Jump to content

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, diwako said:

STUI has that? I know that ACE3 has an option to hide/disable these ui elements.

 

 

Here is the timestamp where this feature is explained.

 

Edit: Another question,  how does your mod deal with KIA? As explained in the above video near the end, ShackTac's solution is that a squad member has to look at the dead body at close range for them to be confirmed KIA and so have their name removed from the name list. I quite like that feature as well or something similar to it.

 

Edit 2: I will add this as feature request on GitHub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, a_killer_wombat said:

Edit: Another question,  how does your mod deal with KIA? As explained in the above video near the end, ShackTac's solution is that a squad member has to look at the dead body at close range for them to be confirmed KIA and so have their name removed from the name list. I quite like that feature as well or something similar to it.

 

Edit 2: I will add this as feature request on GitHub

The behavior is the same in DUI, as it is the vanilla behavior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 1.3.0 released

Changed:
Occlusion now checks for visibility once per second, meaning the feature is not as fps intensive anymore
Selection numbers are now shown in the namelist when at least one unit is selected

Added:
Arma3 UI Layout editor support
Ability to hide squadbar

 

ATTENTION

If you set your own UI position for the UI before this update:

With the support for the Arma3 Layout editor, old set positions will be broken! You can either ignore this and start from fresh or you can migrate these using this script.

profileNamespace setVariable ["igui_diwako_dui_compass_x", profileNamespace getVariable "diwako_dui_compass_x"];
profileNamespace setVariable ["igui_diwako_dui_compass_y", profileNamespace getVariable "diwako_dui_compass_y"];
profileNamespace setVariable ["igui_diwako_dui_namelist_x", profileNamespace getVariable "diwako_dui_namelist_x"];
profileNamespace setVariable ["igui_diwako_dui_namelist_y", profileNamespace getVariable "diwako_dui_namelist_y"];
profileNamespace setVariable ["diwako_dui_compass_x",nil];
profileNamespace setVariable ["diwako_dui_compass_y",nil];
profileNamespace setVariable ["diwako_dui_namelist_x",nil];
profileNamespace setVariable ["diwako_dui_namelist_y",nil];
saveProfileNamespace;

 

Download

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1638341685

https://github.com/diwako/diwako_dui/releases/tag/1.3.0

 

 

How to use the Layout Editor?

As usual by clicking on game options and then layout editor. However I recommend these steps to hassle free set up the UI.

  1. Go into the editor, place a few units in a group
  2. Preview
  3. Open up your CBA settings while previewing and set them as desired
  4. Once you set the looks, Font, style, scale etc enable the checkbox to use the layout editor positions
  5. open up the layout editor, over esc -> settings -> game -> layout editor
  6. Set the position as you desire and save the UI layout
  7. You can either hit restart the mission or use the "Toggle UI" keybind to refresh the UI position

If something went wrong you can set the "Reset Ui Position" checkbox within CBA Settings, it will reset the UI positions to default.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update released. I consider this a hotfix due to Arma's handling with the Layout Editor.

Fixed:
Missing slash in Polish translations
Removed not needed debug code

Added:
CBA Setting to either use the Layout Editor position or precalculated default position for UI elements

Download:

https://github.com/diwako/diwako_dui/releases/tag/1.3.1

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1638341685

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update 1.3.3 released

 

Changelog:

Fixed:
Namelist row calculation was wrong, most noticeable on normal or above Arma UI scaling
You may need to redo that, sorry

Added:
Out of squad tracking, introduction to missionNameSpace variable "diwako_dui_special_track"
Korean translations (Patch)

Changed:
Namelist text scaling now allows 3 decimals instead of 2
Brazilian Portuguese translations tweaks/changes (aradiel)

Downloads:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1638341685

https://github.com/diwako/diwako_dui/releases/tag/1.3.3

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 3:49 PM, JD Wang said:

Thank you so much for this, I was just ranting in our units Discord the other day about issues I had with ShackTac and you come along and fix pretty much all of them ❤️

 

Hi, 

Just curious, what issues did your group have with the STHUD. I've been trying to figure what advantages this alternative might have. Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tuskegee_99th said:

 

Hi, 

Just curious, what issues did your group have with the STHUD. I've been trying to figure what advantages this alternative might have. Thanks.

