damsous

AI Suggestion

I don't know if i am in the right section but i have one suggestion about the AI ability, and it should be included in the game without using usermade script, mod or configure this in editor.

So the AI in any mortar or artillery vehicle should be able to use it to support friendly unit, without any configuration like the GL4 mod from Arma2 or Vcom from Arma3, so if the AI artillery unit is placed in the editor or spawned in game they must be able to use it, and not just stand and wait to be destroyed.

I think this feature its a huge miss in the game, cause artillery its a big weight on the battlefield an its a key factor that can change the outcome of a battle, add a more tactical approach, highlight the mecanised strategy (mobile unit and protected from the blast)

For exemple a motorised or armored artillery will give more job to the pilot, they will force the opposing faction to do air recon and raid the artillery vehicle.

That will force recon or paratrooper group to secure the airway by disabling enemy AA position.

That will force the infantry to use armored transport vehicle (mecanised combat).

There will be more air combat.

AA vehicle will be more important.

In my opinion this little change can really result to more dynamic and intense combat and completly change how an objective must be secured or captured, and how the mecanised bataillon are important in the modern warfare.

• Like 3

I think your forgetting that the base game is a sandbox, its the user that determines all these things you ask for, all the missions, campaigns ect,. that come with the game were made that way.

The core of the game is the editor, so if the game didn't come with any missions, sp or mp, no trials, ect,. and all you have was everything/editor and the interface then again it would be

up to the user and the community to create the scenario for the content of the game to function in.

The game is designed with the user in mind to edit, script, mod ect,. already had built in modules that you can sync to artillery types, and use them, among other things.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

I think your forgetting that the base game is a sandbox, its the user that determines all these things you ask for, all the missions, campaigns ect,. that come with the game were made that way.

The core of the game is the editor, so if the game didn't come with any missions, sp or mp, no trials, ect,. and all you have was everything/editor and the interface then again it would be

up to the user and the community to create the scenario for the content of the game to function in.

The game is designed with the user in mind to edit, script, mod ect,. already had built in modules that you can sync to artillery types, and use them, among other things.

You mean the player combat support module ?

I m talking for the AI that can handle the artillery without scripting or work on editor, i know a lot of people use Vcom just for that, cause that change a lot the gameplay for many gamemod like Liberation or other coop sandbox or coop in group.

It can be cool to get this without mod or user script :

Ultimately an AI that not able to use the artillery asset its a big miss for a military simulator.

16 hours ago, damsous said:

You mean the player combat support module ?

Ya, you can sync the artillery, cas, transport, ammo to the player/s.

I m talking for the AI that can handle the artillery without scripting or work on editor

Would be something that bis would have to add, it would need to be configured where the AI can identify, and know when to use the artillery, and who or what to use it on,

also considering what statics are being used.

The mission creator would have to have placed those statics in the mission for the AI to use them, all comes down to the mission maker.

As nice of a feature it would be, the game with the editor at its core is designed for those creative enthusiasts in mind,

why there is many modules, tools, and other aspects surrounding the editor for the community to use.

• Like 1

Think about this from a cost-benefit perspective, too. Arma 3 is a great platform which is enjoyed by many of us on here, but I doubt the game is seeing the growth in playerbase that would be needed to continue development like this. The AI would have to be able to sift through specific supports, determine which one would be best to use at the time and whether or not it was worth it in the first place. It would also need to be able effectively call and fire this support in a manner easily conveyed to the player (this is still a game with a wide range of playstyles). Then each support piece, including virtual supports, will need to have costs added to them, their ammunition, etc. Would your AI need to be of a certain rank to call in support? How do multiple support requests get handled? What about multiple requests for the same target? These questions would be important from the game-development side of things. The number of players this addition might bring in will be much smaller than the potential development costs needed. Arma 3, with the exception of 3rd party DLC, is in maintenance mode.

This isn't counting the fact that Arma 3's AI is the single most-taxing system in the game. Adding such a large functionality change for the AI likely isn't a good idea from a performance perspective, unless BI is going to take the time to do some low-level AI changes.

Trust, me I'd love it, too. But it's likely not practical to pull off at this point in Arma 3's development.

• Like 1