1 hour ago, LSValmont said:

That looks nice!

Will that only work with ACRE/TFAR or also A3's default comms?

I have not looked into vanilla VON so far, as I never used it and am unsure if there are eventhandlers (CBA or vanilla) available for it.

On 5/13/2020 at 2:27 AM, diwako said:

I have not looked into vanilla VON so far, as I never used it and am unsure if there are eventhandlers (CBA or vanilla) available for it.

Perhaps you could just check for the press of the VON button and display the icons accordingly.

Basically what KK does here:

http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-whos-talking/

On 5/13/2020 at 12:00 AM, diwako said:

Small sneak peak from what's to come.

Further ACRE/TFAR support

fGSXrAt.pngcwmCNVn.png

Will it just show the "bubble" of the guy speaking regardless if it's in local voice, short rage or long range radios or you plan to have different icons?

On 5/13/2020 at 4:45 PM, LSValmont said:

Perhaps you could just check for the press of the VON button and display the icons accordingly.

Basically what KK does here:

http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-whos-talking/

Yeah I have looked into that and ho boy, that made me say "nope" pretty hard.

12 hours ago, thePier said:

Will it just show the "bubble" of the guy speaking regardless if it's in local voice, short rage or long range radios or you plan to have different icons?

Right now it is planned to have only one icon, however you'll have the option to only show that icon if someone speaks over radio. I am still working on that for TFAR tho, ACRE already works.

This icon is also customizable via mod or mission config edits and is tied to the icon style presets.

• Like 2

Hello! Can you please add a settings that allows to manually choose whether to show the medic icon on the radar if a player has the ace attribute or is of the medic classname? Let me better explain: now if a player has some sort of ace medical level, DUI automatically shows it on the radar as a medic. What I would like to do is to have the medic icon displayed only if a player is of a medic class (such as "B_medic_F" for example). This because me and my friends like to have "ace advanced diagnose" on for everyone (numeric values for heart rate and pressure), and to achieve this thing we need to set all our avatars to medic, restricting some actions such as stitching to doctors.

Please let me know if I explained or not! Thank you.

• Like 1

Hey there,

Normally I would just release the update into the wild, however the new update has one feature in it which would be cool if people could test before hand, as it is hard to test alone. It is the deeper integration of TFAR and ACRE, in short icons which show if a unit is talking, both locally or over radio.

So, without further ado, changelog and links to the Release candidate one:

DUI v1.7.0 RC1

Changelog:

Spoiler

Added:
Crew Radar functionality (larger compass range when in crew slot) (#127 by 10Dozen)
Allow all items which can be used as compass (#129)
Show icon when speaking with popular radio mods (#130)
Add ability to hide cardinal points even with compass item (#135)

Changed:
Don't run GUI updates while game is paused or minimized (#125 by Fusselwurm)

Translations:
Add missing Russian translations (#126 by 10Dozen)

Links:

WS: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1617125729
Direct: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13xMGbGIIEUseu77533uRoQZcWKns9yQC/view?usp=sharing
GitHub: https://github.com/diwako/diwako_dui/releases/tag/1.7.0-rc1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/24/2020 at 4:31 PM, Lorenz94 said:

Hello! Can you please add a settings that allows to manually choose whether to show the medic icon on the radar if a player has the ace attribute or is of the medic classname? Let me better explain: now if a player has some sort of ace medical level, DUI automatically shows it on the radar as a medic. What I would like to do is to have the medic icon displayed only if a player is of a medic class (such as "B_medic_F" for example). This because me and my friends like to have "ace advanced diagnose" on for everyone (numeric values for heart rate and pressure), and to achieve this thing we need to set all our avatars to medic, restricting some actions such as stitching to doctors.

Please let me know if I explained or not! Thank you.

Can be done. Create a feature request over at the GitHub page.