 


Mostly the lack of customization, no way to easily toggle it on and off during a mission, etc etc 

This is just a very lightweight mod that does what it needs to do, with no extra bells and whistles (yet still remains much more customizable) 
Plus diwako is much more active in this thread helping people out and updating the addon than the ShackTac team seem to be.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tuskegee_99th said:

Just curious, what issues did your group have with the STHUD.

Main problem was performance. I noticed that STHUD was seriously impacting my fps, so much that I had to remove it even though I loved it so much.

DUI basically doesn't even show up on my profiler, that's how efficient it is.

Also, with DUI if I want something changed or optimized or request a feature I can just do that and I know I will be listened to, if I wanna do that for STHUD... Well... See for yourself: https://gitlab.com/shacktac-public/general/issues/2

And ofc the customizability and hotkeys available to do things is just much superior.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget the breaking changes I introduce every new version 😉

 

That said, next update is shaping up to be a larger one, as Brett on the a3 discord (no idea who he is here on the forums) offered to restructure the mod to be a CBA template mod. Basically nothing will really change for users, you just get now 2 pbos instead of one, and the compass style CBA setting has to be set again due to pboprefix/path change.

 

Why the upcoming change with the CBA template?

Well, first I wanted it to be CBA style from the beginning but I did not have the know how. Second I guessed this was going to be a one man show, I guessed wrong. Lastly, modularity, Brett wants to add a feature that probably a few people do not want, so they either can just disable it in CBA settings or straight up remove the affecting PBO when you upload it to your A3S/Swifty/what ever repo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dedmen said:

Main problem was performance. I noticed that STHUD was seriously impacting my fps, so much that I had to remove it even though I loved it so much.

DUI basically doesn't even show up on my profiler, that's how efficient it is.

Also, with DUI if I want something changed or optimized or request a feature I can just do that and I know I will be listened to, if I wanna do that for STHUD... Well... See for yourself: https://gitlab.com/shacktac-public/general/issues/2

And ofc the customizability and hotkeys available to do things is just much superior.

 

Thanks for the info. I had never noticed any significant performance hit due to the STHUD but I'm certainly going to compare the two based on this new information. And I agree with the benefit of having interaction with the developer. Looks like great work diwako, gonna try it out this evening.

 

So in my initial test of this mod it works great when connected to a locally hosted server but does not work properly when connected to a dedicated server. On the dedicated server I've just installed the key to enable to mod to be used since it supposed to be a client side mod. When connected to dedicated not all of the UI elements render. I get the unit icons for the units in my group (sometimes) but never see the compass or the names. Also changes made via 'configure addons' do not take affect. I like all the features of the mod but if it won't work when members of our group are connected to our dedicated server it won't be of much use. Any help getting this working would be greatly appreciated. I did see a note about a 'settings' file but I have no idea what that file should look like or where it should go.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tuskegee_99th said:

 

Thanks for the info. I had never noticed any significant performance hit due to the STHUD but I'm certainly going to compare the two based on this new information. And I agree with the benefit of having interaction with the developer. Looks like great work diwako, gonna try it out this evening.

 

So in my initial test of this mod it works great when connected to a locally hosted server but does not work properly when connected to a dedicated server. On the dedicated server I've just installed the key to enable to mod to be used since it supposed to be a client side mod. When connected to dedicated not all of the UI elements render. I get the unit icons for the units in my group (sometimes) but never see the compass or the names. Also changes made via 'configure addons' do not take affect. I like all the features of the mod but if it won't work when members of our group are connected to our dedicated server it won't be of much use. Any help getting this working would be greatly appreciated. I did see a note about a 'settings' file but I have no idea what that file should look like or where it should go.

 

make sure to modify the client settings when you are connected to a dedicated server. The only way the settings are greyed out of the server are forcing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the thing is, you have to do the settings, while creating your mission (before loading it up onto the server). some settings can't be configured afterwards.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, diwako said:

make sure to modify the client settings when you are connected to a dedicated server. The only way the settings are greyed out of the server are forcing them.

