b3lx

Looking for a small flag

I'm making a mod that spawns small flags on buildings. I'm using the small flag from RHS but I would like to remove the RHS dependency. Is there any other addon around with a small flag that can be textured? I also looked into the checkered flag from vanilla but it doesn't have hidden selections 

You can do it yourself, starting from the white flag  (class Flag_White_F) and applying your own paa texture. I did it for French flag.
In init field of the flag: if (isServer) then {this setFlagTexture "drapeau_francais_mirroir.paa"};

where drapeau_francais_mirroir.paa is a custom texture placed in root folder of the mission.

paa comes from a Tga file (200x200 pixel) made with Gimp 2.  Then, transformed to paa by TexView2

I don't know why I had to mirror right <> left the picture to have a correct display on mast.

Interesting link. (Far more complete to go farther)

I know about setflagtexture, I use it on the RHS small flag. What I'm looking for is a small flag similar to the one provided by RHS because vanilla ones like Flag_White_F are too big and not suitable to put on building tops

On 1/28/2019 at 2:10 AM, b3lx said:

I also looked into the checkered flag from vanilla but it doesn't have hidden selections 

You can use forceFlagTexture on it:

this forceFlagTexture "\A3\Data_F\Flags\Flag_red_CO.paa";

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, pierremgi said:

You can use forceFlagTexture on it:

this forceFlagTexture "\A3\Data_F\Flags\Flag_red_CO.paa";

You are right it does work, even with setflagtexture. I don't know what I was doing wrong before. It places the texture a bit off-center but it's a start.

Thanks

forceFlagTexture should have a better rendering than setFlagTexture if you don't have hidden selections. This is what  I saw in this flag. Not sure it's a rule.

Ok. I'll keep looking for a mod though, because I'm not going to resize dozens of textures to the checkered flag size standards. It might do the job occasionally but I need something more straightforward