Elemtael

Adding Custom Composition to Addon

Lets try this again in the right place.

Greetings, all!

I'm trying to add a custom composition to the editor via my mod and it just isn't working out. Most of the composition is comprised of other mod's modules and the best I have been able to do is get an empty composition which has seemingly converted the modules to soldier units. I'm a little dumbfounded.

Does anyone have a way to take like a composition.sqe and convert it to a cfg? I've looked at a lot of examples using CFG groups but none of them have shown what a comp with attributes would like like.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That is unfortunate. The addon is basically a template that controls general stuff about my unit's missions; other mod settings being one piece of that. I was hoping that if it was possible via a mod I could avoid having people manually go in and add the custom composition to get everything to work. We have run into a few instances of people running an outdated version of the modules and it can cause huge problems.

I don't suppose there is any other way to alter/control settings without using modules? Adding compatibility with CBA comes to mind but that sounds like a shitload of work...

On 1/27/2019 at 5:17 PM, zukov said:

in addon does not much sense

What? In addon it makes more sense than in missions. Putting compositions in missions wouldn't make sense at all.

On 1/27/2019 at 7:14 PM, Elemtael said:

but that sounds like a shitload of work...

It is, especially if you don't really know what you are doing. Which I assume is the case otherwise you'd know how to answer your question by yourself 😄

Just looking in a AIO config for "Composition" I found a bunch of preset compositions in config.

Look into config under CfgGroups>>Empty.
The name is compositions, and it has a bunch of building compositions with their position and direction. You should be able to just add your own there.

There is also config class "CfgObjectCompositions" not sre what that's for.

Does Arma vanilla already have compositions? If so then just search for their name in config, but I guess the CfgGroups thing is mooost likely what you are looking for.

You can use this function :
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_exportCfgGroups

An easy way to use it in 3DEN :

[(screenToWorld [0.5,0.5]),(get3DENSelected "object")] call BIS_fnc_exportCfgGroups;

The exported data is config code that must be added under CfgGroups.
You can see an example there :
https://github.com/GdC-Framework/GdC_lib/blob/master/gdc_lib_compositions/config.cpp

• Like 2

Hey, sry for digging this one up, but could someone please explain this abit?

I have a vehicle composition and i rly want to know how i can create it into an mod/addon rather then to have it in a mission.