• Like 1

Changelog for version 1.7.0

Added:
Crew Radar functionality (larger compass range when in crew slot) (#127 by 10Dozen)
Allow all items which can be used as compass (#129)
Show icon when speaking with popular radio mods (#130)
Add ability to hide cardinal points even with compass item (#135)

Changed:
Don't run GUI updates while game is paused or minimized (#125 by Fusselwurm)

Translations:
Add missing Russian translations (#126 by 10Dozen)

Download:

https://github.com/diwako/diwako_dui/releases/tag/1.7.0
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1638341685

• Like 2

Is it still not compatible with FOV changes?

6 hours ago, Mick Partington said:

Is it possible to use on a exile server to detect AI 🙂

... if the AI is in your squad, then yes?

Great mod, thank you for making this.

Is there a way to hide DUI for everyone on a server via script? I'm trying to make a cinematic but DUI appears over cinematic borders and cutText black screen.

On 8/22/2020 at 4:07 PM, blah2355 said:

Great mod, thank you for making this.

Is there a way to hide DUI for everyone on a server via script? I'm trying to make a cinematic but DUI appears over cinematic borders and cutText black screen.

Sorry, for the late reply. Yes there is. Setting the variable "diwako_dui_main_toggled_off" to true will hide DUI. Setting it to false should show it again, if DUI was enabled before.

I also added a small wiki entry for this

https://github.com/diwako/diwako_dui/wiki/Hiding-DUI-for-cutscenes

• Like 2

17 hours ago, diwako said:

Sorry, for the late reply. Yes there is. Setting the variable "diwako_dui_main_toggled_off" to true will hide DUI. Setting it to false should show it again, if DUI was enabled before.

I also added a small wiki entry for this

https://github.com/diwako/diwako_dui/wiki/Hiding-DUI-for-cutscenes

Above and beyond, thank you so much!

Hey everyone,

Just pushed a release candidate for version 1.8.0. There is one large new feature. It is nametags. These are mostly already tested in a small group, but it would be cool if others also take a look 🙂

Smallish preview:

0969FF0CF1A9D9963B9D8834F34C744E5E490DAA

Changelog:

Added:
Radar - Setting to choose when to show medic icon (#139)
Nametags - Added to DUI (#147)
Radar - Max opacity setting for icons on radar (#149)
Radar - Setting to control distance between radar and bearing control (#150)
Radar - Occlusion fade in time setting (#152)

Fixed:
Radar - ACRE God mode throws error (#146)
Radar - Reduced icon jitter on radar (#151)

Changed:
General - Moved color setters to main component, fixes bug in indicators (#148)

Note:
Setting CBA setting "diwako_dui_radar_trackingColor" is now "diwako_dui_main_trackingColor"

Link to download (github and workshop):

https://github.com/diwako/diwako_dui/releases/tag/1.8.0-rc1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I speak from personal experience. The nametags are fantastic. :) 

-k 

• Like 1

diwako,
I am making first tests with DUI on a dedicated server and from the testing it would seem that client settings take precedence over mission and/or server settings. There just doesn't seem to be a way to overwrite/force client settings.

See the image via the below link that displays the Server settings for DUI.

https://imgur.com/a/GrWHIup

As can be seen from the image every setting has red X which in this case means that all those settings are overwritten by clients. I tried to force (or overwrite) from the Server settings tab one of the settings for clients and mission but couldn't. When forcing te setting server printed a "13:36:31 [CBA] (settings) WARNING: Value true is invalid for setting diwako_dui_indicators_show" message.

FYI also that at one point I had a cba_settings.sqf on the server with the intention to force certain DUI settings and even with that clients' settings applied (and not the server's as it should be).

Shouldn't Mission settings take precedence over Client settings and Server settings should take over both? Or is what I'm experiencing here something that's on my end? If the problem stems from my end then I'd gladly take some pointers what to do here.

Do you run DUI on the server as well. CBA settings which are server enforced only work if the server also has the settings added to CBA.

On 10/26/2020 at 7:47 PM, diwako said:

Do you run DUI on the server as well. CBA settings which are server enforced only work if the server also has the settings added to CBA.

