Sign in to follow this  
Ex3B

Did the Gorgon/Kamysh turret change with the Tanks DLC

I could swear at one point the GM6 Lynx (particularly with APDS ammo) and HMGs could disable the turret of a Gorgon or a BTR Kamysh. Even a M320 LLR could disable it (I think the SPMGs would work too)... yet in my recent testing post Tanks DLC, HMGs (standard and NSV-T) and the GM6 with APDS couldn't disable it.

I even made some mod HMGs firing APDS rounds and the normally unused 127x99 SLAP rounds. They were effective at disabling Marshal turrets, Mora turrets, Rhino guns, the HMG/GMG turrets of MRAPs/Panthers/Marids, but the gorgon and Kamysh seem completely immune to being disabled by HMGs, APDS rounds, and even the 20mm AP rounds of the Nyx's autocannon

* for the record, I was trying to find out what kind of armored units could be taken on by various airmobile or amphibious units. Even giving CSAT units 127x108mm APDS machine guns, they can't take on a gorgon... :/

I have noticed this too - surely its a bug. Would be good if this was fixed

On 1/19/2021 at 6:57 PM, grey0r said:

I have noticed this too - surely its a bug. Would be good if this was fixed

For some reason, the armor value of the gorgon turret is double that of the kamysh turret.

I "fixed" this in my "offshore assualt" mod when I added a NATO variant of the gorgon in sand and olive green camo