 

I was modifying the settings while I was connected to our dedicated server. And I have CBA and DUI Squad Radar running only client side. Most of DUI Squad Radar UI doesn't render at all (just the unit markers, and only sometimes) and trying to change settings doesn't not work at all. Does CBA need to be running on the server? When I use STHUD I run CBA and STHUD only client-side and am able to change settings just fine after connecting to the server and starting a mission. madpat3, I don't see where you can get to configure addons after connecting the server but before starting a mission. Thanks ahead of time for any more help.

 

So the problem was that I needed to have CBA running on the server, not just clientside. That fixed everything. When using STHUD you can run both CBA and STHUD clientside only and it works fine. Problem resolved. And the cool thing is, you can change DUI Squad Radar settings mid mission, no problem. Great job diwako.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tuskegee_99th said:

When using STHUD you can run both CBA and STHUD clientside only and it works fine.

 

CBA was NEVER a clientside mod. You theoretically 'can' run it clientside only, just as you can run RHS cllientside only. It just wouldn't make any sense.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For my groups server and purposes it has worked just fine running CBA clienside only as long as we were only running CBA dependent mods clientside only. Of course if we were running a CBA dependent mode on the server, like ACRE2, then we run CBA on the server as well. But, I get your point, and have changed to always running CBA serverside as well. I was just pointing out that CBA and STHUD both running clientside does work fine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small update released to fix 2 bugs before the big one

Version 1.3.4

Fixed:
UI now renders above ACE Nightvision overlay
diwako_dui_special_track now showing correct icons for mod vehicles and turrets on compass

Download:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1638341685

https://github.com/diwako/diwako_dui/releases/tag/1.3.4

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.4.0 is currently live on the DEV upload in steam for people who want to check that out, 

Changes are:

  • CBA Mod Template restructure
  • Occlusion Fade time is now configurable
  • ACE Nametag color support
  • Tracking color for out of group tracking is now configurable

Still working in converting it fully to the CBA template, only real breaking change for users is that the compass style is reset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 1.4.0 released

Changed:
Mod is now converted to CBA Mod Template!
Namelist is completely rewritten so cutting of text should be way less of an issue

Changed:
Selecting ACE3 color scheme now takes the colors from ace_nametags if that mod is present

Added:
Custom color for out of squad tracking
Occlusion fade speed is now configurable!

There is one breaking change, you need to set your compass style again!

 

Download:

https://github.com/diwako/diwako_dui/releases/tag/1.4.0

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1638341685

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated to Version 1.4.1

Added:
Spanish translations (Terry)
"Clones" Icon Style (kripto202)
Added Setting to hide UI from the get go
Added keybind to show/hide UI while holding down
Extended Support for popular Radio mods spectator variables

Updated:
Brazilian Portuguese translations (Aradiel)

Downloads:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1638341685

https://github.com/diwako/diwako_dui/releases/tag/1.4.1

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update 1.5.0 relased, New feature Indicators have been added!

Added:
-New feature: Indicators (by Brett) (it is its own PBO, you can remove it or disable it in CBA settings if you do not wish to use this feature)
-Russian translations (topden)

Changed:
-Player icon will now show up on compass if you are alone in a group and chose to hide it if there is tracked object showing up on the compass
-Rescaling of UI elements now enabled in A3 UI editor
-Default scaling value of Radar and Namelist is now dependent on screen height (bovine3dom)

Updated:
-Updated Japanese translations (classicarma)

For those wondering what indicators are, look at the icons directly at the units in your squad
08EC7BCC1271F9E170387AAB30F369E670D703C8

Downloads:

https://github.com/diwako/diwako_dui/releases/tag/1.5.0

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1638341685

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kerozen said:

It still doesn't work with custom FOV?

Nope, I am using a command to rotate UI elements. For some reason FOV is taken into consideration when that element is rotated. It is nothing I can fix. Hence why I created a ticket on the BI Feedback Tracker.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to push a hotfix, sorry about that!

Version 1.5.1

 

Hotfix addressing script errors

Fixed:
-Fixed script error happening in indicators
-Duplicate stringtable entry (aradiel)

Updated:
-Polish translation (3Mydlo3)
-Portuguese translation (aradiel)

 

Downloads:

https://github.com/diwako/diwako_dui/releases/tag/1.5.1

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1638341685

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When ACE is loaded, the vanilla squad bar will disappear when you bring up diary(default key: 2xJ) then close it. Any workaround please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×