Thank you for this notion. I somehow initially managed to convince myself with the idea that only clients need the mod installed (naturally to be able to use it in the first place) and I just force certain settings via CBA settings file that resides on the server. As I've found out now that didn't work so now also the server has DUI Squad radar installed and loaded and forcing the settings seems to work as expected.

I did a short test run with the latest stable version of the mod and couple of comments from the testing:

• Icon occlusion doesn't seem to work past 50 meters
    • I tested this with setting Max range (diwako_dui_indicators_range) to 100 meters and naturally having occlusion (diwako_dui_enable_occlusion) enabled. When sending a unit from the player's squad behind an obstacle that's >50 meters away from the player the indicator for that unit will be shown between 51-100 meters IF the line of sight between player and the unit was not broken when the distance between player and the unit was under 50 meters
  • For some reason settings Show SQL Always First (diwako_dui_radar_sqlFirst) and Sort (diwako_dui_radar_sortType) are being forced for clients and afaik I haven't done this knowingly. I made these observations when testing on a dedicated server but also when testing via in-game editor
    • on dedicated server I haven't forced these settings via CBA settings file. And on additional note these settings seem to already be forced when testing via editor. Are these perhaps forced from within the mod itself(?)
  • When using the mod (be it as client or server) it seems to output some error in the RPT file. Doesn't really seem to affect functionality at least on client side but FYI if you could better tell what the issue might be
    • 12:53:08 Global namespace not passed during: false
      12:53:08 Global namespace not passed during: false
      12:53:08 Error in expression <false>
      12:53:08   Error position: <false>
      12:53:08   Error Local variable in global space

On 10/31/2020 at 11:10 AM, Asmodeuz said:

Thank you for this notion. I somehow initially managed to convince myself with the idea that only clients need the mod installed (naturally to be able to use it in the first place) and I just force certain settings via CBA settings file that resides on the server. As I've found out now that didn't work so now also the server has DUI Squad radar installed and loaded and forcing the settings seems to work as expected.

I did a short test run with the latest stable version of the mod and couple of comments from the testing:

• Icon occlusion doesn't seem to work past 50 meters
    • I tested this with setting Max range (diwako_dui_indicators_range) to 100 meters and naturally having occlusion (diwako_dui_enable_occlusion) enabled. When sending a unit from the player's squad behind an obstacle that's >50 meters away from the player the indicator for that unit will be shown between 51-100 meters IF the line of sight between player and the unit was not broken when the distance between player and the unit was under 50 meters
  • For some reason settings Show SQL Always First (diwako_dui_radar_sqlFirst) and Sort (diwako_dui_radar_sortType) are being forced for clients and afaik I haven't done this knowingly. I made these observations when testing on a dedicated server but also when testing via in-game editor
    • on dedicated server I haven't forced these settings via CBA settings file. And on additional note these settings seem to already be forced when testing via editor. Are these perhaps forced from within the mod itself(?)
  • When using the mod (be it as client or server) it seems to output some error in the RPT file. Doesn't really seem to affect functionality at least on client side but FYI if you could better tell what the issue might be
    • 

For the first point. That seems to be a bug. The indicators component is using the occlusion values of the radar component. It does make sense why the occlusion will not work within 50 to 100 range, as the radar component does not look at any units outside its showing range.

For the second one. Sorting and show leader first are intended to be forced either by server or by missions. Clients are not to use this setting. Reason behind it is pretty simple. Every client should have the same sorting in their namelist. Else row calls will be confusing.

No idea about that last point honestly.

Lately I've been getting "Error:No Vehicle" in the player name whenever someone died and respawned. Any idea what can cause this? We've been scratching our heads trying to find out the cause.

Another thing we notice is that JIP players are invisible in the list.

On 11/9/2020 at 2:56 PM, MK84 said:

Lately I've been getting "Error:No Vehicle" in the player name whenever someone died and respawned. Any idea what can cause this? We've been scratching our heads trying to find out the cause.

Another thing we notice is that JIP players are invisible in the list.

I got a few people telling me this, I have yet to reproduce the issue.

Is it a specific game mode this happens? Is DUI also running on server? Which sorting mode is being used?