone caused by the trigger (a blufor being present)

-> This is working fine! How couldn´t it, right?!

#02 - That is the non-working test-scenario:

- A ind-group is sitting in a helicopter, with a waypoint (move) right in front of it, the waypoints condition is T1, followed by further waypoints to it´s designated landing zone

- Far away a blufor-group in a vehicle drives throu a trigger, set to blufor present, on activation T1=true

- So when the blufor group in the vehicle equals T1 true -> Nothing happens!?

I only made up scenario #01 for checking the overall functionality and am still being surprised, that the very same scenario does not work, seemingly only caused by the trigger not being right near the helicopter wich is waiting for T1=true. I also tried the easy-going waypoint-synced-to-trigger-method, but came to the very same insane outcomes. So my question is, am I the only one experiencing such insanity? Are there any distance related things I have to care for? If so, why? What I´m doing wrong? May all this relate to some Eden-specials?

My thanks in advance for any help in my broken arrow scenario..

Hello folks and sorry for doublepost.

I just got behind my problem and now know what had caused it. Maybe some of you guessed it. I somehow accidently checked the "Enable Dynamic Simulation" on the units far away triggering the waypoint for my helicopter. So when sitting in the helicopter, waiting for the triggered start far away from the blufor vehicle that should cause this - it simply did not move in trigger-area..

..shame and laughs at me I´m sure.

So anybody else who might get mad as I did - be aware that Dynamic Simulation also stops units from following waypoints in case you didn´t know 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Haha, gotta learn somehow 👍 Good work on posting the solution.